badenhop

Re: [JohnnyUtah] As usual, blah blah blah.....

As usual, blah blah blah.....
It's a rhetorical question, you major wierdo.
<---- What has my avatar to do with you?
Whatever, you'll get over it.
I like being a wierdo, suits me.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Yes Avery, you are a weirdo...oh, that's right, I am too! Aren't we all weird in some way? We don't all have to think we're cool. And Avery, you going to get porked this year, finally?...just to be really weird!

Special Kaye...the girl pig!

Well, its not like I just came out and called Avery

a giant dick {which would be very fitting}

like Tree did to Miles. Tree continued to post on that same thread….hmmm.

Tom A, no disrespect to you, but I am being harassed, and I have a few things to say about it to BASEzone readers. Nevertheless, I will keep my response as polite as possible.

Since Avery Badenhop is going around superimposing little devil horns on a picture of me, and using that picture as his avatar on this public forum, then I guess I have some thoughts about it. Who wouldnt?

Quoting Avery Badenhop:
<---- What has my avatar to do with you?

How about a recap:

Mr Badenhop, after five years you are still harassing me because I wanted to distance myself from the Danzig logo.
Currently you have as your avatar, a picture of me doing a Reagan jump with devil horns drawn on it. What kind of adult uses a crayon to draws horns on someone and then puts it on the internet? Thats why I said it reminded me of that movie fatal attraction. As much as it is flattering that you have spent so much of your thoughts and feelings on me for the last five years, its creepy.

Some BASE community history - What is it all about:

5 years ago I left ill vision because of the logo being used by the team. The logo is the Danzig logo. When I joined the team I didnt know that. When I found that out I did some research about Danzig. In my research I found out that Danzig is a very satanic rock band and his message to the world is basically: Satan is god, Christ is evil, murder and rape is cool, and Satan worship.

People can like this kind of thing if they want.
I dont judge anyone, to each his own.
But for me, I want no part of it.

Here is an example of what Im talking about;
A sample of Danzigs lyrics:
[Quote]
From Danzigs ALBUM: II LUCIFUGE

Serpents of the lord
Crawling
To the will of god
Serpents of your lord
Crawling
All evil
Serpent Jesus
Snake of Christ

[Quote]
From Danzigs ALBUM: 6:66 SATAN’S CHILD

Who can you go to when your life is on the block
Who do you pray to when your darkest hours come
Turn it up
Turn it loose
Turn out the dead
Burn it up
Burn it loose
On the road of Cain
Godless
Satan's child
God don't love no Satan's child
Godless
Satan's child
God don't love no Satan's child
Godless (You see the sign up ahead)
Satan's child (All you who enter lose all hope)
God don't love no (Check my I.D., see who I am)
Satan's child (Six and six and six is my name)

Said yea
I took it standing
Broke commandments
And he tumbled like a toy
Blood
Like a crimson highway
Spreading out
From his forehead to the ground
Twist of Cain
Yea drives my brain
Yea twist of Cain
Make me come alive
'Cause it does

Many of Danzigs lyrics are about Satan worship, and murdering and raping people, but I think they are too gruesome to quote. If you want to read them for yourself, do a search for Danzig lyrics on the internet.

If someone wants to be into this kind of stuff, then my feeling is to each his/her own, as long as they respect that I dont want to be a part of it.

Avery got all salty because I wouldnt jump with that logo anymore and therefore left his team. He has been trying to get at me ever since. Instead of just giving me common respect as another human being and letting me go my own way in peace, he continues to hold a bitter grudge even five years later.

Avery, I understand that you obviously have an obsession with the Danzig logo and devil horns. Whatever. That is your business. I just cant be bothered with your Satan stuff anymore, sorry.

Im over it.
Can you please leave me alone?

~Johnny Utah

Well, if you're saying that you can choose to be on a team or not be on a team, you don't need a reason. But this argument sounds more like an ongoing hoo-rah about the logo and what it represents to you.

So, a couple of facts:

One, the Danzig logo apparently started life as a Marvel comics character. (Glenn Danzig is a big comics aficionado.)

