Skinflicka

Challenge: Try not to say Robin Heid...

Ha.

I don't need to write posts to get my opinions voiced anymore. I just poke the appropriate jumper and they do it for me.

Nice point, well made Ray. I loved the passion.

See that...that's how you get things done, people. Passion. Not politics and posturing. Passion. Who cares if you go to jail for it. Just don't get caught.

;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

also :
Duuuuuuuuuuude what did you do.???
Your Trade Mark pic. / boy in a plastic hood, sucking on a plastic straw ?????

You tell 'im, Ray. Bastard wouldn't listen to me--and I begged. Maybe he'll listen to you.

But don't count on it.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Should BASE be legal...ever? I contend that it should not. I suggest that it's akin to making heroin legal.

Okay, m'love, I'll go with your analogy. Sort of.

Buildings and antennas will never be wholesale "legal" although it may be possible (not very likely, but possible) to convince individual property owners to disregard that teensy-weensy problem of near-infinite liability.

But earth and span are potentially the methadone clinics of the free base world.

Question: How many of you outlaw types actually eschew legal sites when they're readily available?

The fight for access seems reasonable, and even prudent, considering the high cost of getting caught. If we calculate the fines assessed over the years--not to mention the jail time assessed to the undeserving, and worst of all, the loss of Frank's bright light in the world--it seems well worth making the effort to secure sites that will prevent similar incidents for those who elect to do their jumping without all that running.

And for those who prefer heroin to its putatively (but not really) less addictive cousin, there will always be a building under construction or a tower to climb.

No one says you can't do both.

It would be nice if both sides could just accept the difference in philosophy and support each other.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

But hey, go ahead, keep fighting with each other. It's worked okay for the last 20 years, so maybe you'll be good for 20 more.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

You hypocrite.

You cry about how it ain't the sixties anymore and then blurt out "Why can't we all just get along".

Those who sit on the fence can expect to get split up the a$$.

Pick a side missy. You can't have it all ways.

I guess you're still cranky cus you're...etc.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

You hypocrit.

You cry about how it ain't the sixties anymore and then blurt out "Why can't we all just get along".

Those who sit on the fence can expect to get split up the a$$.

Pick a side missy. You can't have it all ways.

I guess you're still cranky cus you're...etc.

I don't care if you corrected it, you cheater, you still spelled "hypocrite" wrong. And the quote marks go after the period--speaking of which, that was last week. Pay attention.

Furthermore, Rodney "why can't we all get along" King was not the 60s, but the 90s, and if I have to be your fact checker as well as your editor, I expect a substantial raise and a glowing performance review.

I have picked a side. It's just not the side you happen to be on, o lawless one. Nor is it what you consider "the other side." My side is this: I see a lot of benefit in certain sites being legal, but I think the more important issue is that you make a unified decision and take the appropriate action to implement that decision, whatever the decision and action turn out to be. I don't care if you get along, do it anyway.

From where I sit, it looks pretty aimless. Forget the "herding cats" analogy. It's more like sheep headed for the chute.

rl

P.S. If I'm to be split up the ass, it will not be from sitting on a fence. :S

Furthermore, Rodney "why can't we all get along" King

And here all along I thought he said, "Why can't we all just get a lawn".

Furthermore, Rodney "why can't we all get along" King

And here all along I thought he said, "Why can't we all just get a lawn".

I thought Rodney King was the one who said "Why can't we all get kicked to fuck by the pigs".

Incidentally, since RLK was being a smartass...I thought I'd point out that his name isn't Rodney...It's Glen.

Also, he's really white but was wearing boot polish to disuise himself. One of those facts is not true.

;)
$kin.

Incidentally, since RLK was being a smartass...

Incidentally, I have no corner on the smartass market, Dr. Jekyll. :S

I thought I'd point out that his name isn't Rodney...It's Glen.

Duly noted for the very next time we have an in-depth discussion about which decade we're in.

Also, he's really white but was wearing boot polish to disuise himself. One of those facts is not true.

