base428

Bridge Day Hotel Room Details

Another tip for you all:

Get your name on the Holiday Inn waiting list. We only have 100 of their 119 rooms because approximately 15 of them are held for the government. Apparently, the Holiday Inn has a contract with the gov't to provide lodging for people going into basic training. Sometimes they use a lot of rooms and most of the time they don't use any at all. Either way, the Holiday Inn must hold those 15 rooms until they are released by the gov't. At the last 3 Bridge Day's, all 15 rooms were later released to jumpers shortly before Bridge Day.

So put your name on the list. There WILL be rooms opening up.

Sorry that you all have to redial for so long just to get a room. I don't know any better way to make it fair for everyone. It would be easy to go to a lottery method or other unfair methods, but my goal is to make it fair and equal for everyone. At a minimum, I'm going to see if they will move the call time from 7:00AM to 2:00PM.

If anyone has a better idea on how to hand out hotel rooms fairly, please email me or post here.

Thanks.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I asked SEVERAL times for just the regular rooms and not the package. Was told that I HAD to buy the package or I could call back tomorrow and see what they had left for rooms.

If you get this straightened out please post so I can opt out of the package. Its bad enough their regular room rates are more then the holiday inn.

I'm still trying to get ahold of the Quality Inn right now. Go ahead and buy their package now, but I'll be sure to sort this out and try to get back the $150 per night option that I have in writing.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Good to know. We're #2 on the waiting list for the Hol Inn. We WERE #12 but a mate of mine (the one booking the room) is flying over from Ireland and wanted the room from Tuesday nite so they bumped us up;)
We currently have one booked @ the comfort Inn though , so I hope the C.I doent try to ass-rape us out of a hefty cancellation fee should we get something at the Hol Inn.[:/] Its all good.We have a roof!!

Hey Jason,

Yea my dad called up and they didn't even give him the reg price, just the package. We are gonna call back and get that BS taken off.

What is the Taste of Bridge Day reception???

D

They are only taking reservations for the package deal. If you don't want the package, they will put you on a wait list. Maybe you can straighten this out with them.

I just got off the phone with the Quality Inn's General Manager. I had to remind him about our agreement that he would also offer $150 per night rooms in addition to the $350 weekend package option. Apparently, he urged his employees to only offer the package deal. Now that I've freshened his memory, they are offering the $150 per night "bargain" and anyone who was forced to buy the package can change their option.

Sorry for the troubles everyone. It sounds like the Quality Inn was trying to capitalize on the event, but I'll give 'em the benefit and say that they just "forgot". Cya.

What is the Taste of Bridge Day reception???

Taste of Bridge Day reception: Bridge Day T-shirts, prime rib buffet, and deluxe continental breakfast along with Friday and Saturday night motel rooms.

"Hand out hotel rooms fairly"

I would look at it this way. Those of you who are participating should have fist dibbs on rooms, and of course staff are inn regardless. jumpers verses rooms we all should be inn, Hell like a car pool.

put Johnny, and Tom and a few others in a room and call it friday night entertainment, Can you picture that.:D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r:

All joking aside, The jumpers and staff should have the highest priority.
For me I'll be like the guy at a Greratfull Dead show " I NEED A MIRICLE" :S

More like a taste of BS! Thanks for the Help Jason, I'm gonna call up and get mine changed.

D

Just got off the phone with Quality Inn to change from the "package deal" initially forced upon me to just the 2 nights (after reading Jasons post regarding speaking to the manager..thanks Jason). Reservations person STILL insisted that the package deal was still the only choice unless I wanted to be placed on a waiting list...uuggghhh. After references to Jasons phone call to the manager and a few choice comments, she finally changed my reservation to just the 2 nights for $300....fifty bucks is fifty bucks...be persistent...

I called the Quality Inn after they forced my fiance' this morning to take the package. I left a nice message on the manager Richard's voice mail explaining the situation and he called me back within an hour and told me that it would be changed.... some sort of miscommunication this morning he said.
Anyway, last year I didn't sign up for the 'taste of bs' and was sucked into it when I checked in. They explaind that it was part of the cost of the room and didn't say it was extra $$. So they handed me the t-shirts and coupons for the meal and that was that. Later when I checked out and questioned the charges they said the 'taste' was extra. I told them I was not informed of it and they said tough luck, you ate the dinner (which sucked). So you live and learn I guess. If they try to hand me a t-shirt this year I'll know something is up.
By the way Richard's extension is 701, if you want to get a response. He was actually a nice guy and handled the problem quckly.

Tried the Holiday Inn but was hung up on numerous times. You would think they could hire 2 more people for an hour to handle the calls.