outrager

Fatality in France: 3 July 2005

Yo!

Just a quick note that i am alive and unhurt. There was an accident in France today on the same cliff i have jumped. At this point i do not wish to post any details, the freaky coincidences of the day are just too much.

bsbd!

Yuri.

edit for thread title ~TA

Glad you're OK Yuri!

I'm sorry to hear about the accident though. :( I'll be keeping you and everyone else there in my thoughts.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

What cliff? What incident? Which guy? There is not any info at French Base web site.

Fido

condolences to family and friends...sad times.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

condolences to family and friends...sad times.

Could someone please translate the info for us. Thanks

Notre ami Jurij Graciov s'est tué hier matin en Chartreuse .Il est parti dernier d'un petit goupe de 5 personnes.Il aurait impacté des vires pendant la phase d'ouverture, se retrouvant mort sous sa voile.
Jurij avait plusieurs centaines de sauts en base.
Nous avons perdu un ami d'une grande valeur, et la Legion Etrangere a perdu un frere d'arme .

Our friend Jurij Graciv died yesterday morning in the Chartreuse Valley. He launched last out of 5. He supposedly impacted during the opening sequence, and have been found dead under his canopy. Jurij had several hundreds of BASE jumps. We've lost a friend of great value, and the Foreign Legion lost a Brother in Arms.

Notice that a member of the rescue team who collected Jurij's body posted on the french board that they found him under a perfectly open canopy and PC. although not being a BASE jumper, he assumed that Jurij may have lost consciousness due to the pressure of the risers on his neck in line twists.

Fly high...

Fabien
BASE#944

Our friend Jurij Graciov killed itself yesterday morning in Chartreuse. It left last of a small goupe of 5 personnes.Il would have impacté of the turn during the opening phase, rediscovering itself dead under his sail. Jurij had several hundreds of jumps some bases. We lost a friend of a big value, and the Foreign Legion lost a weapon frere.

NickD
BASE 194

Condolenses to all friends and family. Sorry i was too sad yesterday to say anything here.

We chatted online but have never met in person. Yesterday morning by coincedence we both went to the same cliff but didnt know about each others plans. He must have passed within 10m of me on the way up, while i still slept in the car. I have seen the helicopter leave while standing at the exit an hour after they have jumped but didnt know about the accident until a couple of hours later - while sitting in a police station writing a report about my passports, money and all stolen from the car while i were up jumping. What a weird, dark, twisted day!

I went up again and did a memorial jump in the evening. Fly high, and we will meet somewhere in another life!

bsbd!

Yuri.

Very bad news !!!:(
Fly free brother, it was a pleasure to jump with you in this life !

I have changed the title of this thread, and removed the other thread looking for information about this incident.

Here is the link to the french language discussion (on the FBA forum) that was posted in that other thread.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I am not quite sure I understand what happened and my French isn't quite good enough.

Was this an offheading with line-twist followed by impact with the wall, or was it impact with the ground?

Does we know what kind of delay the jumper took?

BSBD :(

fly free brother[:/]

Stay safe
Stefan Faber