;)

[:/]

True fact: you spelled "disguise" wrong. :P

rl

BASE will never be 100% legal. No matter what progress is made with public lands, it will always remain illegal to trespass or force entry onto someone else's property. You will always have to work for those jumps. The james bond shit will never die.

As far as public lands goes, there should be no rule explicitly banning this sport.

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

As far as public lands goes, there should be no rule explicitly banning this sport.

Yes there should.
$kin.

Yes there should.
$kin.

no there shouldn't be.... what?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

If you want to grow up and be a lawyer, Abbie, you need to be more precise. There isn't a rule explicitly banning this sport--the NPS management policy flows from 36 CFR 2.17, but it's only a policy--and a badly written one, at that. If you can figure out a way to make a jump without using a parachute to save your life, you're all good.

I would also note that a good administrative lawyer ought to be able to pick both the regulation and the policy to pieces.

I have managed (it didn't take much) to interest my employer (biographical information on request) in the problem. He has a long history of involving himself in "causes," particularly when the issues are not especially straightforward and no one else wants to touch them. He has 50 years experience, but age has not damped his spirit.

All I have to do is get my caseload down to a managable level, and we'll have time to discuss it in detail.

Anyone who would like to provide substantive fodder for his review is welcome to send it on.

Oh, what the hell...

rl

You heard the lady...

Send all your irrelevunt (spelt rong diliberaytly) shit to miss whiplash and she'll figure all your shit out and you'll be jumping from Trump Towers in no time.

Or you can get a ski mask and be cool like Johnny Utah by jumping stuff and not getting cort.

Schweet!

:P

PS Don't send your stuff to RLK..she really doesn't have the time...and Herman doesn't either.
$kin.

PS Don't send your stuff to RLK..she really doesn't have the time...and Herman doesn't either.

That's true. I don't have time. But I'll make the time, and "Herman" has plenty because he's such a good delegator, not to mention that he has sufficient accumulated "capital" to make delegating a pleasure for the delegatee. I would know. :(

If all else fails, I can always cut down on my phone and online time...along with everything else I do for fun. :S Once I finish moving this weekend (back to the old neighborhood with Skydiving, et al., to the north, Mirage to the south and the sweet sound of Chopper 6 overhead every time someone breaks a bone), I'll have time to get caught up anyway.

I don't care. I actually did think long and hard about it before I made that post. It's on the table, so we can either give it a go or not.

rl

P.S. I don't do PI, love, but I'll be happy to give you a "whiplash" demo.

If you want to grow up and be a lawyer, Abbie, you need to be more precise.

I do not want to grow up. Nor do I want to become a lawyer. I'd much rather pay for their time and expertise.

There isn't a rule explicitly banning this sport--the NPS management policy flows from 36 CFR 2.17,

semantics... It's illegal to jump with a parachute. BASE jumping is jumping with a parachute. you just like to argue.

If you can figure out a way to make a jump without using a parachute to save your life, you're all good.

That wouldnt be base jumping now, would it?

I would also note that a good administrative lawyer ought to be able to pick both the regulation and the policy to pieces.

ought to, could, should, would.... hasn't happend yet.

I have managed (it didn't take much) to interest my employer (biographical information on request) in the problem.

GREAT! Fill us in when something actaully happens and its not on the backburner.

All I have to do is get my caseload down to a managable level, and we'll have time to discuss it in detail.

I heard similar lines before. 99:1 that your caseload gets down to that manageable level. But seriously, I hope it does.

I can always cut down on my phone and online time...

excellent. so quit yapping on dorkzone and do something.

Eat butt,
Abbie

Ok so after our private conversation, i need to state that, YES, I AM AN ASSHOLE.

I should have said "eat butt PLEASE" :P

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Ok so after our private conversation, i need to state that, YES, I AM AN ASSHOLE.

A reasonably wily and clever asshole, but you need a few more years to reach $kin's advanced agebility.

I should have said "eat butt PLEASE" :P

:D

Be-beep!

rr