Jasper

1st Base

I was hoping anyone could provide me with info on organising a base jump. Is the best way to avoid angry police to notify them first? What is the general penalty for the jump.. how to organise the boat.. etc.. etc..? Where are the guys who have thrown themselves off this piece of concrete?!;)

edit for site name ~TA

Read the link above that says "Before you Post!"

It will tell you why site naming is prohibited here, and why your thread/post will be deleted if you name a site.

Please refrain from naming sites online in the future.

edit for site name in post title

Well after you jump be sure to grab the "yonkles" and "shlare" the canopy.

edit for site name in post title
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

don't you mean shlare the tarp ???

It is shlare the tarp, but he makes a mistake and calls it a canopy

... canopy.. ha....
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

wasnt that bridge like jumped sometime around 1980 ?
before 84 thats for sure.

I thought they were dongles? ...after all this time. I am so embarrassed :S

edit for site name in post title ~TA

Good poach - I'm biting. Since you are being funny, I am going to try being funny too. ;)

Go see your DZ CI at Tooradin - RP. Ask him to put you onto a BASE instructor that he knows well (that may end up being me). When you ask me that same question, I'll slap you and take minimal interest. The fact that you even asked this question on the BASE forum proves several things:
- you have not bothered to talk to ANYONE at your local DZ.
- you have not bothered to punch in the title of your post on any of the internet search forums (you would have got lots of pages in response).
- you are lazy and have poor communication skills. Not good attributes for someone who want to learn about a sport like BASE jumping.
- you are poaching for a response. You've gotta be. If you are not, you are a mutant that is immune to the chemicals we are trying to put into the gene pool to cleanse it of . . . . . . . . . aaahhh I give up.

<<<>>>

Site naming is all over every BASE forum in the world. This is bad etiquette. You obviously have not bothered to read anything about ethics, or BASE, etc.

<<<>>>>

Yeah. Hello Mr Policeman. I want to tresspass onto a public structure. Hope you don't mind. I don't want to actually gain approval via appropriate channels but I thought I'd just tell you anyway. BTW, I'll do it around 10am if that is OK with you. Shouldn't be too much traffic then. What do you think? Whilst I am at it, I want to rob a 7-11 and shoot someone. Hope this clears it all up for you. You've been a great listener. :D

<<<>>>

Penalty - well, since you have already sorted it out with the Police, there should be no penalty. ;) A boat, now you are starting to think. Excellent. You have restored some of my faith in humanity.

<<<>>>

I suspect that the Aussie guys you are looking for are in the same city. That is usually a good place to start. If you can't find them, they are probably trying there hardest to keep away from you.

How did I do? Was I funny? Did you get the sensitive response you were hoping for? Or did I fail miserably?

Instead of only a touch of study (as your profile states), I suggest you add a few more touches. People who put in no effort, do not get anywhere in life. BASE jumpers who put in no effort, often end up injured/dead. And they certainly ostracise themselves from the majority of the jumping community.

I am not sorry for being harsh. You are not even trying. Actually, you are very trying. This is a reality check that you need.

If you are trying to be funny, then I have a similar response. You need to work on your delivery. Your technique is very floored, your timing is abysmal, you need to spend more time practising before trying to make jokes. Effort, practise, study the masters, you will get nowhere with no effort.

If your sole intent was to get a response, then congratulations. You have acheived your objectives. I commend you on setting goals and achieving them. I have no idea what benefit you may derive from this, but . . . . .

p.s. go to this site, basejump.org, blincmagazine.com etc and check out the prerequisites.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Good Luck

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

oh he meant his first jump off the bridge I thought he meant "the first jump"

That's how it sounded to me.

One of the ABA video's has some great footage of some early jumps off that landmark. And from my ever diminishing memory, it was the first object jumped in this wonderful continent.

:)

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Sorry dudes, new to this website.. will not post names etc.. Have got in contact will relevant people. Blue Skies

Excellent. I take almost everything I said back now.

All the best of luck to you with your jumping ambitions.

www.basejump.org