base570

ABP dead?

There was recently a meeting involving BASE in Utah's State Parks. What happened with that meeting? Is this the real root of the problem?

I doubt it. The meeting went fairly well. Although, seeing that the ABP has removed the BOD member resident in Utah, as well as one of the two representatives who attended that meeting, I can see why you might think that.

I'll be curiously watching (from the sidelines) to see how the Utah issue works out.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

... see past whatever Robin's past is and join the ABP.

I think most us tried to forget Robin's past when we agreed to join the ABP, but he's just the same old Robin (the one that was chased into hiding from the forums many years ago). He does occasionally make an appearance as "TheAlliance" or "[email protected]" (if you haven't heard THAT story yet).

Robin terminated the ABP because several BOD members wanted immediate elections - elections that would have removed him from the ABP.

I will never again support any venture that includes Robin Heid. After a year of hard work designing 98% of the website myself, assisting with the code for the letter writing system, hosting the website for free on my server, and countless hours of research and communication, many of us are left scratching our heads. Regardless of this setback, I will continue to work to open our National Parks to BASE jumping until I'm too old to jump.

In closing, the following are the written words from a park ranger:

We arrested him in Yosemite for jumping in the late 1970's before it was even called BASE. He poses as a writer for Skydiving, and has written frequent articles for the magazine in the past, but he is the enemy. He is extremely contentious in the BASE world; many of them hate him. In the past he was highly critical of other BASE jumpers, being outright rude in his bulletin board postings. He frequently tried to post anonymously, but his style was usually recognized right away and he was usually ostracized by the other posters.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Bottom line is way too many people are whining instead of trying to help. That's just what I've seen so far from my point of view.

ding ding we have a winner!!!!;):P;):o

In fairness, I feel like I did what I could to help, and was told that my contributions were not desired. I don't think the ABP actually wants people to try to help--hence the new, streamlined organization.

I wasnt pointing fingers. Hell you have done more than most of us will ever do Tom.

What is stopping youand the rest of the bunch starting up another organization? Pros, Cons?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Tom,

Leave this thread but see if you can get folks here to have a discussion about the ABP without Robin Heid becoming the topic. I know that's not going to be easy and the ABP discussion is relevant at this time, but let's keep the conversation focussed on the right things.
Safe swoops
Sangiro