base283

brake stowage! Rant

Iffin ya don't trust your stowage, then maybe take up another sport? Iffin you don't know how to do a continuity check after a transition pack, should you take up another sport? " I have concerns that maybe I disstow my brakes" or "If screw up the the continuity...."
Am I wrong to suggest to take another sport? Whats up with you scaredy cats of rigging your gear?
I await your logical reply. Scared that you may misrout a line? That means that you have absolutely NO CLUE!
Whazzup? am I outta line or you?
Edit to add that I nailed ya and no one who is in this no where place will respond.
take care,
space

Edit to add that I nailed ya and no one who is in this no where place will respond.
take care,
space

Ummmmm..........What?

Whats up with you scaredy cats of rigging your gear?
Space, I LOVE it!
Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that!
I think some guys just post to keep their name under the author list at least 2.44796 times per page!

The difference is they won't have the balls to flame YOU! ;)
NEVER GIVE UP!

I think some guys just post to keep their name under the author list at least 2.44796 times per page!

Actually, it's five.

I would have replied, I'm just not sure who Space's post was directed to.

My rant is directly aimed at scaredy cats of rigging. Hi Kev! You should come visit me so I can call you a scairdycat to your face;) (does anyone know how to spel "scairdycat"?).
1000ft jump, could do a 9r but gotta do less so I have time to compensate for a real likelihood of my brake ( not “break”) lines releasing prematurely cause I don’t know how to stow them. So a 6r is in order but since I don’t know how to attach my PC symmetrically and am likely to have linetwists and need time to kickout, avoid the object and still make the LZ I have to cut another 3secs. So now I’m down to a 3r which is not good for slider up so I must do the dreaded transition. I won’t do LRM because I don’t know how to stow that way and I have a tailgate but maybe I could still have a lineover so I could just knock off another 3secs which puts me back on the exit point at the same time I left so maybe I should just do a PCA because I am a conservative jumper who has no clue about rigging……Hello?
Take care,
space

so I could just knock off another 3secs which puts me back on the exit point at the same time I left so maybe I should just do a PCA because I am a conservative jumper who has no clue about rigging……Hello?
Take care,
space

YOU....with the parachute!! Slowly step away from the bong!:P

"We will now resume our regular broadcast...... already in progress, thankyou."
PS- Spelling= "Scaredy-cat"
SabreDave

No, Dave, not the bong, the stein.

And for next time, Trace, it's spelled scaredy cat or you can use an alternate: fraidy cat.

I highly recommend that you take something for the raging hangover you must surely have.

:)

Halleluja Brother Spacy Tracy.

You better be quiet though, the powers that be may find your sense of logic far too simple and confronting to their laziness and lack of desire to really learn the fundamentals of the sport.

Where do you get this crazy idea that bandaids and complex solutions to SIMPLE problems are detrimental to one's health.

You are far too far out of line.

Common sense.

Hah.

That is soooooooo 90's.

Get with the times.

;)

p.s. its a struggle sometimes!
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

My rant is directly aimed at scaredy cats of rigging. Hi Kev! You should come visit me so I can call you a scairdycat to your face;)
I would but I'm too afraid.

Amen, Brother!

If people really knew what they were doing with their gear, we would have had a lot less "close calls" and actual injuries, let alone fatalities. I can think of two deaths, one p/c in tow, and several serious injuries due DIRECTLY to incorrect rigging/packing.

This stuff is completely avoidable. It's completely moronic that this stuff happens and then people have the nards to COMPLAIN!!!!

The easiest way to be a safe and happy BASE jumper is to KNOW YOUR GEAR INTIMATELY!!! Know what you're doing with it. Understand how it works. Learn how to think things through.

OK, I've had my rant to add to Space's....

Peace, and be safe everyone.

K

Hey Space,

This could be a standing "week opening post".

Equipment is static. "Use of" is dynamic.

The understanding and knowledge of use are the ingredients mandatory for longevity.

We are always on student status. There is always more information to provide confidence, security, and understanding of limitations.

Commitment to the process.

There is never a need to accelerate, it is already going too fast.

Take a moment to breath and process, and this will lead to a more methodical approach.

It is not a race. There are no winners, only survivors.

"IT" is not how many you have, but how long you did "how many".

Equipment MUST be transparent. Discipline and focus will allow the user to be open to the possibility of technique and proper behavior.

We all have the choice.

Slow Down.

Do not talk about it, take action---- BE safe.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

Thanks all for the great replies! I respect if someone doesn't want to do a LRM unless they blame it on the possibility of misrigging it. FCS! That is such a simple concept. I speak directly to you non answerer's. I agree somewhat that it sux that I was tweakin on probaly the best bier in the world (Augustiner Lagerbier Hell, Munich's oldest brewer, 1328ad) for me to bring up this point. It is total CRAP that people bypass safety because of admittance of ignorance of simple rigging. Hell, convenience is more respectable. take note that out of 8 repliers, over 3750 BASE jumps accumulated of experience is speaking to the BASE World validating my rant. Thanks!
take care,
space