panavision

Johnny Utah packing video

Is there a PAL standard version around anywhere? [:/]
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

I have tried to contact Johnny but he doesn't answer me. If anyone knows where can i contact him i am very happy.
thanks

Who else does a packing video....
I have the BR one....but am interested in seeing a few more.....especially since every packjob I have seen seems to be done differently !

CR did a packing video, but I don't know if it's still available for sale. For that matter, I don't believe the BR one is still for sale, either. You ought to be able to find copies of both of those floating around, though. I'm not sure who else has made one.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It also has far better scenery...

I'll second that...;)
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

I heard rumours that Tom Aiello was going to produce the end-of-all-packing-videos, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar as "the girl with the bag full of tailgate rubberbands".

The Vertigo Packing Video is available in both PAL and NTSC. It also has far better scenery... ;)

my vertigo packing video is in the UK somewhere and I only gave it out for free if the person taking it would pass it along to the next person for free............maybe someone would like to tell me if this arrangement is still going, and if anyone else wants it in PAL then your welcome to it......... if you pass it to the next person of course......

post on http://www.basejumper.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi and i am sure the person holding it at the moment will send it too you.......

Johnny's video is cool I use his packjob,,,well taught and if it's the same as mine there is some cool jump vid at the end;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

It also has far better scenery...

I'll second that...;)

I'll third it;)

May we live long and die out

It's a good thing Jimmy is probably the least insecure person I've ever met, with everyone making comments like this about his wife...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

"It's a good thing Jimmy is probably the least insecure person I've ever met, with everyone making comments like this about his wife..."

umm...

You SAID it, we were THINKING it...

A buddy of mine had Marta measure him for a rig when she was still in FL.. He came home with a smile from ear to ear like he'd won the lottery.

-smd7

...scenery...

I've never seen that video so I thought they actually meant scenery, as in nice cliffs, trees, mountain sides, etc.:P

I'll admit I'm a little slow sometimes.;)

I thought they actually meant scenery, as in nice cliffs, trees, mountain sides, etc.

I'd swear they were talking about Jimmy! Then again, I'm from Europe. [;]

Ya'll make me LOL even ROFL!

Russel, that's just too funny. Scenery indeed...

And yes, Marta in those tiny shorts and top is a beautiful thing to behold. How someone can be so cute and so nice at the same time...it restores my faith in womanhood. (Normally cute = stuck-up.)

Jimmy, you better get those videos dubbed in a big hurry, I see a flood of orders coming down the pipe!

xo
K

They're both good videos. Johnny teaches the PRO-Stack method while Marta and Jimmy teach the PRO-Pack method.

I finally got to see a prostack packjob. It seeded to take longer, but turned out pretty damn good over all. I might try to learn it in more detail in the future.

the guy packing was claiming he "never" had anything worse than a 45, but said that was body position. He said he usually had +/-10degrees on opening....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I finally got to see a prostack packjob. It seeded to take longer, but turned out pretty damn good over all. I might try to learn it in more detail in the future.

the guy packing was claiming he "never" had anything worse than a 45, but said that was body position. He said he usually had +/-10degrees on opening....

not to turn this into a prostack vs propack debate, but I find that I have a lot more control when flat stacking, also my biggest problem is when I lay the propack down, no matter how neat it is, tiding it up makes it feel like i am just correcting a bad prostack..

make sense anyone ?

I found myself go through a couple stages... first 4-6 clamps, then just 4, then 2. Then none for about 40-50 packjobs. Now I only use 1. Yes just 1.

after I set my propack down, I bunch up the packing tabs on the leftside, then the right side and then pull the bridel connection point taught and use the clamp to hold the tabs to the bridal. When I cacoon the P/J the air doesnt force the "ears" to puff out. in short, It allows me to put the canopy in the container alot neater/prettier.

Truthfully I have taken something from every BASE packjob I have ever watched. I have used what I like and asked questions about what I disliked (and liked also)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I'm not sure if the videos from CR and BR have been updated yet but they were both made pre-tailgate....Vertigo and Johnny Utah's vids include how to use the tailgate

Cya
Sky