jmfreefly

Got Wings?

Very very nice white wings container... always the best looking.

Just curious, how would one go about PLFing on such a nice container? Can you clean them or would it be doomed to eventually turning into a brown/green mess?

Very very nice white wings container... always the best looking.

Just curious, how would one go about PLFing on such a nice container? Can you clean them or would it be doomed to eventually turning into a brown/green mess?

Normally.

Scotch Guard makes mud less likely to get absorbed and the rig can be washed after it gets dirty.

Sliding in and really grinding dirt+grass into white leg straps is a different story though; they'll always be a bit stained after you do that.

I wasn't able to order my Wings a few months ago when I wanted, but am going to within the next few weeks. Was thinking of one of hte attached colour schemes, for the simple minimalistic style. Liked the look of them until it was pointed out that the coloured bits could possibly be seen to look like a penis! Now I'm not sure about getting this colour scheme!!! Am I just being paranoid and it'll be ok once made, or will I end up being known as the guy with the penis rig?!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

So the red bottom part of the container, with the red main flap and red centre midflap stripe doesn't have the look too much like a penis?! I hate the person who pointed it out to me. I didn't see it at all once I made the design, but now it's all I see!!!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

My choice would be the one top center.

Looks very nice overall. Maybe that dude who said that just said it because he's a D*ckhead? ;)
Dont worry man...

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

A slightly modified version of top centre made it to the final two, along with bottom centre which are in the attached file.

In the end I went for the modified one, which is the one on the right in the file.

15-16 weeks and I should have my brand new Wings, Pilot and Smart!
:ph34r:

I just got a new vision in a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can get it assembled soon! B|B|

PS-- I wanted to add that I LOVE the back/leg padding they are offerering now. For anybody who is ordering a new one soon, it's well worth the money!!!!

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Bollocks. Just realised I put the wrong image in my last post. My rig is the one on the right of this attached file. But it will be a vision, not a regular wings. :S

Finally got my wings yesterdayyyyy!!!!!

I'm ecstatic about it. Unpacked and repacked a few times, checked it over...walked around the house in it for a while haha. It's my first rig, and custom at that. Super happy.

About 14 weeks wait total but it was worth. It feels very comfy and I can't wait to jump it next week.

Got some of the following bells 'n whistles:

3d spacer foam
articulated harness
rsl
partial tie-dye
kill-line zp pc
hook knife on mudflap

Hope you guys like the design!

Not sure how the attachment thing works so here are a few links if the images don't attach right:

http://djandrewgarcia.com/personal/rig/1.JPEG
http://djandrewgarcia.com/personal/rig/2.JPEG
http://djandrewgarcia.com/personal/rig/3.JPEG

Absolutely love the black and white... but what's with the fluro green marbling ;)

Just curious, as I've nearly achieved my A and looking at buying a new rig soon... what size container/canopies did you get?

Did you "estimate" what you would downsize to in 14 weeks, or were you jumping that size when you placed the order?

Absolutely love the black and white... but what's with the fluro green marbling ;)

Just curious, as I've nearly achieved my A and looking at buying a new rig soon... what size container/canopies did you get?

Did you "estimate" what you would downsize to in 14 weeks, or were you jumping that size when you placed the order?

fluro green marbling = awesome tie-dye! i think it compliments the rig :P

the container harness is custom made to my measurements and is considered a W12 i believe (still need to write down my s/n's and details before SkyFest). the main I have is a 160 Triathlon and I also have a 172 Amigo reserve.

there is plenty of space to downsize. I am currently packing with my d-bag lines down rather than towards the bottom. If i downsize I can just place the d-bag the "regular" way. and if i downsize even more I can just shorten up the closing loop as needed.

when i sent them the order I was jumping a 189 saffire 2, but I had purchased the triathlon already and was working towards jumping it. on the order form I specified the 160 for my main so they could design with that in mind. manufacturers know that we downsize relatively quickly in our first couple of hundred jumps so it's taken into account with the design.

My advice would not be to "estimate" anything. I would seriously jump rental gear until you found something you were comfortable on and could see yourself jumping for a little while. My friend bought brand spankin' new gear after he got his A license, and by the end of the year and 3-400 jumps later, he was stuck with 220 square foot of canopy above his head because he didn't want to get rid of the new gear that matched his custom suit and all. Not only that, but you also don't want to buy gear you'll "grow into." Don't let buying new gear make you downsize too fast and hurt yourself. You'll also be able to jump different manufactueres and different canopies while renting gear, and this will help you decide what you want to spend the big bucks on when you order your own.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

My advice would not be to "estimate" anything. I would seriously jump rental gear until you found something you were comfortable on and could see yourself jumping for a little while. My friend bought brand spankin' new gear after he got his A license, and by the end of the year and 3-400 jumps later, he was stuck with 220 square foot of canopy above his head because he didn't want to get rid of the new gear that matched his custom suit and all. Not only that, but you also don't want to buy gear you'll "grow into." Don't let buying new gear make you downsize too fast and hurt yourself. You'll also be able to jump different manufactueres and different canopies while renting gear, and this will help you decide what you want to spend the big bucks on when you order your own.

Yeah it's a pickle of a situation...

I'm just thinking... 100 - 150 jumps a year.

Container for 190 / 170 (170 being 1.0 wingloading for my weight).

Safe on the 190 off A with coaching, 170 is a nice sized canopy to cut my teeth for a few hundred jumps.

I got no need to go fast, I got really buggered joints (knee's/ankles) from previous sports.

All the new guys at my dropzone though are hammering through the canopy sizes... 170 after A, straight to 150 ~50 jumps, looking at going at a 120 soon after that.

They keep telling me I'll regret buying such a large container...

Well back to the drawing board, still got A LOT to think about... and a lot of trying different canopies.

Just ignore me, I'm talking gibberish ;)

My advice is to buy second hand for the first 100 or so jumps and when youre ready to downsize you can buy custom. The money you save on rental gear will go towards new gear and if you take care of your used rig it will maintain most of its resale value and it also can go towards your new gear.

At 25 per rental x 100 jumps is 2500 towards new gear minus 1500 you paid for the used (which you can resell for 1000 to 1200) you will most definitely come out ahead. "Rental" for the first year of jumping will be ~300-500 instead of 2500 that is just gone...

Another bonus is after being around for a while you will have time to feel out gear, demoing new canopies and other gear. Jumping a demo after you have experience in the sport will be more meaningful to you than jumping different canopies and not having the knowledge base to discern the difference between canopy A and B.

Good luck!!