Teixido

So you want to get into base?

Getting into base is pretty easy these days but it is not all fun. Do a search on the movie; 'renes_ongeluk' on skydivingmovies.com and think it all over again.

Holy Sheep Shit Batman!!! That was U-G-L-Y!!
A few questions for my personal knowledge. Was it a vented canopy? Did the canopy stay reasonably inflated while the nose was against the concrete? It looks like a slider up, was it?? Aprox. how many twists?? Too many to reach above the twists?
And finally is he OK?!?!?!?! He sounded quite hurt but I hope that was just the wind knocked out!?! My best wishes for a speedy recovery for the jumper!!!
SabreDave

Well,after the impact the canopy was vented.Before that it was a ACE 240.The jump was slider up and the girlish sounds were real as for the several broken bones.(nose shoulder back ellbow and foot).Scared the shit out of me that a impact on half brakes is like that.do

nt know exactly how many twists.i think 0,5 but maybe it was 1,5.Time flies when youre having fun.Doing ok now made first skydives after 2 months again.If you have a dam in your backyard.DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!

Wow!! That's intense!! I am glad you are recovering well and getting back in the air! Thank you for answering those questions.
As for the girlish sounds............my friends will gladly give you a demo of what I sound like just climbing over the railing;)
No dams where I am, the only dam I have jumped was in Switzerland but not that one. It was probably my scariest jump yet or = to my first anyway.
Be well..................
SabreDave

Godverdomme, kaaskoppie!! :o

I like your description of the video : "i broke a couple off bones but rest pretty ok"

Get better soon so I can come visit you and Ferry. :)
Will

>>Looks like you got out of one twist in time to smack the wall head-on...bummer
Glad you weren't hurt too badly, but I bet that scared the hell out of you. :o
Glad to hear you're back in the air :)

OUCH... you should ask Faber to put it together with his broken leg video B|

glad you "only" had a couple of broken bones...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

were you alone on that jump?
fuck that sounded like it hurt

Nope with 2 other jumpers but it toke them 1 houre to get me to an hospital.well yours ears were not fooling you!;)

Rene, is that the horrible dutchman that was with Ferry in LB at Easter? Mate, sorry to hear that you have busted yourself. Get better. I will be back in the valley for a couple of weeks end Mar/early April. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet and jumping. Play safe, Neil :-)

Horrible dutchman???Well thank you i did make an impression.Yep thats me hope to meet you next year again.You wont regonize the new me!!

just curious, what config did you have on this jump? direct control? indirect control? packing method? PC size?

Thanks

Michael

keeping with the thread subject:

See attached:

RIP man................

Lets not always try to analyze and explain accidents like this."We" all now we are playing a game with the air and sometimes the air wins!!
I certainly did everything to prevent it!

even so, I would still like to know what your config was on this jump - just for my own over analyticial self?!

I have some questions for you, part of a slowly developing hypothesis.

What is your weight? Height? Body fat composition? What armor were you wearing at the time?

More questions but not related to the above:

Were you jumping slider up in deep brakes? That looked like around a 3 second delay. What corrective actions did you take on opening? Do you think it would have been better to take three seconds slider down rather than risk the more unpredictable heading results of a short slider up delay there?

Glad you're healing. Thanks for the video, that's good for prospective young BASE jumpers to see.

Wingload with that canopy was 0.78.I used shallow breaksetting which i prefer in a "no twist situation".I have almost 500 basejumps and cleared several 180s.Twist was high with slider entangled in it.As for my not so long arms and the small amount of time it totally surprised me.As you see I managed to clear one but not chance to turn for me.I was wearing both ellbow and knee protection and a helmet off course!And hell yes its stupid to make subterminal delays like that.I made couple off 4sec slider down jumps and they are way more safe!

I'm not implying that you made a stupid decision. Hell, I've made more than my share of... less than wise decisions.

We all think about what we're going to do if we open with linetwists. If the twist is high, your options are prett much shit with that proximity to the object.

Would you care to post your height and weight? You can PM me if you like.

ouch looks like you needed to wash them pants:D:ph34r:
Were there people on the ground or did they jump or other way got down to you?

like i said before.. i hate them sliders>:(:D

Heal fast dudeB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hell, I've made more than my share of... less than wise decisions.

yup as you didnt pmed me your adress yet:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber