Teixido

So you want to get into base?

dude, i would like to know you config: did you do direct only, or indirect, come on man give me something............ what PC did you have and what config?

Give him time. He'll answer.

Edit: My choice would have been shallow brakes, indirect control only, 42" AV pilot chute, 4 second delay. After considering the object delay requirements, I would have likely opted to jump slider down.

He did.

Ace 240 loaded at .78

Slider up

Shallow brakes.

Edit: Oops... .78 not .75

that tells me nothing............. i want more detail!!!! :P

god I am so anal sometimes!!! hehhehhehehee

how high is the thing to impact?

could you accsess the walkway you missed(you see it on the video) so it could be jumped lower??

yes im weired,its al about not using sliders:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

yes im weired,its al about not using sliders

Then why not take a 3 second slider down delay from the top? ;)

Edit: My choice would have been shallow brakes, indirect control only...

Why shallow brakes? I thought you should always use deep brakes when jumping E's or B's due to strike possibilities.

Why shallow brakes? I thought you should always use deep brakes when jumping E's or B's due to strike possibilities.

surely jumping slider up means you jump a more shallow break setting than Slider down? unless you are doing some lower freefalls slider down with nice landing areas where a shallow break setting is better than the deep setting?

anyone like to comment?

PS) on the thread subject - can you please answer about direct / indirect and PC size?

brake settings are more geared toward whether slider up or slider down due to the distance the control lines travel slider down (Line release mod) compared to slider up - rather than the actual object being jumped..............

there are instances of people jumping slider down with the shallow break setting on lower opening jumps due to the canopy flight and opening height............

dude

thanks for posting that videoclip

it should be required viewing for everyone wanting to or getting into BASE

glad you're still with us and hope you have/will heal up well

soon to be gone

Then why not take a 3 second slider down delay from the top? ;)

You know a cleaver guy once said(RIP) that you want to minimize the time under canopy as its under canopy people most likly gets killed injuryed;)

its all about safty mate:):D

besides i would probaly take it slider down in the 3+(but below 4)delay range,slider off ofcours:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

A properly configured slider down deep brake setting will often result in opening stall if used for a slider up jump.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

A properly configured slider down deep brake setting will often result in opening stall if used for a slider up jump.

>>Is that because the combo of having deep brakes & the slider up pulls that tail down so far that the canopy can't really "fly" until you release the toggles?

>>Is that because the combo of having deep brakes & the slider up pulls that tail down so far that the canopy can't really "fly" until you release the toggles?

Sort of. Essentially, the canopy can't inflate properly, so you either end up with a back sliding opening (better) or a snivel until you pop the toggles (worse--I once had this put me in the hospital). This happens when the brakes are so deep that the canopy can't open enough (or with enough force) to drive the slider down. If you are fast enough to clear the brakes and pump, you can beat this (I've seen an experienced jumper take 3 from a 770' S slider up and have to fight the toggles to get the slider down, but land ok), but if you are low, or you react slow, you can end up snivelling into the ground.

If this doesn't make any sense, I'll come back to it later. I've got the flu, so nothing is making much sense to me right now.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

>>Thanks, I think I get the gist of it. If that's the S I'm thinking of smoking it low is a bad idea if you want to make the landing area glad he made it okay. Hope you feel better!

Edit: My choice would have been shallow brakes, indirect control only, 42" AV pilot chute, 4 second delay. After considering the object delay requirements, I would have likely opted to jump slider down.

Solid object? Shallow brakes? Slider down? Four seconds?

Care to re-think that?
If your four seconds is realistic, you and your canopy would likely be in pretty rough shape as well. [:/]

You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

I know this is off the subject of the thread so feel free to split this off.

Also, I know the break settings question has been discussed here and on Blinc but I did a search and didn't find my answer, so...

Is it true then that the best setup would be to have four brake settings, two for slider up and two for slider down. In other words you’d have a shallow and a deep setting for SU and a shallow and a deep for SD. You’d have a shallower setting for jumping S’s where object strike isn’t very likely and a deeper setting for the rest where object strike is more likely. Did that make sense? Obviously some of these would be site specific but just as a general rule is this true?

How many brake settings do most people have?

Solid object? Shallow brakes? Slider down? Four seconds?

Care to re-think that?

Not really. I said "indirect control only" which refers to using indirect control of the slider. I never said anything in that configuration about leaving the slider down.

After considering the object delay requirements, I would have likely opted to jump slider down.

??

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but that is a quote from your post...

Edit: I think I getcha now...the four second delay...slder up?
...but may have opted for slider down instead?

I'll take three slider down, any day, over four up, from a "solid object"...
Short delay, low speed slider up jumps are too unpredictable for my taste...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

I'm talking about two completely different configurations. After considering the object height, object profile, horizontal seperation on opening, unpredictable heading associated with jumping slider up at that delay range... I'd opt to just do a standard slider down jump.

Edit: Four seconds slider down is definitely not recommended, but is far more common than you might suspect. I know one jumper who took five seconds slider down and didn't sustain any injuries or canopy damage. Surely that was lucky, but canopies are pretty burly. Personaly I've taken over 3.5 seconds slider down intentionally, and 4 seconds unintentionally.

whatever :
it should be required viewing for everyone wanting to or getting into BASE

So, so true... People that want to start BASE.

Should Be Shown A Few Videos of " HARSH CARNAGE "

before strapping a BASE rig on there back and jumping into the first fucking BASE FJC
they can find.
All they see is, Good positive (political Correct) Fluff crap.
Show Them... REALITY.

Should Be Shown A Few Videos of " HARSH CARNAGE "
Show Them... REALITY.

We always do. None backed out yet, but they enter with a hell of a lot more respect.

bsbd!

Yuri.

how high is the thing to impact?

could you accsess the walkway you missed(you see it on the video) so it could be jumped lower??

yes im weired,its al about not using sliders:)

The thing has about 180m of height. If you jumping it, best is either slider down, or slider up and open at the second walkway (makes a good 4 second), this also minimise the time under canopy... (Record there is 7 seconds, 5 freefall and 2 under canopy ;-))

Stay safe!