leroydb

object clip... close

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2148

I am posting this to scare others into NOT getting into B.A.S.E.

I wish to thank the people here that have gave me advice either on this site or the other site or on the phone. I would also like to thank the people for being the devils advocate and telling my I was going to die, you especially allowed me to step back and think about what I am/was doing.

I wish to end this by finally thanking my mentor, for gradually building upon my skills to allow me to be here writing this! I do not know how I would have reacted at jump 15 or even 30, (I hope the same, but you never know)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I tried downloading this. It says it's 60MB but I only got 1.9MB and about 1.5 seconds of video then it stopped and produced an error. Is it me or did it just not get uploaded properly?

My download is FUBARed as well. I'm stuck on 8.9 mb of 62.4 with no sign that it will proceed (it's currently hung ... and I'm about to say #### it).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think it's just killing the server at the moment. 97 downloads attempted over a very short period of time.

Leroy, 61 megs for a 36 second video is slightly ridiculous. I'm sure the quality is great, but there are some great compression types that will drop the size to a tiny fraction of that while barely changing the quality.

Tried DivX or WMV? I can recompress it later if you want.

Dave

I stopped my download attempt and won't try it again until the file has been reconverted into a different format (like WMV).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

WMV sucks so bad that I've given up on watching video in that format.

I vote for DIVX.

Spoken like an iBook user. ;)

-C.

hehe i love wmv. I'd convert the whole site to wmv if so many skydivers weren't freaking mac users (not that there's anything wrong with it!).

I'm downloading it now. I'll try to convert compress it with DivX tonight.

Dave

Same here, just a big black screen....but maybe that's cos it was shot at night......:D:D

.....Oh you gotto laugh...

...WMV

WMV sucks so bad that I've given up on watching video in that format.

I vote for DIVX.

Is that because you're on a Mac? ;) I guess that means I should stop sending you videos in that format huh?

I think WMV gives the best quality for file size. At least in my experience. I love WMV.

edit to add: Oops, several people already said this. I was a little quick to reply without reading the rest of the posts first.

recompress it please, if you beat me to it... I will reencode
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Doing it now... looks like I can get it down to just a few megs without too much quality loss.

Dave

i have an estimated 13 meg file on its way...
Leroy

Ok, uploaded. 3.6 megs and deinterlaced for a smoother picture. Same link.

Dave

Just a quick lesson in video compression: file size is meaningless!

Check out the attached screenshots. First one is the original 61 meg video. Second one is the 3.6 meg video. Open em side by side!

Dave

goes to corner...
Leroy

Been there,done that.:o:|
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

dayum... I only caught a stabilizer.... no cell damage on mine

what's ur story?

look up I posted some pics
Leroy

what's ur story?

I got something in my eye. :S

Out of time for now. I'll tell my story later.

looking at the video it looks like you either jump in a head wind or atleast a strong x wind(look at the PC).
so if people said you could die jumping thouse conditions yes they were right... you could have made it more safe to jump one of the other sites...

did you use a vented pc?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

the wind sir, was at my back. I checked with a wind meter every 50 ft. Sure I am not perfect, but it would be hard to believe that I was off that much. I you look close, it turned as it came out of the container. The PC didn't pull it off, it was not occillating.

the wind was only 5 mph or less and not gusting.

I was using my 46" non vented PC that I had used 50+time before
Leroy

no reasson to sir me,neither to beeing harsh on a pm on the same object as you also describe here.

I were just telling what it looks to me.

You might want to stop posting all your f#ck ups and getting hard back to them that then repost to your treads...

as i responded in the pm, take my Q as you will i dont care,its not me who were close to beeing injuryed in front of my gf...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I cannot download such files on my computer. Can you give a verbal description? -Chris
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

there is a long description at the video site. Cant get to it, work has it blocked...

Also would like to publicly appologize to faber,

"I am sorry, i didnt mean to step on your toes. It just seemed that you were attacking me."
Leroy