leroydb

Not telling on/turning in on each other rule

Besides the sacred Not telling on/turning in on each other rule, what oher rules do you guys use for your crews or solo?

Ie:
call the local;
get me away from the object if hurt;
get me away from the object and take me to the hospital if hurt;
etc...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Ie:
call the local;
get me away from the object if hurt;
get me away from the object and take me to the hospital if hurt;
etc...

Here are some important lines from my BASE Camp-FJC course materials.

In an area new to you, call the locals first to learn how they are doing it so the objects dont get burned.

If someone calls you for the same reason, then give them the courtesy of helping them make a jump if appropriate.

Never leave a wounded BASE jumper behind.

Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

Might be me...but if you're hurt bad...do you still care about a site?

Ethics are fine and all...but if I (or someone else if you will) just broke my back I just want a chopper/ambulance to pick me up where I'm lying. If that means burning a site...so be it. A human life is still more important then some site.

Ethics are fine and all...but if I (or someone else if you will) just broke my back I just want a chopper/ambulance to pick me up where I'm lying. If that means burning a site...so be it. A human life is still more important then some site.

I agree
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website

A while back, someone suggested to me: If I go in, erase the last few seconds of tape. I like this one. Inevitably my family will look for it (because that's what people do), but I really don't think they need to see it.

Michael

I will add that one to my list.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

A while back, someone suggested to me: If I go in, erase the last few seconds of tape. I like this one. Inevitably my family will look for it (because that's what people do), but I really don't think they need to see it.

Michael

Caution: Remember that:

A) This is tampering with evidence and could get you jailtime.
B) The entire head is likely to come off in your hands. I like a little head now and again but this is not a pretty way of satisfying yourself.
C) Tom Aiello and Johnny Utah will have already called the pigs on you so you're gonna get pinched anyway.(Just gagging boys - which, incidentally is the same phrase I heard a cheerleader say one time when she was kneeling in front of me and the rest of the soccer team after we voiced concerns over her ocular swelling)

If you balk at Coop's suggestion because you're breaking the law just remember...you're already mired in shite up to your armpits and you may as well go the distance. You can't dig half a hole. Go large.

:oGotta love cheerleaders...:o:o:o
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

One thing also:
If shit goes Bad or Wrong for one of you simple-shits.
and there are more than just two of you / for example a small group or Zoo load.
There is really No Need for - All - to take the Heat.
After the Medical or the Authorities have been contacted depending on how Bad it has (Hit the Fan)

If it can be AGREED in the group that only ONE need stay.
The duties should be separated if at all possible as to Someone stay with the unlucky victim of circumstance.
It is much simpler if One stay / With ONE STORY to tell.
While others Take care of all Gear, Vehicles etc. and contact #'s or rendezvous latter.
Even though One Stays Behind / All should share in all monetary Cost of Ticket/Fines or a possible Attorney if needed. For your GOOD Friend who stays.
It does not make much sense that all should stay. All get gear confiscated. All get Ticketed or Fined (bla bla)

Like Skin said...."remember...you're already mired in shite up to your armpits and you may as well go the distance."
So All of You are in it together /you need to stick together.but You Need to play it smart also.
example: Don't fuck around trying to erase a Tape / push the Eject button if possible and Simply Take It out, close the door & Take it with you.
Also: who doesn't like them Cheerleaders ?

A while back, someone suggested to me: If I go in, erase the last few seconds of tape.

Caution: Remember that:
A) This is tampering with evidence and could get you jailtime.

There was a case in Australia that particularly sh*ts me, most of you would've seen the fooatge and some of you just might know the story.

A jumper handed over footage to rescuers, to aid in the treatment of a severly injured jumper- which didn't seem that unreasonable a request at the time.

The short version of the subsequent events is that the footage ended up on the nightly news before the parents had been contacted and the 'helpful' jumper was prosecuted on a number of counts (the injured jumper wasn't). They even tried to go after the 'helpful' jumper for the cost of the chopper rescue.

The advice I've heard, was that if its a jump on the grayer side of legal:
-if its your footage: destroy it, lose it, blank it, heck accidently drop it in the sea, but don't hand it over.
-if it's the deceased's footage: you're tampering with the scene if you touch it....

Personally, I wouldn't want footage of me ending up on tv or in a "check this out" e-mail....
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Great post.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

C) Tom Aiello and Johnny Utah will have already called the pigs on you so you're gonna get pinched anyway.(Just gagging boys - which, incidentally is the same phrase I heard a cheerleader say one time when she was kneeling in front of me and the rest of the soccer team after we voiced concerns over her ocular swelling)

I know youre just gagging Skin, but thats Tom As mentality, not mine!

Now get that thing out of your mouth.;)
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website

I think seeing them through it shows a lot for character and helps out in the recovery if there is one. I was seen through mine and it helped knowing that my bros were there. Maybe it’s the way I have grown up in the various lifestyles but sticking with has always proved better than splitting the blame.

