jmfreefly

Got Wings?

While Sangiro does in general back us up, he has "reversed" a thread deletion on occasion and he has deleted/moved threads/posts that I might have left up. I don't think he worries too much about my feelings when it comes to his website.

Hehe! :D You had me right up to the sly wink. Yes, HH probably puts his judgement about the site ahead of your feelings alright. He'll do what he thinks is the PC thing to keep building the community. In this case, that would be letting you do your thing. My opinion, yours will vary.

I liked Derek's style too, and I'm sad that he's chosen not to moderate any longer - and it was his choice, made because he has quit jumping and is not doing as much rigging as he used to.

That is a shame because he still posts often and they are always as good as ever.

This forum really needs an active rigger as a moderator.

I agree and there seem to be several regulars who would do well at it.

I haven't been an active rigger in years.

That has always been apparent and never an issue as you are a good community builder and have made the time to keep up. My observations have been that you only gave advice on topics you were well versed in, gave good advice when you gave it, and stayed away/referred things you weren't sure about.

My forte is helping people choose their gear -

Yes, and I think it is a nice followup to my comments above.

My forte is helping people choose their gear - which I feel is also a valid use of this forum.

Yes, but in my opinion choosing gear is an issue and choosing color schemes is campfire talk. I make a distiction between gear and colors. You choose to blend them together......good community building. You win, I lose.
alan

Hey, Pat Handel was visiting in Texas last Fall and told me the word around your DZ is that you write posts/reviews on canopies you hadn't jumped at the time you posted, he said it's a bit of a joke around the DZ. Was he BSing me?

Pat was a cool cat, flew in for the AOT boogie, rumor has it that a couple people left his Tripacer in the early morning;). What he said, I don't know, but the one thing I do know is that I don't post about something I don't know about personally. Thus, if someone thinks I'm not being truthful, that's their opinion. Honestly, at the last AOT boogie, I wouldn't know, I was so busy doing tandems and USPA Coached jumps, I wouldn't have noticed or cared.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The red one looks a little pregnant on the bottom. Is the canopy bigger than what it is designed for?

Not at all, Alan. If you look at the photo that LouDiamond posted of himself, me, Jari, and I in our matching rigs and our BirdMan suits at Eloy, it might give you a better idea. Jari and I have identical-sized rigs. Both have Sabre2 97's and PD 106 reserves. Our second rigs (same size, W1-2) hold Velocity 79's and PD 106 reserves. As to the "pregnant" look, I toy around a bit with how I close the rig. Sometimes I pack it pin to grommet, sometimes grommet to BOC (dynamic corners, so it really doesn't matter). I find it opens just fine either way. I am incredibly happy with these containers.

Thanks again. Seems like a nice option and worth the sacrifice in appearance/packing to improve bag extraction into the low pressure the BM suit creats. Function over style.

It's just a bit more work, Alan, to get the bottom of the container clean. It's more of a pain in the ass on cold, dry days, but the added safety that comes from the open corners is way more important to me than if I get a bit sloppy on my closing job.

Peace,

Chuck

I don't always have time to follow every thread,

Yet you have time to pick this thread to death? I don't understand why you care SO MUCH about threads like this that don't go along with your idea of "Gear and Rigging". I understand you don't think it belongs here, but that is not your choice to make. If you don't like the thread or you don't find it useful to you, don't read it. ;) There is plenty of useful information to all kinds of people in every different kind of thread posted in this forum. If its of no importance to you, then move on to another thread. If you have such a problem with the way the forum is moderated, perhaps you should see if you can become a moderator yourself. :)

My beautifull rig...made for a BIG reserve and a small main...218/149....

and to add some good to this thread..this is one of the benefits of sunrise rigging. Henri will make just about any size combo you want. with this rig it is tight with a 149 in it so I can go easily down to a 120 if I want in the future.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Exactly. Hey alan, I scratched my head as to where to post, and this was my best guess. If it didn't belong here, I figured it would get moved. No big deal, I took my best shot at it.

And second. If you don't like the thread, don't read it! Simple as that. I am sure you could figure out the nature of the thread from the first post.

No worries though, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

j

here's a pic of my fist wings w-13-1 (i'm going on my third now, it will be here next week hopefully)

this poor rig has been through hell, i've put about 500 or so jumps on it. and she's still going strong. but it went through me learning how to swoop, which was ugly, when no one was around to teach you how, you tend to crash a lot when you go big and don't know how :P, and being like 14 and invisible didn't help either.

later

Damn it!!!! EVERYONE keeps stealing my blue/black colourscheme (I mean the way it's laid out, not just the colours).

What scheme's your next rig going to be, mate?

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

it will be the same layout as my current rig *the black one. but the main flap strips and pin stripes will be different.

i can't remember exactly, but it's something like blue, matalic silver, blue, black, matalic silver. or something. i can't remember. and blue main pin flap.

i'll post a pic as soon as i get it in.

later

I saw this in the Gallery at the wings website and got one exactly like it. I love it. I Have ordered a suit using the same disgn, should arrive any day.

THATS MY CONTAINER !!!!!
(we must jump together!)

A bunch of people have rigs identical to that. You could do a big-way. It was a hit.

I have a Wings too. (of course!) I don't even get paid to say I love mine anymore....but I still do! :)
I'll find a photo somewhere. Or, I'm in the 8-way Wings ad in Skydiving and Parachutist. Some nice-looking rigs in that ad.

Alright chumps, let's do a team then!B|

Even though mine isn't black but navy, check out my matching suit! (Freakin' Suit, Navy with red/yellow TD...)B|B|
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Ran across this pic of 3 of 8 the Wings at our dz (bkdice, myself, and Cat), and figured I'd post it.

Anybody else got good pics of their Wings?

Hundreds. Luckily, both my rigs are featured in the new Wings poster and handout.

The Ext is the best rig I've ever jumped, period. But then, I am biased.