bozo

Shawn DeGeorge

Basejumper Shawn DeGeorge was in our local paper here in Vegas this morning. In the obituaries .
I lost touch with Shawn in the last couple of years. Does anyone know what happened to cause his demise ?
If you dont know Shawn...he was the first guy off the Stratosphere in Vegas while it was under construction.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

That really sucks =(

http://www.reviewjournal.com/obituaries/individual_display.jsp?obitID=4221645

Shawn and I did not always see I to I in Las Vegas, especially when he decided to cutaway because he needed a repack but Shawn loved to jump and loved the sport. I will miss giving him shit...

Blue Skies Forever Shawn...
Jason
Darrow Said
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."

though I never knew you, BSBD
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Say hi to the guys for me....
BSBD

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

WHOA WHAT?
found this
though it provided no answers it does show some of his jumps etc
My photos

My Videos

many thanks for introducing him at the Sweetheart boogie... he was definately a character all his own... i really enjoyed listening to his tales.. at the time i was looking for my grain of salt... seems i need it instead to season the crow of my doubts...

dark nights and low pulls....:(

many thanks for introducing him at the Sweetheart boogie... he was definately a character all his own... i really enjoyed listening to his tales.. at the time i was looking for my grain of salt... seems i need it instead to season the crow of my doubts...

dark nights and low pulls....:(

Shawn was the real deal.....everytime the cops caught him they would cut his risers and liftweb with a buck knife. He always showed up a couple weeks later with another container he picked up somewhere.

He scared the regular skydivers so bad with his wildness that there for a while I was the only one who would jump with him. I aint picky or skeery.
go easy Shawn.....ya goofball.
bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

when I was introduced to him at gravity zone I was told...

"they call him scary shawn, Be careful when youre in the air with him."

we had a fine jump. little bit of a tough time docking with each other but I never felt in fear of my own safety.

but after I pulled I watched him read a book ,file his nails and sip on a cup of tea before he waved off and dumped his main!....LOL

I was scared from that time on...but not so much that I wouldnt jump with him again.. I think I made a grand total of like three jumps with him.
he was always doing hop n pops. and I didnt feel like turning points at 3 k.:D
My photos

My Videos

Has anyone been able to find out what happened to him yet? I am trying to find his Dad, I have a phone number but it was busy all day. I will keep trying.
Jason
Darrow Said
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."

I have spoken to a few locals but no one knows.
if you hear anything please let us know
My photos

My Videos

Basejumper Shawn DeGeorge was in our local paper here in Vegas this morning. In the obituaries .

>>Man that's a bummer. I spoke with him a few weeks ago in Vegas; he gave a buddy of mine a copy of his video, where he winches himself up a tower on his 'shawnevator'. He seemed like a one of a kind.

Ok from what I hear he passed in his sleep.

don't know what caused it but he passed away in his sleep.

Just thought you would all like to know
My photos

My Videos