jmfreefly

Got Wings?

Just curious, what does everyone think of Wing's risers?

I need a new pair and am thinking of ordering some Wings.

I'm currently "meh" about the risers on my wings. The top toggle stow tab isn't stitched all the way down to the grommet, so it seems like it's developing a bit of a set where the toggle goes through the cats eye.

I originally disliked the tight elastic stow, until a brilliant local rigger pointed out a trick to stow the excess. Simply stow the excess before inserting the bottom toggle keeper, so that the riser remains flexible enough to bend lengthwise creating slack in the elastic. Once he pointed this out, I liked the stowing method more than others because it seems more secure.

Infinity risers are generally well regarded from what I've heard. They seem well made, and have an interesting toggle where the keeper tabs are just a piece of the toggle webbing doubled up and folded, so that when you remove the toggles from the stows, the keepers disappear, I believe to keep stuff from getting snagged on them.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

I'm in the process of trying to get a colour scheme sorted for my soon to be ordered Wings... to help me to that end, does anyone have a decent picture of a Wings with yellow and/or neon yellow cordura?

Thinking about having some yellow on mine, but don't know which will look better.

Cheers!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Just curious, what does everyone think of Wing's risers?

I need a new pair and am thinking of ordering some Wings.

The stowing of the excess brake line is the only bad thing i have to say about the whole rig!! ( but i am quickly getting used to it) The dive loops however are awesome!!

What is it that you don't like about them? I thought it was a bit tricky to get the line in there at first, but after a couple of pack jobs I found it very easy to use.
Less talking, more flying.

Here' s mine...
It's a W5-2 ext with the combination of a Crossfire2 129 & a Speed2000 135 reserve (which packs like a PD 106R)!
Ankie and the staff have done a fantastic job and Scarlett seems to be the right person in her footsteps...
Have a closer look at the trim tape thingy!
Wings is just great and I'm about to order a 2nd container these days.

BlueS