Nikolaj

Best base gear

Hey everybody I would like to know what the opinion is about best 2 pin container on the market today:)And what do you think is the best canopy???
I am trying to figure out what gear I should go whit, this might help me:)Please tell why you think it is the best;)

Harness:
Gargoyle by Morpheus Tech

Chute:
Flik by Apex

pilotchutes
Av zp serie from Asylum

Welcome home dude,looking forward to hook up.
Chek your mail and get back to meB|

I think you already have a good idea your self even as it might aint my setup:P

Party on.........

Karen,i were told Nikolaj has some funny video i should see:ph34r: looking forward to he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Harness:
Gargoyle by Morpheus Tech

Chute:
BlackJack
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Can you guys elaborate why you think this is the best gear available?

Thanks,

Jaap Suter

Gargoyle/Fox V-tec ....for now.
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Harness/container: Pins: PerigeePro (by Asylum Designs)
Velcro: SoftCock (by Bounceproof rigging)

Canopy: BlackJack with ZP composite skin (by Consolidated Rigging.)

Pilot chutes: Asylum Designs AV series.

They're all opinions. Most jumpers swear by the rig on their backs.

Any rig built by one of the major manufacturers is going to work and work well. The differences lie in the specific disciplines you will be participating in. Obviously there are better rigs for wingsuit BASE and some rigs that are better for other sub-disciplines of the sport.

Any appropriately loaded and vented BASE-specific canopy is going to serve you well. There are some flight characteristics unique to each canopy that you may like or dislike based on the type of jumping you do most. If you think a canopy is too swoopy for your tight little black death landing areas, there is a jumper across the globe somewhere who thinks it's perfect for jumping massive terminal antennas.

edit: typo[:/]

hey dexte, can you give me any really good reason to not go with a 2 pin container besides a velcro if you are just beggining? If i am dead set on tracking suit to wingsuit transition in base , what would hinder my progression besiides being harder to pack?

Thanks bro...ChrisB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Best 2 pin on the market - Gargoyle by Morpheus Technologies - look at the design and you'll see why

Best canopy on the market - whatever you feel like jumping at the time

Can you guys elaborate why you think this is the best gear available?

Thanks,

Jaap Suter

Dude!! I can't believe you need to ask this question!? After seeing how ultra-rad I looked jumping my Gargoyle in that early morning light last Saturday, what more do you need to know?:P

Oh yeah, Gargoyle with Troll, Gargoyle/Troll...that's the schiznit!

PS- dex is right, it's generally what has been saving your ass that you will love.
SabreDave

I first have to say I do not BASE (yet) so take what I say with a grain of salt.

There have been many discussions on Velcro vs Pin. I would suggest before purchasing read as much as you can and talk to as many people as you can.

Wingsuits and Velcro rigs:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=789435

My first gear (Article by TomA)
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=65

Most recent Pin vs Velcro thread (I found this very educational):
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1541827

I know Tom has said this in the past that whichever rig manufacturer you go with its not a bad idea to get the canopy they sell because you tend get a better deal. So like Robi P said Gargoyle and Troll MDV. I know they have multiple package options for new purchases.

I know Tom has said this in the past that whichever rig manufacturer you go with its not a bad idea to get the canopy they sell because you tend get a better deal.

In my opinion, you've got the order wrong. The canopy is a far more critical component than the container. If you are going to purchase a package, I'd strongly recommend selecting your canopy first, and going with the container that comes from the same place.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Would you ever consider putting a flik w/ vtec in a gargoyle?/ I have been reading up on the troll but did not know about if it had venting. I think i would like that option. I have read you and dwains first equipment articles. They are very informative. I watched alot of video, "Your line Over vid" was...well your comment as you looked up was classic to say the least. I also watched the guy who 180'ed in the wall and rode it most of the way down and lived to jump another day. I think the venting makes a ....well ...comfort zone.... to ...well keep it on other things. Do you think this to be true?

Thanks, ChrisB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Would you ever consider putting a flik w/ vtec in a gargoyle?

Sure. I think it ought to work fine. You'd want to check sizing with Morpheus when you ordered the container.

I have been reading up on the troll but did not know about if it had venting.

MDV (Mono Directional Valve) is the vent option on the Troll. If you are going with a Troll, I'd definitely recommend it. I'd also say that the center cell vent is a good idea, if that's a separate option.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cool, Thanks Tom....B|

Hey everybody I would like to know what the opinion is about best 2 pin container on the market today:)And what do you think is the best canopy???
I am trying to figure out what gear I should go whit, this might help me:)Please tell why you think it is the best;)

Well, I think all baserigs on the market are good, but the Gargyole is definitely the "Porsche" amongst them ;)
Out of experience I´d recommend the Troll MDV, it´s a great canopy.

bye, Martin

James, i have just ordered a troll 225 for use specifically with the V1. i think i might though be at an object one day where i want to jump twice quickly and then leg it and pack later, so should i get the vents on the troll or not?? maybe it would be a slightly lower jump too, say twice from 400 feet off an A???

Darren

I am pretty serious on the wingsuit side of BASE that is my ultimate goal, however meticulous as I am with Packing Kathy from Morpheus gave me the following advice.

"But we think that a modified Gargoyle with the soft yoke, Streamlined Stealth riser covers and dynamic corners are a better choice than the WSX. The WSX
is for very experienced and hard core ws fliers who don´t mind the extra care that needs to be taken when packing to allow for the lowest profile that the
container has to offer. We also normally recommend going a size smaller to allow for optimum contour of the container. You will find the modified Gargoyle great for wingsuit flight and other jumps as well. This is the choice for many wingsuit pilots and makes a great first rig choice."

I took Kathy's advice and have recieved loads of help from them , the best way to decide is chat with the experienced jumpers and the manufacturers. Once I have built up the experience I would definitely go for the WSX but for now I cant wait to get hold of my Gargoyle.

Cheers

Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Would you ever consider putting a flik w/ vtec in a gargoyle?

Its not a problem at all,thats my favorite setup for what ever jump i can think off(besides bust and water jumps).All you need is to tell Ron n´Kathy which canopy in which size it should fit and they build you a world class harness.

Jaap,im not sure what you mean by your Q,get back to me at msn all ill post my answer here...(i didnt got your vid so i need that aswell:P)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber