base570

Good Luck!

Can't wait to try again...

On the treck home, we stopped at our local A. If the conditions were like that over the weekend, we would have been popping champagne in celebration. Oh well, till next time... stay safe and track hard ;)

;) Right on. This was a great trip just for me to see at least 3 generations of BASE jumpers from all over. Joy and I see all these names on BASE applications and on the Zone, but it was cool to connect a few faces with names. Everyone was positive and after an hour of dirt dives it even convinced an old fart like me that we had good air and good separation. Utah did a great job. Also thanks to an old friend for putting us up. You just can't fool mother nature. It was a good time and a great task to get this many folks together.
Rick Harrison

...Although it was disappointing that Mom decided not to let us jump meeting everyone,and seeing everyone again was well worth the trip!
Next time!
Werd!
~J:)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

What I learned from the trip:
1. It gets cold on the top of an antenna at night.
2. Drinking beer at 8am is a great way to start the
morning, or in our case, end the day.
3. When a group of chemically imbalanced people (ie.
ADD, OCD, CRAZY, etc.) are put together, something
great is going to happen.
4. Campfires rock!

Other than that I had a blast meeting everyone. Much thanks to the hospitality of the locals and the organizers who put this shindig together.

Doug

edit: Location reference removed. If this may be attempted again, best to keep it as under cover as possible. ~TA

Definitely a surreal fun trip even though mother nature wasn't too cooperative. Thanks to the organizers and our host for all their efforts. Great meeting everyone.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Thanx to everyone who helped me in a time of violent sickness:(. Everyone was very understanding. Aside from that, I had a blast!! Next time we'll all be on the look out for the elusive yet vomit seeking picklefish. Thanx to all. Jeff

Hey you should keep that airsickness bag I gave you in the pocket of your rig...never know when it might come in handy......unless it's been used that is;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

sorry I couldn't have been there due to prior arrangments.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

There are people on here trying to post as if they too had been invited to the 40 way. I tried to comment on it but was scolded and my post removed by Tom. We know who was invited and who wasn't.

Im going to Blink and Sonic Beef.com and post the whole story.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Rather than let this devolve into yet another rehashing of the LeroyDB saga, I'm going to lock this thread.

I'm rather tired of policing this.

John, if you persist in trying to bring this up on this forum, I will ban you.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com