Skin

Once more without the bull$hit...thi$ i$ important...

Let's try this discussion again:

Overall Question:
Is the ABP the most effectual entity to support in pursuing the goal of access to public lands?

Issue: The ABP has reorganized and declared itself a top-down organization, in which the dictates of the leadership will determine policy without reference to the membership.

How will this effect efforts for access?
Will the ABP be more effective as a smaller group that rejects volunteers?
Will ABP fundraising be reduced as a result of the organizations policy of non-responsiveness to member input?
Will people give money to the organization knowing that they will never be allowed input into how that money is used?
How effective will efforts for access be without group funding?

Issue: The ABP seems unable to overcome the personality issues of it's founder.

Will this eventually scare off every person who has put time and energy into the organization?

Issue: The ABP has offered to refund money to those who donated.

Will people actually try to get their money back?
If they do, will it actually be returned?
Could this potentially return the organization to operating out of the personal funds of the leadership (bearing in mind that many operating costs were born by a member who has been ejected)?

Issue: Is there any alternative to the ABP?

Can some kind of group protest activity evolve into a greater movement?
Will Abbie actually become the savior of BASE on public lands ()?
If another organization were formed with similar goals but a different structure, would it be more effective?
Would an alternate organization split the energy of the BASE community, or improve efforts for access?
Is there really any problem with splitting things, since the ABP has stated that it does not wish to represent or respond to the BASE community?
Are people just too tired of all this to get involved in a different organization?

Thoughts, anyone?
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

Let's try this discussion again:

Overall Question:
Is the ABP the most effectual entity to support in pursuing the goal of access to public lands?

Issue: The ABP has reorganized and declared itself a top-down organization, in which the dictates of the leadership will determine policy without reference to the membership.

How will this effect efforts for access?
Will the ABP be more effective as a smaller group that rejects volunteers?
Will ABP fundraising be reduced as a result of the organizations policy of non-responsiveness to member input?
Will people give money to the organization knowing that they will never be allowed input into how that money is used?
How effective will efforts for access be without group funding?

Issue: The ABP seems unable to overcome the personality issues of it's founder.

Will this eventually scare off every person who has put time and energy into the organization?

Issue: The ABP has offered to refund money to those who donated.

Will people actually try to get their money back?
If they do, will it actually be returned?
Could this potentially return the organization to operating out of the personal funds of the leadership (bearing in mind that many operating costs were born by a member who has been ejected)?

Issue: Is there any alternative to the ABP?

Can some kind of group protest activity evolve into a greater movement?
Will Abbie actually become the savior of BASE on public lands ()?
If another organization were formed with similar goals but a different structure, would it be more effective?
Would an alternate organization split the energy of the BASE community, or improve efforts for access?
Is there really any problem with splitting things, since the ABP has stated that it does not wish to represent or respond to the BASE community?
Are people just too tired of all this to get involved in a different organization?

Thoughts, anyone?

Robin Heid,Robin Heid, Robin Heid. Oops sorry wrong thread

Kev,

I know you're old and crusty so instead of threatening you...I'm gonna bring a bunch of singles down to the Bent Prop and we can arrange a break dance fight in a suitable place in Tempe. That'll give you at least a fighting chance.:P

Fat men shouldn't BASE jump...n'ther should you.

;)

Edited to change neither in case RLK hits spellcheck.
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

Who are the judges going to be? Is this going to be a sanctioned event? Sounds kinda dicey to me.

Kev,

I know you're old and crusty so instead of threatening you...I'm gonna bring a bunch of singles down to the Bent Prop and we can arrange a break dance fight in a suitable place in Tempe. That'll give you at least a fighting chance.:P

Fat men shouldn't BASE jump...n'ther should you.

;)

Fat? Ha. I've been slimming down in order to fit into this super sexy two piece. Wait till you see it. It's simply to die for

Uh...$kin? You...um...spelled your username wrong, sweetheart. :S

rl

P.S. So how about that hangover this mornin'? :P
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb