JaapSuter

Slider off or down, changed your mind?

There's plenty of existing discussions on slider down versus off out here. I don't think we need to rehash those. Both have advantages and disadvantages, and as long as you know both and make an educated decision, either can work great.

That said, I noticed my name appears only two times on the frontpage. :P

So in the interest of maintaining the status-quo, here's another poll. This is to (dis)prove a theory I have.

Edited to add; obviously ignoring any slider up jumps you do. I'm just talking about what you used in the past and use these days for low stuff.

EDIT: deleted as i did not read the post fully.........

Mac

I think Jaap is talking about whether or not you leave the slider down on low jumps or remove it.
SabreDave

Slider off makes packing neater, and I really prefer the way the canopy handles without the fabric between the risers. That's my main reason for not jumping slider down any more. Also someone, and I don't remember who, once told me it's less likely you'll get a linetwist when the slider is off due to the distance you get between the risers.

Nowadays, however, my slider is mostly way up there. Happiness B|!

CJ =)

I started out slider off. I got sick of taking it on and off so I tye it down now.

Matt Davies

Buy more rigs.:P
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Mac

I think Jaap is talking about whether or not you leave the slider down on low jumps or remove it.

ooops!

[:/]

Buy more rigs.:P

Believe me I would love to, but my wife would kill me.:$ Plus I still think I would leave the slider on. I guess I will have to cross that bridge some day when I get more.

Matt Davies