mina

My boyfriend will not let me BASE :(

FYI,
Mina is living with me.

Oh, that changes everything!! You need at least 45 skydives to do your first BASE jump, then another 14 BASE jumps to perform aerials ... unless you're a gymnast ... then you only need 7 more.

It's pretty easy. There are lots of challenging objects in your area. Get a map from 460.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

does that mean we will see the pics then:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Nice, I like that. Makes sense.

and what about instead of "Just because I slept with you last night doesn't mean I'll jump with you in the morning." ---- "Just because I jumped with you today, doesn't mean I'll sleep with you tonight."

I had (still have?? up in the air at the moment) a skydiving and BASE jumping bf. Trust me, if we want space at the DZ, we can have it...Not only because he's a tandem master and I train on a 4 way team, so we can both be pretty busy during the day, but because the DZ we jump at is so big. Dating a skydiver has its pros and cons like anything else, its really comes down more to what badenhop said. When you find someone you really love, priorities can and do change...

Anyway, my BASE jumping boy has no problem with my desire to BASE, we talked and agreeded that he wouldn't be the one to teach me, but he would support me if that's what I wanted to do as long as I understood the risks and did the homework and that I wasn't doing it because he did, that I was doing it for me. Make sure you want to BASE for you, and do your homework.

does that mean we will see the pics then

Well now that the cat's out of the bag, I'll vouch for her when she says she's a hottie. B|

*waves to mina*

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Your words have more power and beauty than you might know. I've found much comfort reading your post tonight. It's like you really found the right path. How lucky for your companion. To hear those words from a man who stands up and states it so clearly gives me hope. I needed that.

Stay safe and stay inspired.

Hi Mina,
It is all abouz control. Iffin you are into Dominant/submissive then I really think you should go for it just so you can show who´s boss or at least contest it. But please don´t try this at home. IMHO your lover should be doing everything to help you acheive your dreams and you him.
take care,
space

Be mindful that if BASE is truly your passion, you will find a way to make it happen - on your own if need be. Your boyfriend’s experience teaches him to be cautious, and he must care about you a lot. If BASE is something you want to do to be closer to your bf, it has to be something that he is willing to share with you. Is he willing to include you? I suggest go on as many jumps as possible and do ground crew. Listen and ask questions to those who have a lot of experience in the sport. Watch and study as much footage as you can. Learn how to skydive and get some experience with canopy control. Learn about malfunctions and what to do. Read as much as you can to learn about the technical side of it. All of these things will help build your confidence. This is just some of the advice that others have told me. There are a lot of different opinions in the BASE community about what a person should do before they do their first BASE jump. Learn from the best and shy away from the ones who are in it for their ego. The most experienced BASE jumpers have died living their passion. That is the risk that you take. Take it seriously.

Stay safe and stay inspired.