PhreeZone

10 cops respond to reports of jumping

Man your being a little, Hostile with a slight touch of the O'l, (there coming to get me) Paranoia here.
WTF ? ....a jack-Ass Post ?
and I still do not see HOW that Post is helping the Cops.
also the only thing Bull-Shit about these post is you, copping an attitude that In there -Frenzied Search- & by
some fantastic Web-Hunt, stroke of good Luck the local Seattle police Dept. while trying to fight the Huge organized Base
jumping cartel along with there other duties of a large major city.
Yep. they are probably Logging-On and going down these -Crime Riddled Posts- as we speak and filing
our name away in there huge anti-BASE Database to Ruthlessly track us down without Mercy.

All the Post says is ... 3 parachutist were Seen @ 3 in the morning. and then all it's doing is repeating pubic info.

Ohhhhh ..then there is the Replies.
Fuck that's will Really Piss the Seattle law enforcement off.

Zennie:
Maybe the cops up there have more time on their hands but when I got busted the cop who took me into the station thought the whole thing was a complete waste of his time.
McGruff says: "Help take a bite out of crime...."

-
and of course: leroydb, Super intelligent post with that Police aggravating witty statement of:
Another bit of un-educated journalism... Dangerous, Yes... illegal... not all the time...
Its like saying sex is illegal... well certain positions are....:P

-
Fuck,! They will most likely give those BASE jump the, CHAIR or life without Parole fallowing the Drag-Net and huge Man-Hunt to Follow this THREAD.
You piss off Seattle's Best off and there is Hell to Pay my friend.

Tom, my response to your PM is… I will always attack posts that lack common sense and can hurt my fellow BASE brothers!

I've PM'd you.

You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here for your plan to "always attack" posts because you don't like them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

How exactly does this post harm BASE jumping and more than it being in the Seattle Times?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Ray, so are you telling me that if you were on this load that you would totally be cool with this post?

I'm not talking about the post... I'm talking about the whole thread...

I have to say though Ray... I'm quite impressed with your witty lack of common sense...

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here for your plan to "always attack" posts because you don't like them.

Oh yeah... Sympathy is what I'm looking for...

1. I don't see the harm in the original post. Especially since the location has been edited out. It serves as a reminder that even when you get away, you might still have been seen.

2. I don't see the benefit of posting a full link to the original article. Those that really want to read it, will have to take the effort to find it.

3. I think some of the replies here have been a little bit harscher than necessary.

4. I agree with Ray that we shoulnd't be too paranoid. The majority of police officers out there still believe they have more important crimes to fight than base.

5. I'm shocked that somewhere somebody thinks BASE is worth a crime-stoppers phone number. Wow.

And most importantly:

6. If somebody on this board thinks that an incident is serious enough to warrant a temporary radio silence, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and refrain from posting, speculating or dabbling. The locals can surely judge the situation better than anybody else, and I'm sure that if the time is right they'd come up with lessons, if there are any to be learned.

Let's stop posting here and let this thread quietly and quickly dissapear from the forum frontpage.

In all seriousness though, the reason 10 cops showed up at the scene had nothing to do with the "seriousness" of the crime and most likely everything to do with the fact that they were bored out of their minds at 3:45 AM.

I know if I were a cop out on the beat at that hour dealing with mainly PITA drunks and then got a call on the radio about folks with parachutes I'd be going "Oh man I GOTTA check this out..."

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

6. If somebody on this board thinks that an incident is serious enough to warrant a temporary radio silence, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and refrain from posting, speculating or dabbling.

I'll add this:

If this is the case, a polite request to the original poster, and a PM to the moderator, is going to achieve the desired result far better than an angry retort.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Think less.
Jump more.

Great wisdom... By the way, remind me never to jump with you. The last kind of person I want to jump with is someone who thinks less...

I fully support the use of this forum to share information that I feel could be useful to BASE jumpers.

This incident was very recent, and possibly under investigation.

All local jumpers are aware of the situation and will be staying clear of this building. The proper notifications have been made and hopefully any jumpers visiting the area will contact any of the locals for information regarding the status of a local object they're eyeing.

In almost all cases, a local jumper is willing to meet up with and show visiting jumpers any of our objects.

I would like for this thread to quiet down a bit and possibly let some time go by before we re-open discussion about this incident. That courtesy has been extended to other crews in the past, and I don't see any reason why this incident is any different.

This thread is at the flash point and I don't see any further productive conversation coming from it.

If you have ever been involved with a bust or near bust, I'm sure you can sympathize with what I'm saying. If you're not a BASE jumper, I see why it wouldn't seem like such a big deal.

Can we let this one sit for awhile?

Edit: As a personal favor from all of you, can we let this one sit for a while?