skajdajver

Beginners course in Norway?

Hi

I´m a swedish skydiver interested in a BASE beginners course.
How many are there in Norway and are they any good?
The one at Kjerweg is more of a site specific course as I understand it. Not a beginners course.
Are there any other courses in Norway?

Off all things to believe in - why not yourself

As you live in a mekka for BASEjumpers you should head out at your local dz and speak to them.. i can tell that there more than serval good Swedich BASEjumpers arround;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

The FJC in Kjerag is very good, but it is as you say site spesific. How ever it is a great introduction to the sport, and you do learn a lot which is applicable at other sites. Regardless, it is essential to find a mentor! The season is about to end in Lysebotn, but check out www.basekjerag.com for further details. If you're quick you might be able to squeeze in on one of the last classes this year... This is the only course offered in Norway.

As Faber says there are heaps of great Swedish BASE jumpers around so there might be some one willing to take you under the wings.

Please read Tom A's Getting into BASE and do find a local mentor. PM me (in Swedish)if you have any questions about jumping in Norway:)

CJ=)

I was on the FJC at kjerag 2 month ago. I am very impressed about the quality of the course. There is very skilled instructors up there. 1500 nkr might seem as a lot of money for the course. But the instructors keep going with you until you are safe enough to jump on your own. I made a slider down jump just after i got home and i had no doubt about anything because the instruction i has at Kjerag. I can only recommend the course.

Bo
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Hey Bo
Your up for some fliking 2.nd weekend of sept?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I also took the course this summer, and I can only recommend it. During the course you will get site-specific information and practise exits in the world famous pendulator. (it will be practised untill you get it right) :)Before going to course, I would also recommend practising tracking alot and if you have a possibility to experience exit in to "dead air" (from a balloon for example) you should also do a couple of those.

Have fun and Be Safe!

Life is smiling, so why wouldn't I? :)

site-specific information

from what I saw (a friend of mine did the course whilst we were there) - its not as complete as other FJC courses which are geared toward the objects you will normally jump.

Or has this changed in the past few years? Is the Norway FJC more complete nowadays?

When you say it is not as complete, what exactly does it 'miss out' as such?
Sorry I know this post is about two years old :)

When you say it is not as complete, what exactly does it 'miss out' as such?
Sorry I know this post is about two years old :)

I wrote this regarding the course to UK BASE board :

"Also to be noted about the FJC you posted the link for is that (at least 3 years ago) the course was not a thorough FJC covering all areas of BASE but more a first jump course on jumping in that specific site. During that course I learnt absolutely nothing about jumping low stuff or different types of objects, the course covered only terminal big wall first jumps. So if you have taken FJC there it is absolutely required to find somebody who will teach you the basics for low stuff before you even think about heading to your local objects. With those points taken, the course can highly be recommended though. At that time when I was there Douggs was running things but now Elin has taken over the training. They both are highly motivated in teaching new jumpers and are very good and very strict in their teaching and also overall really cool people (as everyone in SBK is). Also the exit simulator, the pendulator, is absolutely a must before making your first jump. "

Hope it helps
http://www.ufufreefly.com