leroydb

object clip... close

You might want to stop posting all your f#ck ups

The guy had a 180 and managed to turn away in time to save his ass, brushing the tower with his canopy in the process. To me, that doesn't look like a f*ck-up but a job well done. As such, it's a great video.

I won't comment on the wind-conditions because I don't have the video at hand to double-check. However, I doubt there are any base jumpers that have never jumped in less-than-favourable conditions.

and getting hard back to them that then repost to your treads

It didn't sound like that to me at all.

I am sorry, i didnt mean to step on your toes. It just seemed that you were attacking me.

Faber would never do that, though he might occasionally step on other people's toes when he's wearing his chicken suit. ;) I've seen him do it.

I doubt there are any base jumpers that have never jumped in less-than-favourable conditions.

Also to add: You can jump from all 4 sides of this tower. You can jump it in most wind conditions, unless a hurricane is blowing through. 2 sides of this tower have open landing areas, 1 side has 60 ft trees to catch you if you have a snivel (has happend here, not by me) and then the other side has a small landing area. Building, powerlines, and some of the 60ft trees. If it wouldnt burn the site I would have posted what I had to do to land in the tight area.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

yea and they have most of the anonymous sites blocked to :-( B|
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

If I understand this right. It's a Free-Stander. also: not that big.
Hey that kind of object is a tough one to have a 180 deg. off heading for any skill level of jumper.

A Free-Stander / most if all that go past 200 Ft. tall are going to be Under-Hung.
They have a Talus /flair out @ bottom like some cliffs, power towers etc.

Even with a light tail wind you better be on it fast. & be lucky
With any delay over a hop & pop, on a small free-stander with a talus.
the odds start compounding against you dramatically for a Snag Free Jump.

"There is, like in any endeavor, that rare breed. The Mike Alderman's, the Slim's, and the Dwain Westons', the ones who take it to another level leaving only something for the rest of us to shoot at, but two of three of them are on the List. That's the goober . . . NickDG"

Mike Alderman left my father for dead at the bottom of a very cold canyon one November night back in '91. If not for a local Indian and a helicopter, he would have in fact died. Not shure I'dd list that guy among any of the "greats." But hey, idolize whoever you please. No one's ever worth it anyway.

Not to keep mentioning RADIX or anything but in the carnage section there's a night vision shot where I actually hit the P.T. and had to climb down. you should of seen the tear on that canopy.

Oh yeah, there's another cool shot on my website. If you think dayblazing is cool anyway. I know not very many people do.

But i figure if Mike Alderman can do all the shady stuff he did and still get mentioned in the same sentence with Slim and Dwain, then...

-jimmy

I am sorry to hear that about your dad. I wish I would have got to know mine. My parents divorced when I was a couple months old. I never knew my dad. Except one year, think it was 86 or 87, I recieved a B-day card...
Leroy

...Alderman...

He also conned a 19 year old who was thousands of miles from home into maxing his credit cards and handing over the cash, then never repayed it. Alderman's ethics, both personal and BASE-related, never seemed, to me, to be particularly good. In that way, he's certainly light years from Slim or Dwain.

I think Nick was talking about his jumping skills though. That, I can't comment on.

Bottom line:

Never confuse being a good jumper with being a worthwhile human being.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Also would like to publicly appologize to faber,

"I am sorry, i didnt mean to step on your toes. It just seemed that you were attacking me."

no need to as said already on pm i acsepted your apoligy. no worryes

just said what i thourght i saw...

sorry to be harsh aswell

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey...also / looked @ vid several times this morning
there has been some talk of jumping into a head wind.
No fucking way / camera angle / quick step hard push-off

If a canopy opens up on a 180 with a tail wind push.
On that small of a Free-stander the way it is shaped.
I do not care who you are or how fast you are or how good your canopy is set up.
You are going to, SMACK it.
You will Not turn it around in time. Do not fool yourselves.

Ok... without judging him on past performances / This is what I see.
I got to give him a little applause on this one.
Watch the Vid. he could have been a little faster on it.
He fought it and was working it HARD and pulled it off.
With a Talus coming up @ him.

How the hell do you play a Dvix file? I've tried it on RealOne, Windows Media Player (version 9) and QuickTime (version 6)?

1st, thank you Ray!

I agree I could have reacted a tad faster... maybe even missed it totally? If you look close I was pulling the riser to my shoulder and shifting in my harness.

I believe the Harness shift really played a part it this.

It was scarry , as I was reacting, to see the tower coming up at me.

All I know is I reacted to the situtation, I did what I had to to survive.
Leroy

>>Mike Alderman left my father for dead at the bottom of a very cold canyon one November night back in '91. If not for a local Indian and a helicopter, he would have in fact died. Not shure I'dd list that guy among any of the "greats." But hey, idolize whoever you please. No one's ever worth it anyway.<<

Give me credit for never having heard about that . . .

>>He also conned a 19 year old who was thousands of miles from home into maxing his credit cards and handing over the cash, then never repayed it.<<

The number of influential BASE jumpers who went bad, would be a whole List in itself.

NickD :)BASE 194