riggersam

Potato Bridge - Labor Day

Who is going?

I plan to arrive Friday mid-afternoon and leave Tuesday late-morning.

Mark

I'm arriving into TWF airport late Thursday night and leaving Monday evening.

I have work... bummer... I can't take the weekend off either. Something about, "Blah blah... you were just off for three weeks... blah blah.... BASE trip.... blah blah....";)

Maybe I'll be out there the weekend after that.

I have work... bummer...

Dude, you're going to miss the wheelchair jump!?! Definite bummer!!

wheelchair jump

WHAT!?

I didn't tell you about this?

I'm planning on doing a jump while sitting in my chair. I'd like to be able to go stowed and take a VERY short delay but we'll see if that's possible. It might just end up being a PCA. Still it'll be fun.

The thought right now is to have the chair fall away after opening. Then I'll d-bag a little cargo round off my ass (really my legs straps) just for the chair.

Just thinking about it is making me laugh at how silly this will be.

wheelchair jump

WHAT!?

I didn't tell you about this?

I'm planning on doing a jump while sitting in my chair. I'd like to be able to go stowed and take a VERY short delay but we'll see if that's possible. It might just end up being a PCA. Still it'll be fun.

The thought right now is to have the chair fall away after opening. Then I'll d-bag a little cargo round off my ass (really my legs straps) just for the chair.

Just thinking about it is making me laugh at how silly this will be.

I'll be there to record this.......

Cya
Andre.

Dang, I didn't have plans to go due to the airfare increases, but this just be be worth the extra couple hundred bucks...

Jalisco, wadda ya say?

Ganja

Oh dude, That's going to be hilarious! Are you going to use the platform and just kinda roll off? How are you planning on doing that?

Are you going to use the platform and just kinda roll off?

Yup, just like I go off curbs. I do a wheelie onto the back wheels. This keeps the front from going down first when going over the curb. I think the scary part will be when I'm in a wheelie, balancing on the rear wheels, with the fronts wheels over the edge, hanging there for a few seconds while I muster up the courage to go.

I've tried this exit off a 2 foot drop into a pool and I stay in a vertical position. That in and of itself is some funny video that I have.

One problem is being able to get to the BOC while sitting in the chair. Hence the PCA possibility.

A friend decided to have a wedding Sept 4th ....

So I am flying into BOI 5th 1PM and flying back home 12th 2PM ..

cya there, fuckers. That is if I am not going to be too hung over from the wedding :)

aw geez russell you're scarin me...definitely go PCA. i'll be there friday, but i gotta head home saturday a.m...familial obligations...[:/]

just outta curiosity, i know how much zoe's wheelchair cost...are you gonna be able to retrieve yours?

i know how much zoe's wheelchair cost...are you gonna be able to retrieve yours?

Colours (a wheelchair manufacturer) has graciously given me a chair for free to use for the jump. I told them I'd give it back if it survived.

Colours (a wheelchair manufacturer) has graciously given me a chair for free to use for the jump.

sponsorship?

DON'T.
next thing you know, the bridge will be one giant traffic jam. all Colours customers will want in on the fun...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Colours (a wheelchair manufacturer) has graciously given me a chair for free to use for the jump. I told them I'd give it back if it survived.

that is too cool. so what do you provide in exchange? the whole concept would make for a sic ad campaign...especially if it survives.

so what do you provide in exchange?

It's not really a sponsorship. The owner of the company is in a chair himself. I've met him a few times over the years. I recently ordered a new chair through them and that's when I hit him up. He likes to see people in chairs do fun and exciting things so when I asked if he would let me borrow a chair that might not get returned he was more than willing. He used an old frame they had laying around that was my size and proceeded to customize the rest just for me. He really went out of his way. He's not expecting anything in return but I'm sure he wouldn't mind some pictures published somewhere.

Pfff, bullshit. They just want you to do stupid shit and promote their business in the process.

And for those that don't see the clicky, insert a huge ;) here and realize that nobody would play Fifa 2005 if it wasn't for that particular drink.

Awesome plan Russel. I'll do my best to be there! I think you should spice it up a little and jump with a Sabre 170 instead of a proper BASE canopy. :P

One problem is being able to get to the BOC while sitting in the chair. Hence the PCA possibility.

Do both. Do the first jump PCA but put a dummy pilot chute into your BOC. If you can get a nice clean pitch and good separation from the chair then think about doing a freefall jump.

Do you think you'll fall clear of the chair after you exit? I imagine unless you push the chair away, you might stay in it for a while after you exit.

Damn work... damn work...[:/]

Getting into SLC on evening of the 30th. Returning on Tuesday morning. Any carpoolers?

Haven't decided if I'm going to camp out or do a hotel. Cheap is good, but so is a real shower.

Any camping out there, besides the KOA?

Colm

pBASEtode:
..."I think the scary part will be when I'm in a wheelie, balancing on the rear wheels, with the fronts wheels over the edge, hanging there for a few seconds while I muster up the courage to go."
I was Wondering.
Can you also wear a pair of Water Skis and a Red Bull Helmet while sitting in the chair when you exit ?

I was Wondering.
Can you also wear a pair of Water Skis and a Red Bull Helmet while sitting in the chair when you exit ?

Naa mate, you gotta be 'World Famous' to be able to do thatB|

Actually, you bring up an interesting point. I recall it being a big issue when Miles jumped with the waterskis. Can anybody clarify why this was a big deal and why it's going to be okay to take a wheelchair from the bridge?

Unless I'm overlooking something, I am very supportive of a wheelchair stunts. At the same time, I also thought that from a purely having-fun point of view, the waterski jumps were okay. So I'm curious what the problem was with the waterski jumps.

Edit: apparently it was JT and not Miles who jumped the waterskis.

Oh dude, That's going to be hilarious! Are you going to use the platform and just kinda roll off? How are you planning on doing that?

I say fuck'em all go from the rail;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Actually, you bring up an interesting point. I recall it being a big issue when Miles jumped with the waterskis. Can anybody clarify why this was a big deal and why it's going to be okay to take a wheelchair from the bridge?

Because there will be a recovery parachute on the wheelchair, which will prevent it from posing a hazard to people in the popular boating area below.

Oh, and as I recall it was JT, not Miles, who did the waterski jumps. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

and as I recall it was JT, not Miles, who did the waterski jumps.

Oops, my bad.