ultraviolet

Pilotclimbing

In this sport the participant " climbs or hikes " with a ram air wing system . Upon finding or arriving at a suitable launch site , participant then chooses preferred method of launch . Launches and subsequently becomes a ram air wing pilot , flying the system safely to the ground below .:ph34r:

I meant "foot launch" sorry to confuse the two.

please explain...because I've recently invented this sport called "Aircraft Jumping" and I wouldn't want anyone to confuse that with anything else, either.

mh

In this sport the participant " climbs or hikes " with a ram air wing system . Upon finding or arriving at a suitable launch site , participant then chooses preferred method of launch . Launches and subsequently becomes a ram air wing pilot , flying the system safely to the ground below .:ph34r:

You described the first days of training for many Paraglider pilots.

First one learns ground control by Inflating, deflating, aka Kiting.
At a training hill for practice some pilots will Kite-hike their wings up the hill. This not only enhances kiting skills, but it makes the hike up much easier. Once you reach the top, your already clipped in and ready to fly.

Who knows when the first ascent and descent was made with a RAM-Air. I'd bet it goes way back...

Motherhuckers comment, sums it up!

photo attached: Paraglider inflating for launch.
Josh Morell
www.imagethisphoto.com

This idea was just for fun . It does describe paragliding , BASE and ground launching sports all in one .

On another note: does anyone know where the line is drawn between what constitutes a paraglider from say a skydiving parachute, BASE or ground launching canopy ?

To draw a line between them becomes a little bit difficult after you see this website.
www.paraflite.com/html/paris.html

Skydiving, the father of soooo many sports...

I call that thing the 'Skyglider'. Merge the words skydive and paraglider to get, Skyglider.
Hopefully they have designed a harness that is more comfortable than a typical skydiving rig. Could you fly your rig for 30 minutes or more? Maybe they can start merging paragliding and Skydiving rigs for a more comfortable canopy ride???

Anyone round here jumped one of these? I'd love to get feedback...

Cya,
Josh Morell
www.imagethisphoto.com