Tenshi

Legal or illegal?

What do you like most? Legal jumps or so called illegal jumps? Also please explain as to why...

Before you all pick legal, cause I know that's what everyone wants...for BASE to be legal, think about what gives you the most satisfaction at the end of the ride.

I smell a troll. Who are you? Why do you ask? Who do you work for? How will the stats that you collect be used?

-My name is Vincent.

-I asked because I am curious. I was pondering about it myself and it seems to me that checking out a site, sneaking up, jumping and then getting away is also part of the thrill. Then again maybe you can enjoy the actual jump more when a jump is legal.

-I am currently trying to get my master degree in Dutch/English Language and literature.

-I don't really care about the stats as much as I am interested in the (well-founded) opinions. They will not be used for anything by myself so I'd rather have you posting than just voting.

Anything else you'd like to know?

In Summary:
I dont like big crowds and I love sneaking about...........

:)

Kevin,
There's two ways to look at this...

A: "Paranoia will destroy 'ya".
or,
B: "Paranoia is just a perfect state of awareness".

Personally, I like "B".

Later.
-SMD7

Oh yes...one more thing. The Boogyman asked if you would be so kind as to post your home adress so he can occupy your bedroom closet and/or the space under your bed (to be decided after mutual agreement)

If your state of awareness was so perfect you would have searched my name and come to the conclusion that I am just a newbie with the curiosity of a small child. :P

Here's two more...

A: "Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
or,
B: "I wouldn't be so paranoid, if everyone wasn't out to get me."

Personally, I can't pick a favorite.

Later,
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Oh yes...one more thing. The Boogyman asked if you would be so kind as to post your home adress so he can occupy your bedroom closet and/or the space under your bed :P

Too late. the bastards been living there for years. I can't seem to evict him. Fuckers always throwing parties and leaving the mess for me to clean up and, to make maters worse, he's always wearing my underwear. Not only does he stretch out my underwear, but he leaves racing stripes in them as well. Filthy bastard.

But seriously, There has been a lot talk lately about gaining access to national parks and those wishing to deny us regularly visit this sight.
It is not too far fetched to imagine that one of them might try to collect info that displays us in a not so wonderful light and there by further strengthen their position.

P.S. I looked at you profile and guess what. No name entered. It's hard to tell anything about you other than you don't want to share your info

I am currently trying to get my master degree in Dutch/English Language and literature.

Hoi Tenshi,

Als je ff in je profile zegt hoeveel skydives en base jumps je hebt, wat je naam is en waar je vandaan komt, dan zal je merken dat de reacties hier een stuk gezelliger worden. En de post hierboven maakt een goed argument. Er zijn op dit moment verschillende groepen bezig om bepaalde sites legaal te maken. Als we daarna online in een forum allemaal gaan roepen dat we voornamelijk illegale sprongen het leukst vinden, dan helpt dat niet echt.

Woon je in Nederland by the way?

Cheers,

Jaap

I am currently trying to get my master degree in Dutch/English Language and literature.

Hoi Tenshi,

Als je ff in je profile zegt hoeveel skydives en base jumps je hebt, wat je naam is en waar je vandaan komt, dan zal je merken dat de reacties hier een stuk gezelliger worden. En de post hierboven maakt een goed argument. Er zijn op dit moment verschillende groepen bezig om bepaalde sites legaal te maken. Als we daarna online in een forum allemaal gaan roepen dat we voornamelijk illegale sprongen het leukst vinden, dan helpt dat niet echt.

Cheers,

Jaap

Yeah right easy for you to say

I thought he was from Belgium

Oh my god, just what we need; more Ozzies on this forum. ;)

Yeah right easy for you to say...

:D

If you fill in your profile with how many skydives and base jumps you have , what your name is and where you are from you will notice people will get a lot friendlier. The post above proves this. Also, I am a Dutch cheese monkey who likes to write long essays and wear panties. At the moment various groups are trying to open certain sites. If we say online we prefer illegal jumps then that doesn't help.

Is that about right Jaap? :)

Is that about right Jaap?

Except for the part about the cheese, the essays and the panties, you got it all wrong! >:(

so you are the one wearing the panties then?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

[rep

If you fill in your profile with how many skydives and base jumps you have , what your name is and where you are from you will notice people will get a lot friendlier. The post above proves this. Also, I am a Dutch cheese monkey who likes to write long essays and wear panties. At the moment various groups are trying to open certain sites. If we say online we prefer illegal jumps then that doesn't help.

Is that about right Jaap? :)

Damn check out the big brain on Screamer

Mostly, but sometimes I get to share them with Skreamer, Cornische or GirlFallDown. Skreamer prefers putting them on right after I jumped in them and sharted in freefall.

Quick, hide! Before Tom moves this post to the chit-chat section!

Seriously though, let's get back on topic. My bad. Online I prefer legal jumps. In real life, it greatly depends on the site. I'm a great proponent of opening up the US national parks for legal jumps. But I also realize that it's unlikely the downtown core of your local city will become a free for all freefall. It's the diversity of it all that I enjoy.

O.K. then to answer your question, it all depends on the level of bust factor. If I know that when I land I'm going straight to jail then there is not a lot of fun in that. If I'm fairly sure that I going to skate then there is some added excitement but if I had choose, I'd jump legally every time

Mostly, but sometimes I get to share them with Skreamer, Cornische or GirlFallDown. Skreamer prefers putting them on right after I jumped in them and sharted in freefall.

BS. Everyone knows I don't wear panties!

Personally I prefer legal jumps. TF is like Disneyland to me. I'll do the others and it does get the heart pumping a lot more but if I had my way we wouldn't have to do those at night and I could focus more on the jump and less on getting in trouble. BASE is scary enough as it is.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

WHAT'S illegal is GFD not posting a pic of her panties... or lack thereof
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

i like it the way it is.. combine it;)
I mean,jumping off in daylight getting all the visuals is GREAT
sneaking arround is way fun aswell

BASE wouldnt be the same whith out them both... its all about BASE

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hoi Tenshi,

Cheers,

Jaap

I see. Well now that I think about it...it could be possible. I also visit a forum for fellow bikers (motor-forum.nl) and they had some incidents with journalists actually quoting the forum :| Obviously on a biker forum some people talk about their speeding adventures above 150 Mph and bending their plates so it didn't look good for the bikers in general. So yeah...

Anyway...I live in Belgium (the Dutch speaking part)
Currently working up to my AFF license. First I need to graduate though...plus it's expensive as you all know. Base is something for the future...When I'm an old man (25)

Like I said...a curious newb. I'll update my profile though.

...they had some incidents with journalists actually quoting the forum :|

This has happened here several times as well.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ok, I will throw this out to everyone. When you got into base was it for legal base or illegal base. I ask this as i am in the process of getting ready to get into base but i have my own set of reasons and they are not all for the pure excitment of sneaking around. After spending time in the military i am pretty much over sneaking around.Would anyone who base jumps see anyone differently if there motivies where to only legal base as to illegal? I ask in the same manor as a climber would enjoy climbing a cliff verses a Building. I am currious to see if base jumpers look different at jumpers intrested in jumping different objects. I think it would be a valid question..

Then again i could be completly wrong....;)

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"