riggersam

Potato Bridge - Labor Day

I'll try to be there :)
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Do both. Do the first jump PCA but put a dummy pilot chute into your BOC. If you can get a nice clean pitch and good separation from the chair then think about doing a freefall jump.

It's more of the fact that it may be hard to put a rig on while sitting in the chair. The rig comes down far enough on my back that it might interfere with the backrest of the chair. I've asked the guy to make the backrest really low so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Hi Russel,

Simply move your BOC to your right riser cover, sort of like the reserve PC on a Sorcerer. That would position it perfectly for your pitch. If you need help building it let me know. I'm far away but would be glad to help out if you can't get somone else to do the mod.

Have fun.

Simply move your BOC to your right riser cover, sort of like the reserve PC on a Sorcerer.

Ooooh. Good idea. I've even got a Sorcerer in the gear box we can use for that.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Simply move your BOC to your right riser cover, sort of like the reserve PC on a Sorcerer.

I've never heard of this! That just might work.

Don't tear up a perfectly good Sorcerer. :P I can make you a BOC pouch in 10 minutes, and you can sew it on in another 10. Just figure out the dimensions you want.

Simply move your BOC to your right riser cover,

Does this setup have potential in general? Instead of putting at the bottom of the container, you reach up both hands towards your shoulders (to stay symmetrical), grab the pilotchute, and pull it out up and above your head. This would reduce the chances of the pilotchute oscillating from left to right, reducing chances of offheadings.

There are probably huge changes in the burble dynamics with this change. Also, wingsuiters couldn't use it. Plus, if it was a good idea, skydivers would have used it already.

Plus, if it was a good idea, skydivers would have used it already.

Lo those not so many years ago, someone probably said the same about going from ROL to BOC.

Edited to add: Why not PM Booth and ask him?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Lo those not so many years ago, someone probably said the same about going from ROL to BOC.

Yeah. I hear ya. If nobody else comes up with showstoppers, maybe I'll modify my skydiving rig and play around.

Pretty sure I'll be there mid-Thursday through Monday evening.

Looking forward to a weekend of non-stop silliness. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I would say that it does not have a general use application. On anything over a few seconds in is in direct contact with the relative wind, and on anything over a few seconds most people pull in a track. Also, it would not work for those doing aerials and pulling mid rotation, and as you mentioned in would not work for wingsuits.

When I read what Russell was wanting to do it come to mind becasue A. It would be easy to pull from a seated position. and B. It would eliminate worrying about a bridle and PC clearing the arm and back of the chair.

BOC is proven and is in the right location for most applications. The ones where BOC isn't right, handheld usually takes over. This is just a very specific need that has a unigue (yet already designed) solution.

Cya

Plus, if it was a good idea, skydivers would have used it already.

------------------------------------------------------------
Jaap, in the early 80's some of the CReW dogs used
containers rigged with the pouch mounted on the right shoulder of the harness. As Tree said "On anything over a few seconds in is in direct contact with the relative wind,"... Being CRW, those guys were dumping a second or two out the door.

yea i'm headed out to the bridge for labor day. then heading to nevada to hit an "a" on monday. anyone want to go ?

=-e

Dont die!

yea i'm headed out to the bridge for labor day. then heading to nevada to hit an "a" on monday. anyone want to go ?

=-e

you actually plan on HITTING it ? Make sure you get video ...

" Plus, if it was a good idea, skydivers would have used it already."

Hey Jaap

I think you'll find skydivers have used it already. I believe there is (was?) an Australian skydiver/rigger called Barry Lewis who designed a rig with the PC deployment pouch on the right shoulder. I remember it being featured in Sport Parachutist Magazine many years ago. I've got a feeling it may even have been the reserve deployment system!:o

On anything over a few seconds in is in direct contact with the relative wind

I'm not necessarily worried about the burble with the current system. If anything, I brought up the burble because it might be worse once you throw from the shoulder.

The potential advantage that I see is that pilot-chute oscillation is now going to be introduced from front to back instead of right to left. This is a much nicer oscillation to have as far as heading performance goes.

The potential advantage that I see is that pilot-chute oscillation is now going to be introduced from front to back instead of right to left.

While most of the PC orbiting that I've seen starts as left to right, it's usually been pretty much circular (i.e. a strong front/back component as well).

I've seen very few cases of a purely linear orbit.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Arriving SLC at 8:30 AM on Friday

Leaving SLC 8:30 AM on Monday

Anybody else have a spare seat around those times? Will chip in for gas/etc

--
Hook high, flare on time

I'm broke from the WFFC, but we did flick a couple of A's there so it was worth it. Videos, stills, and stories later on that.

you actually plan on HITTING it ? Make sure you get video ...

i'll hit it and get video and "up" it for ya.

Dont die!