NickDG

The End . . . ?

Just wanted to let everyone know I met with my doctors this morning to see what the pathology report said about the testicle they removed.

It was cancer.

I'm now going on a strict regiment of surveillance and possibly radiation treatments to check any further spread.

I'm feeling pretty good right now, but I developed a blood mass in my scrotum that's kind of painful but the doctors say my body should absorb that mass in time.

I think I caught this one in time, and have confidence I'll be okay. It's odd someone my age gets testicular cancer, as it's a young man's disease. So all you guys in your thirties check yourself for lumps down there, or better yet have someone do it for you.

And thanks again for all the good wishes expressed upboard. I can honestly say you'd have to go some to beat the BASE community in that regard.

NickD :)BASE 194

Glad to hear it Nick...Sounds as if you did nick it in time.... Keep us informed and all the best wishes and health to you....

All the best chris...B|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

I'm feeling pretty good right now

Let me buy you a drink to celebrate :)

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Best wishes Nick:)
I agree that your a little young to be getting this, have you thought about the possibilty of over exposure on antennas might be a contributing factor? Just wondering since I have lots of "A" jumps and I need a good excuse to get women to feel my nuts!!

Jason

It's odd someone my age gets testicular cancer, as it's a young man's disease.

Coz you think like a 17 year old ;)

Hey Nick, I'm glad you got it in time.

Super speedy recovery!
Memento Audere Semper

>>Of course you will silly! At least until 2018...<<

Thanks, Brother, I really needed that belly laugh . . .

Hi Jason,

I was hesitant to name hot tower jumping as a cause the first time I had cancer, because I was a smoker. However, just today my doctor said Testicular Cancer isn't linked to smoking.

I made many jumps from that now gone 50 kW flamethrower in LA, but no one can say for sure it caused my problems. Besides, there was a rather large crew jumping that tower and many jumped it more than I did, and so far there is no cancer cluster among those people.

However, I still advise people that jumping AM towers is not worth the risk . . .

You are a major inspiration and a generous font of knowledge that we all lean on as we travel this path of BASE.

What she said.....and very well, I might add.

Keep the good thoughts, Nick.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."