TomAiello

How Many Different Objects Have You Jumped?

I'd also be curious if folks want to volunteer their total number of jumps along with total number of objects.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ha, funny that. I just crafted up a similar post earlier today but decided not to post it after all.

I would really like to see ratios. Number of jumps versus number of objects versus number of objects opened.

57 jumps (30ish potato), 12 objects, 5 opened by myself. B|

Edited to add a momentary lapse of honesty; 3 jumps on which I relied on an above average amount of luck, went beyond what my skillset at that time should have allowed, and in hindsight realized I had stepped beyond my risk-comfort level. Granted, that's just from my point of view. There are others that see my luck-jump number in the high fifties.

44 jumps, 10 objects (3S, 1B, 6E), none opened by my-self (no brag...I'm only a base-baby) and my favourites are "E"s!

5 objects in 20 jumps.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Hmmm. Interesting.

If you are one of the folks who responded "201+", I'd love to hear from you. Can you at least PM me, if you don't want to respond in the thread?

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Can I play, too?

2 jumps - both A's

:)
Next, my B (running to Tom beggin for this one) ;)

190 jumps, 28 objects.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

45 jumps, 5 objects. One opened for a friend - he scouted it, I jumped it. :)

42 objects, almost all in my immediate area.

I had one student years ago who made his first 10 jumps from 10 different objects!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

77 jumps, 4 objects, 1 strike, 1 arrest, 1 sprained ankle, 1 sprained wrist. I must be pretty lucky, eh?

B - 0
A - 1
S - 31
E - 45

Slider-up - 0
Legal - 76

I don't get around much.

Lou

For what it's worth, I didn't even get the jump on the arrest. Remember the "never go to jail with a packed rig" saying? Well, I don't think it really sinks in until you've gone to jail with a packed rig.

So really, it's two non-legal attempts, one successful.

(And the object strike was pretty minor, though could have been catastrophic. The canopy hit the wall, ripped a hole in it, but my body never made contact.)

around 25 objects 104 jumps. I don't have my log book around to count them all.

As of Saturday, 23 July 2005:

Type Jumps Number of
From Objects
B 3 3
A 65 7
S 66 3
E 5 3
O 3 2

total 142 18

slider off jumps: around 120
slider up jumps: around 22

longest delay taken: just over 5 seconds

the really interesting thing is that my most recent 2 jumps have both been from underhung objects (350ft freestanding A and a 330ft freestanding Power Pylon) and both times I had 180s… :S

other than some slider up 180s off the TBPB during my first 63 jumps, these are the first true 180s I’ve had and they had to happen on the most challenging objects that I jump… :S

Don’t think I would’ve dealt with them all this well 100 jumps ago… :o

just something to consider when you're out there rolling those dice... ;)

cya
sam

soon to be gone

I'd also be curious if folks want to volunteer their total number of jumps along with total number of objects.

Wait a second... first we've got to define what is a different object ;) Then we've got to define what is a BASE jump. Just had this discussion with Aussies in Switzerland after jumping a less common exit in a valley, and i wish you luck!

We ended up concluding that a base jump is not a base jump and stopped right there :P

I think i did 160some object and 1090some jump today, by a relatively conservative definition.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Up today, I have done 170 jumps off 41 different objects, of which 41 objects I opened myself 8 and actually few weeks ago I closed the word B.A.S.E. of objects opened by the good myself :ph34r: (I opened (in order): 1 S, 5 A's, 1 E and 1 B)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

12 jumps, 2 Objects (S)

Hey, me too exactly! ;) Although that should change a bit this weekend!

B-5 (2 different objects, opened both solo)
A-90 (9 different objects, from 250'-1700', maybe 1/2'ish solo)
S-2 (BD'02) 1 object
E-5 (TB'04) 4 exit points

102 total. No broken bones, and record still clean. (Knocking on wood) Have quit jumping 3 times.

I guess it took 2.5 years to complete, in the order of S.A.B.E

Tom, care to share yours?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

1 building (1 jump), 4 antennas (8 jumps), 6 spans (50 jumps), 5 earth (29 jumps), 5 other (5 jumps) in 93 jumps total. Two unique exit points on a couple of those E's.