NickDG

Sucks . . .

I'm lost and having a rough time of it . . . I find myself between life and death, a snap this way or that from eternity, and I'm just tired of fighting it. I don't know how this will turn out in the end. But I can acknowledge those I've known, and love, and lament those I haven't . . . Just keep your heads on straight and remember the thing that brought us here . . . If I could pass on anything to people who don't know me . . . It's this . . . trust your inner self, go where your body, not your mind, tells you to go . . .

And, Oh shit brothers, this sucks . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Nick, we're all a little lost. Or actually, I prefer to think of it as wandering without a clear cut destination. But that's not such a bad thing is it? I bet if we actually 'arrived' somewhere, we'd quickly realize that it's not all it's cracked up to be, and then we'd be off wandering again. And personally speaking, my head's always been screwed on a bit sideways. E/call me if you wanna chat about these afflictions.

~ Karin

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well. Good luck, I hope everything turns out fine.

Greenie in training.

Hang tough my brother!

Your body is weak, and it's tired from the fight.

But your mind~spirit~soul are strong, much stronger than you think...stronger than most people I know.

Now isn't the time to be looking back OR forward...is a time to be looking UP!

...You're the one that told me:

~That's how the 'authorities' know which group we belong to, heads are always tilted back
looking at the top floor with a grin!;)

We all care about you, and prayers for a quick recovery are sent often.

So suck it up Marine...you ain't 'going' anywhere!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What ever you need Nickster........;)

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

trust your inner self

Wil do, you too!

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

just got back from doing a solo off the local A. No witnesses, just those that pass to and fro unaware. The campers in the woods, though they had a large fire, never knew that eyes were upon them, looking down from above and wondering who they were and what they were thinking.I was their witness that they exist in life, but they were not mine. You my friend, are the witness for all of us that creep in the dark. A keeper of history, a teller of stories, a participant in our unique way of life. Most of all a writer and recorder. There are volumes of chapters yet to be written and talked about.........you wouldn't want to miss out on all the things that have yet to transpire would you?????

May we live long and die out

volcano base.

_
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Nick

Been getting the best air kisses I've ever had for many years in person, such a gentle boy, I'll have another...

Joy.

pm sent

Love ya

I was trying to sleep, but couldn't . . .

Thanks for all that, and especially for the PMs, Jimbo, Johnny, Karin, Vandev, blair700, helge, RayMan, screamer, and the rest . . . I have no words for that kind of back up, except you made me cry, and feel good, for the first time this week.

You guys are much more than friends, you are true brothers and sisters.

Thank you . . .

Nick, you are being prayed for.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Yo Nick...me, evilivan and 813 did one for you this morning...got up at 0245...ouch...made me realise how many beers us young uns owe you old timers for starting this crazy sport;) when you get over here the first 25 pints are on me mate..then we can get down to some real partying!!
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Nick

I had no idea about this situation but I hope when those pictures I sent you arrive, they'll help lift your spirits.

Best wishes ....

Yeah mate, as Sean621 says - that one this morning had your name all over it.......... Ah, so we can now blame you for us only getting 3 hours sleep............. :P

Be cool dude.......

"Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel" --Robert Walpole.

According to Keats, Nick, life has a" pleasure thermometer"; as high as you take the heights is as low as you will go into its depths, and vice versa. With the ability to enjoy greatly comes the affliction to suffer terribly, but the one "pays" for the experience of the other. After your radiation treatments comes purity, clarity, and joy in a magnitude proportional to the pain suffered. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

In Afghanistan, long ago, opium was sold in markets with a label which, when translated said, "this joy subtracted from your share in future paradise (heaven)" The reverse is equally true.

You are a pioneer in BASE, Nick, our teacher of strength.

Consider this your Jaap-ian "get well carrot", man.

:ph34r:

Hang in there, friend.

Hey Nick, sorry you're having a rough time of things.:(

Sending good vibes your way...

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Hey Nick,
Head up, man!!!
All things will go in the right way if you're positive!
Don't stop to fight! Never!
All the good vibes are with ya, bro!:)

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

Keep on keepin' on, Nick!

Don't let that evil shit win...>:(
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Reading through this thread, I was thinking "how can I connect you to the jump we did this weekend...?"

621 and 813 have done it already, but I'll add my piece.

That moment on top of the object in the pre-dawn light, the air very still and a ground mist hiding all but the tops of the trees, would not have been possible but for you and the rest of the poineers. I hope it can be of some comfort that your legacy is giving hundreds (possible thousands?) pleasure each and every jump.

Ivan
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Shivers . . .

Thanks, Brother.