Kinaa

Low cliff jumping?

Kinaa,

Posting private correspondence into the forum, of whatever kind, is poor etiquette.

In this case, you are also the translator, so it's difficult for us (i.e. those without the language skills) to read the original for nuances.

Please stop this. It's starting to look like a personal issue. I'm sure it's something you can discuss with the jumper in question.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My first thought:

It's always better to learn from those near you, speaking your native language, than try to wade through a foreign language on an internet forum. There are so many little complexities here that you almost always learn more from long term, person-to-person interactions. Internet forums are good as backup resources, and checks on the current state of the art, but no substitute for real people.

>Jumping slider up from 486ft is pleasant jump consider you don't have wall behind you
...usual jumping delays from Snake River 486ft span...

Slider up delays are done here pretty regularly. The primary consideration is usually wind (because if it's strong from behind, you must have altitude to turn around and set up landing). In calm winds, slider up is done regularly by many experienced jumpers.

>Statistic has show that SU subterminal jumps are more demanding than others

This is absolutely correct. Those numbers were gathered at the Petronas comp, and on a few weekends here. Slider up subterminal jumps have markedly worse heading and noticeably higher malfunction rates. This is likely because they are among the slowest, least predictable (low airspeed slider deployment is often not smooth) inflation sequences.

> only the slim majority of jumpers at KL comp. could get to 4s mark becouse they had trouble with ground rush...

This is also true. I was there. Of the 18 jumps I've logged off the PT, 3 exceeded a 4 second delay. I am not certain if this is because of ground rush, but we could argue causes all day. The real fact is that, as stated only a slim majority of jumpers took delays of 4+ seconds.

However they don't have problems vith 4s SU from 500ft ??

Much of this is object dependent. Jumping into a clear canyon with soft water below is significantly less intimidating than jumping an underhung building.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

IMO the altitude of the object has very little, if anything, to do with how easy or difficult a jump is.

which is the most advice line in this tread...

jumping off a 300ft S shouldnt be a problem,but make a forest just below leave some gnarly boulders and perhaps some power lines arround your LZ you might wont find the object that easy anymore......

are you used to have 20+ secs canopy flights you might dont want to freefall the sub 200ft area aswell,which will give you werry litel canopy time compared to what your used to...

Im not sorry to call myself lucky luke,im sure it will save my nice a$$ one day:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My apologies to all of you. I got some doubts, and you helped me, wich is why I posted it.

Thank you all.

Igor Pesun

I have heard the statement that Australia has mostly advanced/dangerous exit points. I do not know if this is also true for America, but I have heard this statement a few times about Oz exit points.

Could the original statement sub 200' jumps being routine, have been a the above wrongly worded or misunderstood.