Terminal-V

so what does it feel like?

Hey guys,

so what does it feel like when you push off? I did a search and didnt find anything helpfull. is it like a drop from a roller coaster or does that not even compare to a base jump. I dont plan on doing it untill I have a lot more skydives but never to soon to learn about stuff. does anyone suggust a few heli jumps or baloon jumps to get use to the feeling. do these even feel simular or is the base feeling completely differant?

thanks everyone,
-mike

how do you explain the feeling of sex to a person who never tryed?

how do you desribe the feeling about a skydive to some one who never tryed?

As Tom said you should try a ballon(i say even as i never jumped one),but i still urgt that you wont be feeling that scared aswell as you will jumping off an fixed object..(Perhaps if you know your packjob is so poorly packed as you´ll need your reserve but still not all the same;))

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think it was John Vincent who tried to explain to MTW early 1990´ies!

"It is like an car accident and sex at the same time"

That's great:D. On the subject, there is an incredible amount of focus for me when I commit, I would almost say like meditating (though I have never meditated). It's like I don't think words, I'm just aware, it's amazing.

Ditto, I feel the say way. Right before I am in a 'zone'... like total concentration. When I jump, the initial instant feels almost like time stops. It's just amazing. Like total freedom.
Jen
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

thats the dopamine realasing into your system. junkies. get help.
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Here's my take on it, bearing in mind that I only have one balloon jump and four BASE jumps total. For me, apart from the exit, they were vastly different animals.

I loved the quietness of the balloon and the way you can hear the air begin to rush as you accelerate towards terminal. But the difference between the view at 3000 feet and 465 feet is indescribable. A balloon jump is a novely skydive, that's all.

I could hear blood rushing in my ears above the trucks and cars when i climbed over the railing on the bridge for the first time. I had been quiet for the walk up and i think the only other words i'd said was when i asked six or seven times if my mate had a firm grip on my pilot chute. (I was PCA'ing).

I turned to face the river below me, focused on keeping my head high and pushed off. I can't say there was too much going through my mind but I'll never forget the sound of the canopy opening and how i felt afterward. I did three more hand helds that weekend and each one made my legs quiver a little more when i landed. Good stuff.

PS. I can only find one word to describe watching Rauk go off the plank on a double gainer, Zen.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

It feels like HOT APPLE PIE!
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Only the junk helps. Where the F*%K are you Abbie, get out here already.