jmfreefly

Got Wings?

I jump a 5-2ext with a xfire 129 and a speed 135!

oh, and a 8-2ext with a sabre 150 and a speed 150!

wow. what's up with Wings container sizing?
I have a wings w8-2 ext as well, and a PD126R is a brick in it. and 120 main is definitely the biggest i could fit in it (97-107 was a much better fit)

wow. what's up with Wings container sizing?

wow. what's up with assuming the all canopies have the same pack volume for the same size?

Speed 2000 technical data 266 cubic inch

PD reserve manual, see page 57 296 cubic inch

so the Speed 2000 - 150 packs smaller than the PD126R according to the manufacturers

and 120 main is definitely the biggest i could fit in it

what kind of 120? maybe the other guy is just a more talented packer?

That's one of the big advantages of the Speed 2000 - it uses a rather new fabric which packs smaller/tighter (if you want to call 6+years on the market "rather new").
Canopies can vary significantly in packing volume, I used to jump a Paratec Faqtor 120 (326 cui IIRC) and now jump a Crossfire2 119 - which packs at 275 (or 270 something). Factors may be reinforcing tapes etc. that add to overall material (vo;ume) but not surface area.
If you'd like to know more it may be worth starting a new thread, as this wouldn't really have anything to do with the Wings rigs people own anymore. ;)

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

An updated pic of everything that got assembled yesterday. Hasn't even been jumped yet!

Wings Vision W-8. B|

PS-- this is a little off topic, but has anybody else been effected by the service bulliten they just put out? I was going to have my rigger take the plasic out of the main closing flap yesterday and we decided to hold off. [:/] I don't know what to do.

------ Edited to add --------
Another question... has anybody had problems with stiff ring covers? I feel like mine are so stiff and broad that even when I'm not moving they are hurting the inside part of my arm where they are rubbing up against it. I'm a little bruised just by taking it on and off at the rigger yesterday!

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Now on its way..... What do you guys think?

Says who?

You got to be kidding if you think i am giving you the guy i grew up with this rig before i slide it in a few times.

Seriously, i think it looks really good, exactly how we imagined it. The tye-dye came out well and the pattern kind of looks like a phoenix sort of logo or an angel or something.

Maybe we should not have gone with the pinstripes but that is just a matter of difference i think.

Anyway nice rig bro. I just need to think if you owe me any money from the days when we were teenagers before i send it to you. I'm sure you owe me some gas money from back in the day or something.;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

An updated pic of everything that got assembled yesterday. Hasn't even been jumped yet!

Wings Vision W-8. B|

PS-- this is a little off topic, but has anybody else been effected by the service bulliten they just put out? I was going to have my rigger take the plasic out of the main closing flap yesterday and we decided to hold off. [:/] I don't know what to do.

------ Edited to add --------
Another question... has anybody had problems with stiff ring covers? I feel like mine are so stiff and broad that even when I'm not moving they are hurting the inside part of my arm where they are rubbing up against it. I'm a little bruised just by taking it on and off at the rigger yesterday!

Haven't done anything regarding the service bulletin yet...want to hear more opinions on this...

As far as the stiff ring covers...I had the same issue when I got my wings. Put about 40 jumps on it at skyfest and by the end, not only did the rings not bug me anymore but the whole thing fit like a glove! It's just the rig being new and stiff...put a bunch of jumps on it and see if it still bugs you.

YEEESSS!!!.... Finally in my greasy little hands is a Brand new wings rig :)
Thanks bigway for everything!!!Its a SICK little rig!!......And dropping it off as well!...I hope you extend that service to all your customers:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Wings Vision. W1-2. EXT. Velocity 90 main, Optimum113 reserve. I have a Wings W1-3 with a 109-M reserve and a Xaos 89 main, but that thing is 5 years old is is so well used.

My new vision is a work of art. Cut in laterals, spacer foam, dual pillows, articulated, you name it. It fits like a glove and is about an inch shorter then my Wings-3. Both these rigs are so small I could forget I had them on.

These rigs are so nice, Thats why I'm a dealer.

Edited by amazingly hot and fabulous fiancee to include pictures.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.