jimmyh

www.expandinglimits.com

The guys at DivX put up a section of RADIX on their video torrent sight at www.expandinglimits.com

There's a link to my website where people can buy the video. It'll be a good experiment to see if people outside the world of BASE will be interested in BASE/Skydiving videos. Don'cha think?

-jimmy

For anyone curious about that site... I've been emailing back and forth with them for quite a while now. They'd like to work with SkydivingMovies.com to get some DVD quality skydiving/BASE video. Seems like a pretty cool project they're working on. It's basically a technology demonstration for free distribution of high quality video (encoded with DivX) using Bit Torrent. DivX Networks has a pretty big stake in online video distribution, so this is a way to promote it.

Not sure what the possibilities for my site are as far as they go. I don't have DVD quality video, and I don't have a need to promote my site to non skydivers/base jumpers. Their site is going to feature all types of extreme sports, not just BASE. Still open to ideas from them though...

Dave

Hi Dave,

why don't you burn all the files on skydiving movies to dvd (data dvd format for computers) then sell them to all the skydivers/base jumpers who only have dial up connections like my self :(
how many gig worth of vids are on skydiving movies now ?

hard work + motivation + passion = blissful success

Your ambitious dedication is enlightening. Congratulations....looks like something IS happening....

Since my computer wouldn't play the crazy cam segment - is it anything different than what's on RADIX special features? If yes, I'll figure out what program I need to open the video...any new footage would be a delight to watch.

Stay safe and stay inspired.

They just pulled the Krazy Kam segment off RADIX, so it's the same exact thing you already have. To play videos on that site, you'd need to go DivX.com and download their software. It's like $20. Something about super high compression or some such.

Anyway, holy cow we're getting some nice shots already this year. I have way more footage already than I did last year at this time. For instance, this guy just landed in the powerlines at the dropzone today, and I was in exactly the right place at the right time to totaly stick the shot. He's o.k. The powerlines actualy saved him. It's priceless, I swear.

Are you going to put today's shot up on jimmyhalliday.com? Or - do we have to wait until Keen & A+bel or whatever the next video will be?

edited to add - That's really good that the guy's okay. :)

"hard work + motivation + passion = blissful success"

I notice that "marital bliss" isn't on that list. Hhhmmm.

He's o.k. The powerlines actualy saved him. It's priceless, I swear.

Truely PRICELESS. B|

After filming a tandem, you had the awareness to even ZOOM in on this guy as he did the LOW toggle turn and hit the power lines!!! :o

Thats probably one of the only times I can say that power lines actually saved someone from death, by hitting them with their face/body! :S

No wind, 200 acres of landing area, and he chooses to land there........ :S

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

did he get zapped at all ?

No, but being that stupid, it might have tuned him up abit? :D

Ed

Hello,
Did you catch that cypress save?

PS: Out Rage tomorrow.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hello,
Did you catch that cypress save?

PS: Out Rage tomorrow.

Avery,
We missed you in the flock this weekend Brother.

Are you jumping tomorrow?

Ed

Hello,
Better missed than forgotten.:)
PM sent.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I missed getting the cypress fire on video. That's why I was so stoked to get the powerline shot. Really the guy's o.k. That's why we can laugh.

You know when something really cool happens and you're like, "why didn't I have my camera on?" Well this one makes up for all those missed shots.

Out Rage!!!! It's done. Everyone needs to pm Avery for details on how to pick up Ill Vision's latest contribution to the world of BASE vids. Especially if you've ever thought that you good at pulling low.

late

To play videos on that site, you'd need to go DivX.com and download their software. It's like $20.

Or you can get the FREE divX codec:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DivX_Free.htm

_

Even better.... Get all every available video codec all in one easy-to-install-package here: http://www.codecguide.com/

It also includes a Quicktime and RealPlayer replacement, so you can avoid all the crap that those guys bundle with their players.