Seven7

I will miss you Darcy you Greek Bastard

F U ( K !
Seven told me about Darcy today.
My deepest thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Darcy was a funny Bastard, that little kick his right leg used to do when he jumped .I so enjoyed jumping with him he was such a character.
I remember the 1st time I met him it was in 1999.Our 1st overseas trip.I broke my leg on the 3rd day of the trip in France but we kept going with the trip, Arco , Switzerland , Amsterdam then to Norway .Even though I couldn’t jump I had a ball .I met so many cool people ,watched and filmed the 24way.
But I was couped up in Lysebotn so I gathered money off people, copped a lift back with some Norgies in there car with a backpack and my crutches off to Stavangar to go shopping for food at the supermarket.
Loaded up with food and hobbled to make the Ferry. Now I had only been to the ferry terminal once before and we had caught a taxi there so I was hopping along to all the different ferry terminals with my backpack full.I knew what the ferry looked like but couldn’t find it.
Then this guy yelled out something to me. I heard an Aussie accent. He drove into a parking lot and I crossed the road. He pulled up next to me and asked if I was a basejumper .I said yes. It was good to hear an Aussie voice as I was getting pissed off because I couldn’t find the ferry.
Darcy informed me that yes the ferry leaves in the morning to Lysebotn ,comes back only half way then back to Lysebotn then back to Stavangar .He told me I could get a bus then change to another bus and meet the ferry but the bus didn’t leave for about 4 1/2 hrs.
So I jumped in his car back to his place that he was sharing with his Norgie girlfriend at the time and we talked.
Aussie base is tight but I had never met him because he is from South Australia.
We ate, chilled and watched some base vids .
He was very cool. He then Drove me to the bus terminal , grabbed me a ticket then off I went and he came up later that week on his bike.
Then over 2000 , 2001 ,2002, 2004 he became a very good mate ,one of the people I looked forward to seeing every year in Norway.
Plus He really loved my coffee and he didn’t laugh when I got an espresso machine delivered to Lysebotn .He came over to the cabin, talked to Seven and I while I put it together and I made 7 and Darcy and myself a cappuccino .We sat out on the balcony looking at that beautiful view ,Smellvegen down to Kjerag,laughing and talking smiling.F u ( k I’m going to miss him!

Bsbd Feral

Nice to hear from you Feral!

I was just at the staff apt. making coffees the other night, and it just seemed wrong not having Darcy in there in the kitchen with me as I made them Feral style... 1\3 espresso, 1\3 steamed milk, 1\3 froth, and one sugar. Your coffee machine is fine even though I had trouble with the steamer the next day...maybe didn't heat it up long enough...

Darcy would be happy to read your post, but he would correct you on one thing...it's DIRTY GREEK B@ASTARD...

Love and peace,
K

PS hope you're hanging ok, everyone misses you over here.