JustRelax

Do I really need inside leg grippers?

Do I really need inside leg grippers?

I am ordering a combination suit which is freefly but with grippers so I can still do some basic RW. I have thought that I don't need inside leg grippers...haven't seen them used in any videos of RW, so are they necessary? What's your view?

Depending on your size and the cut of your suit, you might find that a RW cut is too fast in freefly for you. Grippers can also make it harder to learn hot to sitfly. Freefly grippers tend to be much flatter and less grippy then their RW counterparts.

Have you talked to the manufactor and some local RW and Freefly jumpers about your choice?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

In my personal experiance there really is no such thing as a good freefly/ Rw suit. I feel it is best to get the right tools for doing that disapline. So, decide which you would want more and get it. I feel for RW that a suit with booties and inside grippers is best. I also found that the larger grippers are better
Kirk

I am ordering a combination suit which is freefly but with grippers so I can still do some basic RW.

Havingworked for a jumpsuit manufacture for 4 years and been in gear sales for 5 years I can honestly say anyone I know who has tried this has been unhappy with the results.

Don't short change it. Get the Rdub suit, and use sweat pants and sweatshirts till you can afford the FF suit.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

They cost like 20 bucks right? Get them, they are worth it.

As for a combination suit...do like someone already said..Get an RW suit and just wear loose clothes for FF.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

ok i just have to back up everyone else on this one and save you some trouble man. Do NOT get a combo suit. you want something to work for both RW and freefly...? well a combo suit doesn't work well for anything. I agree with everyone else here, you should get an RW suit and freefly in some baggy sweats. Besides, there's a lot to be said for refining your belly skills before freefly... (not trying to open a debate here, just sayin.)
as for inside grips, eh, if you plan on being a hardcore belly competitor you will use them eventually, but I doubt you need them now (according to your profile.)

just my 2 cents

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Thanks for the avice. I am talking with the supplier to change from a combo to an RW style...will still have some bagginess, I think because I am 95 kg.
Don't think I need booties because I dont plan to be hard core RW.

Why not add booties on later if I get more into RW late?

haven't seen them used in any videos of RW

This is a Cataccord. The two guys on the right are the "cat" part of it. Note you could use the outside grippers for this, but by using one of the inside and one of the outside, you can offset and maintain eye contact.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

You may want to think about the booties again. They can help add more drag and slow your fall rate as well as help you to turn and get that little bit of extra distance when you are tracking.

Why not add booties on later if I get more into RW late?

It is hard and will cost you more to have the booties added on later. There are ones out there that you can add on later but they don't always seem to work real well.
Dom

If you're still not convinced: listen to me ;): get your booties now! Even if you don't plan on going hardcore RW, why make things hard for yourself (and your RW-buddies)?
And I know it makes a huge difference, I finally added booties to my suit after a long time.
I had to give so much input before, now it seems almost like a subconscious thing to make a turn.