JerseyShawn

Retain more of what you learn jumping.....

So for now I can afford about 8 jumps a month, a bit less than $400 using/renting a student rig, some bucks more for me getting some coaches in there.

Out of your own personal experience, would you learn more jumping (say you have only 8 jumps money) over a two day period, then wait a month to jump again? (I know my 30 day currency limit)

Or would doing 2 jumps every week prove to be better for
learning? (Maybe a jump or coach less due to tolls and petro)

No more rentals for me at the end of August:D, then I plan on camping my DZ for two weekends a month and jumping like a mo fo. Until then, what would you do?

I would do one day of 4 jumps every other week. You learn the most when you do several jumps a day, but you also want to stay current. This seems like the best balance and most efficient use of time. plus sometimes you can get a deal renting the rig for the whole day vs. per jump.

I would do one day of 4 jumps every other week. You learn the most when you do several jumps a day, but you also want to stay current. This seems like the best balance and most efficient use of time. plus sometimes you can get a deal renting the rig for the whole day vs. per jump.

Ditto

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Also you will find that you will be mentally and physically tired after a few jumps per day. You will lose the ability to learn as much like this.

Also dont try and leave it to the last weekend before your currancy runs out. What happens if its too windy/cloudy for you to jump?)

Ditto

yup

and when you can pump up to a few more in succession. Currency is not just about jumping regularly, but also jumping often in a short time.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Others have given you great responses, but also consider spending time at the DZ to "absorb" and learn via osmosis. Unknown opportunities may present themselves as well.

And...if folks see you're trying even though budget is a restriction, I suspect you'll find folks very willing to provide you with useful information for the airtime you *do* get.

I would do one day of 4 jumps every other week.

+1.

Then - still, hang around the DZ/stay overnight/do the bonfire/social aspects of an entire weekend as well. Also - Does your DZ rent you the gear strictly "by the jump", or, is it possible for you/them to provide a flat, per-day package? Then - how about if YOU are packing it, rather than DZ packers (often, gear rental fees INCLUDE the re-pack) - negotiating a gear rental fee on a per-day, rather than per-jump, and with you yourself repacking it between jumps can also make a meaningful financial consideration difference to you as well.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Maybe Ill meet someone similar in size that will let me rent an extra rig they might have.

All depends upon what Drop Zone(s) you frequent. But then again, with your location being so far out in the ocean there, I suppose that's gotta be pretty tough on you too! :P
coitus non circum - Moab Stone