jmfreefly

Got Wings?

i'll have to go grab mine and take a pic of it.

edit: ok, i lied. i forgot that i alreay popped open the reserve. and it wont' be packed back up until the new rig comes in (should be the 11th, so not too long) and i have to have an 8 year service done on my cypres. [:/]

later

Cool thread of pics.

"The Dropzone Gear and Rigging forum is where you can discuss any gear related questions and issues. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using and how. "

I wonder what the question or issue is that brings it into the Gear and Rigging Forum.
alan

Yeah, well...I'm sort of a large guy.

There was actually an interesting thread about that, people going nutz thinking I had a rig w/ a 100sq ft canopy, when I first got my rig and posted a pic.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There was actually an interesting thread about that, people going nutz thinking I had a rig w/ a 100sq ft canopy, when I first got my rig and posted a pic.

haha, send that pick to ankie, they should have a contest to see if anyone can guess what size canipies are in there.

later

Here ya go...

Quick question and a way to get the thread back onto a gear and rigging topic to make the powers that be happy ;)!! Does anybody else notice/have a "catch" in the bottom corners of the reserve tray. What I mean by catch is that the corners of the reserve tray are not sewed in, maybe a 1/4 to 1/2". Not "in" the reserve tray but at the top of the main pack tray in the riser channel. This leaves a little catch or ledge I can feel with my finger. I am carefull about not getting the riser and the lines under the catch as it could cause a twist as the bag is commmming off my back. I will get a picture tonight.. It is a new rig and I do not know if it is part of the design or not. I had someting similar on a old Javelin I had and just packed accordingly. Just curious....

Scott C.

Edited to show what I am askig about. Again not a huge deal but curious if anybodyelse sees this...
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Or, you could just download the pics that people are posting.

oh, with their permission of course. You have my permission.

ah i already downloaded about all of about 3 and sent the to her already. so if you don't want your pic on the wings site you better speak up now.

later

Wow.. that looks very wierd to me. I would have to double check my rigs (if it ever gets unpacked with this crappy cold nasty weather) to see if they have this. My recollection is that they don't. I believe bkdice's rig also doesn't have that.

My first reaction is that it is a sewing error, but I would have to compare them side to side... How old is the rig?

Do those pics have the reserve packed, or unpacked? If it is empty, the shape can be significantly different.. My first wings has a little bit of an 'overhang' into the main pack tray, but nothing like that.. My newer wings is much more 'straightwalled'.

Is there a 'hole' into the reserve tray at the corners?

j

Here's mine. I make apologies for the carpet, it was taken in a hotel honest!

Jumped for the first time on Jan 1st, I love it. It's not just the rig, its the customer service that comes with it, FANTASTIC.

I was once told that packing a new canopy was really hard, I find packing mine into the wings really easy. I have a 150 sabre2 and yet the container is smaller than friends 135 and 120 javelins. Wierd, any idea why??????

:)