TomAiello

Split this forum?

12) The forum is useless as anything other than entertainment anyway. BASE needs to be mentored not taught. You can't have a value system described sufficiently clearly here. For those who's values do not coincide with those of the community at large then they should not receive training or tuition. They should be ostracized and rightly so. Preserving our core values is the most important part of the mentoring process and this forum doesn't help that very much. At worst, it decays them somewhat. I'll forgive the forum that transgression since it's fun.

Totally and unequivocally agreed. But what should be is not what is, and in that regard, your position is correct but impractical.

Let me know when you've figured out how to herd cats. You can practice on Baby.

13) Cos I want it to stay like this.

How's that hangover comin' along, dear?

Ms Kirk...you need to find some smarter friends. You are, in essence, completely and utterly wrong.

I am completely and utterly wrong, and you are totally and absolutely right--you said so, so it must be true--but the next time I have to tell you can't talk about my friend that way, the only pipe I'll be crackin' is yours. :P

Edited to add: Also, you again forgot the . after Ms.

:S

And I'm right...so now we have that out of the way...how about sending me a nekkid pic of you?

:P

For the nth time, bring a camera.

rl

Edited to add:

[edited to change who's to whose on the advice of some busy-body in Florida WHOSE sole purpose in life appears to be making fun of a guy WHO'S too busy to write his posts twice.]

What would you do without me?

What would you do without me?

...masturbate less often.:P
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

shouldnt that read MORE instead of less?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Funny thing is, where dedicated technical BASE forums have been created, no-one actually reads or seems to post in them...

I think this has been done to death - besides, the subject title usually says it all. You don't have to read everything posted! ;)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

thta does not sound like much fun to me Tom I mean this way we get educated and amuzed in the same place its like seaseme street learning made fun
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I voted no. I think the signal to noise reduction is low enough that people can do manual filtering.

it takes me too much clicking to read every post. The online base community simply isn't active enough to warrant more than one forum.

yes...exatly...i totally agree !

many threads seem to start out as a decent technical or otherwise valid discussion, but degrades to one liners at some point or vice versa. How do you handle those?

Leave it as is.
pope

I think the best solution is leaving the forum as it is,
and putting a link like "technical only" to the top of the page that goes to forums with technical informations.

People who like to read like this will continue to do what they like, and people who wanna read only technical information will also be able to do what they want.So everybody will be pleased:)

many threads seem to start out as a decent technical or otherwise valid discussion, but degrades to one liners at some point or vice versa. How do you handle those?

The moderator splits out the one liners and moves them. Then the moderator is subject to endless abuse for his nazi-like censorship.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The moderator splits out the one liners and moves them. Then the moderator is subject to endless abuse for his nazi-like censorship.

Aren't you already accused of that???:S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

My guess? They don't.
Handling those kind of situations would probably give the moderator 5 times more work for the same amount of money (read that as $0) and the benefits would not even be a 2 digit percentage of that effort. This is considering the fact that automating this kind of "forum intelligence" is not possible.

... unless Maggot can donate some of his ground crew midgets ... that, could probably work out as some form of automation. :D

I think it would be a good idea to split it. Some one stated in a more recent thread that there is some good information here, the problem is, I think, it is hard to find through all the general chit chat. The chit chat is good, but you only have to look at the death toll this year to realize that something needs to be done. If splitting this forum can help, why not. Maybe the few more experienced people who post on this forum, also stated is recent thread, as well as the the current moderator, could moderate the technical side to keep the information quality.

Peace

Jim