dgskydive

Post your Infinity

Thanks for the comments! :)
I dont really have a name for the riser covers, just sort of a homebrew concoction that I wasnt really sure would look ok.

I've got the digitized files, so just put it down in your special instructions and I'll get you squared away!

-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Well damn Tony, too late, you should actually be almost done with my rig by now...can't wait. You wouldn't happen to be willing to send me some sneak peek photos would you?
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Well damn Tony, too late, you should actually be almost done with my rig by now...can't wait. You wouldn't happen to be willing to send me some sneak peek photos would you?

Hmm... I would give your dealer a call and ask where it is, as it is done and gone. Then you can post your own spy shots in this thead :P
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Ok, I've seen a lot of sexy rigs in this thread, but I'm still coming up short. I just ordered an Aerodyne Pilot in "Margarita Green" and "Carbon", and I can't think of a good looking way to make that color scheme. If anyone feels so inclined, I'd be open to suggestions on Infinity designs. I'm thinking green, gray, and black overall but that's not important.
I'll be whatever I want to do!

FINALLY got my rig. I have added pictures of the party pockets for those of you who had no idea what they are. Matter of fact, it's the first rig I'VE seen w/ them as an option.

Some Notes:
1)The infinity embroidery on the reserve flap was replaced with a Germanic rune that is on both my Gear bag and a tattoo on my back.
2)Party Pockets
3)Floating laterals
4)Stainless Hardware
5)Solid Sex in a container.

Also I have attached a picture of the tattoo that they were molded after.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I may not be a rigger, but I have done enough research on gear to know that the Infinity is most definitely not a copy of a Vector or Jav... Do some research and actually look at the rigs side by side and differences will become readily apparent.

Oh, and Sangi, if you want people to give you a pleasant response you should perhaps consider wording your questions in a way that won't come off with a negative connotation:S

I may not be a rigger, but I have done enough research on gear to know that the Infinity is most definitely not a copy of a Vector or Jav... Do some research and actually look at the rigs side by side and differences will become readily apparent.

Oh, and Sangi, if you want people to give you a pleasant response you should perhaps consider wording your questions in a way that won't come off with a negative connotation:S

When you look at Infinity from the back at the sides by the reserve, their curves look like Vector's and the main closing flap looks like Javelins...

What's so negative about a container that might have similarities to others?!

People are offended by such stupid minor things these days it's becoming really scary :S

Edit: Look at the attachment, no other rig bares such resemblance to vector and javelin...
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Wow, you are nit picking....you can add about six more rigs to your list if thats what you're after....did you ever notice that all car hinges are about the same,,,cars are very similar but yet very different,,,so whats your ultimate point ? Most of us notice similarities but don't wig out....
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Wow, you are nit picking....you can add about six more rigs to your list if thats what you're after....did you ever notice that all car hinges are about the same,,,cars are very similar but yet very different,,,so whats your ultimate point ? Most of us notice similarities but don't wig out....

I don't have an ultimate point. Just pointing out the similarities which I haven't seen between other rigs :)
On the other hand, I don't get it why are you so raged up about this?

I'm not saying that infinity sucks am I?

I don't have an ultimate point. Just pointing out the similarities which I haven't seen between other rigs :)
On the other hand, I don't get it why are you so raged up about this?

I'm not saying that infinity sucks am I?

Your questions for the most part are annoying as they stink from lack of thinking and even basic research. Like those "whats best gear" threads that appear every few days.

The main pin cover is similar on Vector3 and Wings and Mirage and Voodoo.

the reserve pin cover is similar on mirage/infinity
the reserve container/cover is similar on wings/javelin

blah blah...

toyotas and hondas and even most amercan cars have 4 weels, and most have a battery on the same side when you open the hood. Are they copycats ? Or perhaps some things are just industry standard because of their practicality ?

Guys, guys........ This thread has gone on for more then 5 years with out any bickering. So let's not start it now.

Sangi, there are many many differences between the 3 rigs. I have never heard anyone say they look alike in the past and suggest you get your hands on one and really look. They are all good rigs, but very different especially when you get down got the details of them.

To other peoples point about cars having similar parts and pieces. It is true that all rigs have similiarities. There is only so many ways to build a rig.

Maybe Kelly can jump in and explain to you just how different his rig is and maybe even some of the similarities for you.
Dom

Hi Sangi,

OK, let's look at the photos & where you have circled things in yellow.

1. The reserve flaps on the Infinity & the Vector III are very different. The reserve flaps close in very dissimilar sequences on these two rigs. The Infinity top reserve flap tucks into the bottom reserve top flap ala Icon, Mirage, Wings & others throughout the world. The Vector III top reserve flap folds back under the two side flaps and does not tuck into the bottom reserve flap.

2. If my memory serves, the original Infinity ( designed when Larry Chernes owned Northern Lite ) had the main flaps in this manner before the Javelin was developed. Again, there are numerous rigs throughout the world that close/look like this.

Just my old two cents on this . . . .

JerryBaumchen

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Infinity and I'm definitely not stating that it's a bad container in any way.

Just noticed some similarities with Vector and Javelin so I pointed them out... And yes, you're absolutely right, there are many similarities between other containers as well, it's just that Infinity seemed like a hybrid of Vector and Javelin, so yeah, case closed :P

Thanks for the info as well guys :)