KrisFlyZ

BASE jumps in India

Do you know of anyone that has BASE jumped in India?

I searched this forum and Jasmin mentioned some footage from India in the video 'Stupid BASE'. If you have jumpd in India or know someone that did please PM me.

Kris.

I've heard of a french crew that tried to make a jump off of [url"http://www.tvmountain.com/actualite/04/baghirati.htm"]Baghirati III[/url], witch could have turned out to be one of the longest freefalls ever. But they had to walk back down due to a ledge below the exit point. Too bad, it would have been a nice big wallB|

just run faster before exit lol

I have the stoopid base on tape, Jasmin if ya read this, what jump is in india ?
:)

I have done a little skydiving with a guy in India named Santosh Kumar, really cool guy, trying to break through the hard core government red tape to blow up the tandem industry there in India, I am sure he would know. anyway, shouldn't be too hard to find, he is the only dude I could find after scouring all over the country for a fix. Good Luck

If I remember correctly, the french were unable to jump from their intended exit point due to the granite shale. An e-mail from another jumper detailing this arrived the day after they left.[:/]

There isn't any footage of India/Pakistan in Stoopid, but I was hoping to be able to put some in the feature length I'm working on.

edited to add: send me a Pm Kris
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

When I was in India I only found one place to jump. If you go to the Taj Mahal, and go around back, you will see the river. Look to your right down river and you will see power towers crossing the rivers. It is very difficult to get a taxi driver to understand what you want him to do and where you want him to take you. Also enroute you will have to get him to NOT take you to his friendbrotherunclefathers store to "look" at the wares. Which is almost impossible since he will take you there anyway even after you told him NO eight times in a row. Lastly India is seriously not the place to hurt yourself and can be one of the most seriously un-sanitary places to land in you will ever encounter.

Varanasi has a jump-able height antenna, a strange half concrete half metal antenna, but beats the hell out of me how you get into it. And have fun figuring out where to land. India tends to be very crowded, close, and dirty.

Note the height of the span at this going-to-be-constructed object http://www.bridgeweb.com/news/NewsDetails.cfm?ArticleID=795[url]

When I was in India I only found one place to jump. If you go to the Taj Mahal, and go around back, you will see the river. Look to your right down river and you will see power towers crossing the rivers. It is very difficult to get a taxi driver to understand what you want him to do and where you want him to take you. Also enroute you will have to get him to NOT take you to his friendbrotherunclefathers store to "look" at the wares. Which is almost impossible since he will take you there anyway even after you told him NO eight times in a row. Lastly India is seriously not the place to hurt yourself and can be one of the most seriously un-sanitary places to land in you will ever encounter.

Varanasi has a jump-able height antenna, a strange half concrete half metal antenna, but beats the hell out of me how you get into it. And have fun figuring out where to land. India tends to be very crowded, close, and dirty.

Cool that you gave it the effort.

Yep, near Taj Mahal for sure. But, India is extremely crowded and you need a 100% sure escape, like a grossly overpaid taxi.

For the really intrepid, you could try one of the minarets (40 meters plus) of the Jami Mashid in Delhi. Apart from the low altitude, surviving an angry islamic mob after landing would be the real challenge. Same might apply for the tower on the Nile Island, Cairo, 180 meters. (different story though).

Ronald
www.liveskyproductions.nl

There are some jumpable antennas in India. The one I have been investigating even has a big landing area. Antennas are not the big thing in India but more and more are coming up. Landing areas would be a problem if the antenna is near the city. The one I have attached a picture of is on the outskirts but has a 10' boundary wall with Barbed wire.

India would be the place to get some cliff and big wall jumps in. If you get hurt, you are probably in tough luck. Not because there are no doctors to fix you, there are plenty. You can't get to the hospital in time if you are jumping in a remote area and are seriously screwed up. No lifeflight.

Kris.

The Qutub Minar is 238' but since it decreases in width as you go up.

Kris.

Kris...slightly off topic here...but whats the skydiving scene like in India...I cant seem to find any good info....

The only DZ that I know of is in Bangalore. As someone mentioned above, Santosh was working there and as of my latest communication with him, he said he had quit working at the DZ. I don't know if the DZ is operational.

Most skydiving is done by the Armed forces personnel.

I am going to Bangalore in the next few days to check out a possible BASE site(cliff with a 600m vertical facel). I will find out of the DZ is Open.

Kris.