Here are a few examples of things that I have seen that are inexcusable and irreversible;
-Leaving after an accident having the only vehicle, even if there is prodding to do so. This just shows that you have that seed planted and will bail in the future.
-Putting newbie skydivers off an object with absolutely no idea what you are doing and almost killing them, then allowing the blame to go on someone else.
-Recruiting newbie skydivers to BASE jump.
-Forcing your BASE antics on people through your video camera at the local dz. This is jsut bad form to me. Playing a vid on the monitor for all to see is not what I am talking about.

Sticking with your buddies, knowing your opposition, and treading lightly. Anyone with half a personality can figure out how to deal with people and logically deduct whether it’s worth the trouble to hang or go on their own accord.

Look for, "The Pact" it's something i wrote years ago and is out there on the web, somewhere . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I think seeing them through it shows a lot for character and helps out in the recovery if there is one. I was seen through mine and it helped knowing that my bros were there. Maybe it’s the way I have grown up in the various lifestyles but sticking with has always proved better than splitting the blame.

Here are a few examples of things that I have seen that are inexcusable and irreversible;
-Leaving after an accident having the only vehicle, even if there is prodding to do so. This just shows that you have that seed planted and will bail in the future.
-Putting newbie skydivers off an object with absolutely no idea what you are doing and almost killing them, then allowing the blame to go on someone else.
-Recruiting newbie skydivers to BASE jump.
-Forcing your BASE antics on people through your video camera at the local dz. This is jsut bad form to me. Playing a vid on the monitor for all to see is not what I am talking about.

Sticking with your buddies, knowing your opposition, and treading lightly. Anyone with half a personality can figure out how to deal with people and logically deduct whether it’s worth the trouble to hang or go on their own accord.

I hear what you're saying and I'd have to agree with most of it. :P

Jason

agreed... great post

There was a case in Australia that particularly sh*ts me, most of you would've seen the fooatge and some of you just might know the story.

A jumper handed over footage to rescuers, to aid in the treatment of a severly injured jumper- which didn't seem that unreasonable a request at the time.

The short version of the subsequent events is that the footage ended up on the nightly news before the parents had been contacted and the 'helpful' jumper was prosecuted on a number of counts (the injured jumper wasn't). They even tried to go after the 'helpful' jumper for the cost of the chopper rescue.

The advice I've heard, was that if its a jump on the grayer side of legal:
-if its your footage: destroy it, lose it, blank it, heck accidently drop it in the sea, but don't hand it over.
-if it's the deceased's footage: you're tampering with the scene if you touch it....

Personally, I wouldn't want footage of me ending up on tv or in a "check this out" e-mail....
xj

Leroy

Look for, "The Pact" it's something i wrote years ago and is out there on the web, somewhere . . .

You're not kidding about somewhere. Sheesh!

This link goes to the main page. Click on "Articles" and the essay in question is the fifth one down.

Permission requested to copy it here in its entirety so it doesn't get lost again.

rl

Thanks, R/L, but like most writers I read that again with an eye I could have wriiten it better, but the point remains figure out what you are going to do ahead of time, and realize you're playing a deadly grown up's game . . .

Thanks, R/L, but like most writers I read that again with an eye I could have wriiten it better

We are the sum of all we've done, not only who we are today.

I'll grant you there are a couple of typos, but that's just because you're a guy, and all in all, I think it's pretty well done.

But there's still time; I can delete the link. ;)

No. I'll sink or swim on it . . .

Definitely a good read, just as the rest of the articles/postings I have read of yours
Leroy

Nick that was a good read. Especially relating past event to the present. A lot of us new guys don't know the roots of the "Jam Rule" and where it was used.

My point is; If you jump with people it's not to just have people there. If that were the case then do it on your own. It is to have jumpers there that you trust and rely on for advise and to give me the countdown when it sticks on two. When shit happens, I also want to be there for them when my bro/sis is in agony or to get them in a better mood after the fuzz pisses on the fun. No one is gonna accept responsibility, if even partial, for something I did. Especially if it was my gear.

...I also want to be there for them when my bro/sis is in agony or to get them in a better mood after the fuzz pisses on the fun.

As one saying goes...

"A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'That was fcuking AWESOME!'"

-C.

Michael

Interesting. Some people say: "if it is not on video, it did not happen..."
BTW, I would like to have it erased too.

Ronald Overdijk
www.liveskyproductions.nl

...I also want to be there for them when my bro/sis is in agony or to get them in a better mood after the fuzz pisses on the fun.

As one saying goes...

"A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'That was fcuking AWESOME!'"

-C.

Watched a doccie last night on the Black Hawk Down incident in Mogadishu and your post reminded me of the Ranger Creed: Never leave a man behind.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky