unclecharlie109

Wingsuit flying articles

Really good articles, thanks Robi.

However, just a small comment on the second part, at the end...

Wingsuits have already been analyzed in horizontal wind tunnels.
Patrick De Gayardon and later on Adrian Nicholas have been testing Patrick's design in the wind tunnel of the research center ONERA in France.
Few years ago some students of a French aeronotic school made experiments with Loic Jean-Albert on his monowing design.

I was trying to put my hand back on the reports from the students but couldn't find them anymore...
Damn Internet..

Again, good work and thanks for pulling the sports higher!

Julien.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

:)I know that, also, there was even more than that and there is some testing which is going on right now around . My point is that to get really useful data, testing requires lot more preparation than mainly all those testing which have been done so far. Reasons, I express in article.
WS which you can see now on the market (and those in testing) already out flying those which have been tested in tunnel back then by far.

WS design is science and passion more than anything else now days.
So let’s hope we going to have better and better WS every year ;)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Hi robert :)
Got your point :)
I am myself into canopy testing and I know how hard it is to do test that would provide usefull data.

Now that I think about it there might be more possibilities to test wingsuits... have to investigate that ;)

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

I am just returning from the PIA symposium. The french wingsuit wind tunnel results (with Loic's suit) were presented. Very detailed, and quite interesting.

I wish someone would get the V-1 into a wind tunnel. Maybe we can convince the French military that they ought to give Phoenix Fly a big grant to fund the research?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com