An Interview with the Danzig Logo

Two, Glenn Danzig vehemently denies being a Satanist.

An Interview with Glenn Danzig

Not my kind of lyrics--and I can almost guarantee I wouldn't like the music they're set to--but giving credit where it's due, they are well-crafted.

As to the argument between you--whatever it's about--probably too much has been said already. But if anyone wants to have a discussion about whether artists are accountable for what their audience makes of their art, I'm in.

"Meaning is what you bring to things, not what you take from them." Lois McMaster Bujold

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Im over it.

Wow...for someone who's "over it", you still have an awful lot of "it" to rant about...:S
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

psst... anyone have any cheese?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

JohnnyUtah impersonates Reagan.
Avery impersonates Johnny impersonating Reagan with horns..

Interesting!!!
CHICKEN MAN
BASE 954

Johnny U,

The "B" Team is a non-denominational jumping group... Feel free to complete an application and I will put a personal recommendation to the committee... Or, you can start your own letter, but it can't be A, B, or C...

Let me know, and again- less bitching, more jumping!!!

PS Is there anything on here recently that relates to the actual skill of BASE jumping? Or are we just learning some basic interpersonal skills via keyboards and the internet?
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

or Z
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Well, if you're saying that you can choose to be on a team or not be on a team, you don't need a reason.
So youre saying I dont need a reason to leave a team (I agree). Does that mean its wrong for me to leave a team for a reason?

the Danzig logo apparently started life as a Marvel comics character. (Glenn Danzig is a big comics aficionado.)

The comic called Satanica (catchy tittle) by Glen Danzig.
Samhains lyrics are like Danzigs lyrics.
Like it if you want.

Glenn Danzig vehemently denies being a Satanist.

Are Satan worshipers honest people? I dont know, you tell me.

edit: Personal Attack removed. ~TA

Just a thought:

I'm pretty sure that the only people who think Avery is harrassing you are the folks who you have told, or who have read your posts on the topic.

To the rest of the world, it looks pretty harmless. In fact, I'm willing to bet the majority of the folks here had no idea what Avery's avatar was, or what additional meanings it might have, until reading your post.

At any rate, that'll all stay, so folks can hear what you think about this.

I'd prefer not to turn this thread into a Johnny v. Avery drama. Please?

And hey, I'm pretty sure Avery is fairly christian. Enough that I'm aware of it anyway, and since I'm an avowed atheist, that means quite a bit.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

A very wise man--although I did not think so at the time--once said to me: "Someone has to be the one to stop it."

In answer to your question, honest people are honest people. Some of the most dishonest, evil people I know are Christian, but that doesn't mean that all--or even most--Christians are dishonest and evil. The same applies to just about any group you want to label, including Satanists.

Heinlein said: "Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind, it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate, and quickly."

In our society, you can't go around killing people willy-nilly, and the day of the duel is long gone, but the old social form of "cutting someone dead" has its uses.

We all make mistakes, and some people find it easier to justify their mistakes than to deal with them head-on. These days, I'm not inclined to be bothered with those who wrong me, and I am equally disinclined to allow them to live rent free in my head. More important, I have learned that it is something worse than counterproductive to drag the uninvolved into my personal vendettas. (Besides which, I have enough of my own to atone for without worrying about what someone else has done, and I don't know anyone to whom that very same precept does not apply.)

But that's just me.

rl

P.S. As to reasons, no one is ever required to explain or justify the reasons for what they do, and sometimes it's better not to. On the other hand, if one does choose to take a stand, it should be with the certainty that the truism--"anything you say or do is guaranteed to offend someone somewhere"--does most certainly apply.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Hey Rhonda Lea-

I've been reading your responses for some time now, and have come to the conclusion that you are entirely too educated, well read, and intelligent to truly fit in here.

"Casting pearls to swine" although I'm not well read enough (or memory challenged) to fully reference that quote here, it seems suitable to express what I'm trying to say.

Right now Karen the Person (not Karen from BR) is on this trip about separating religion and politics, because I don't see how it's fair to force all of us to live by Christian values when we may or may not be Christian. And right when I think the melding of politics and religion has reached catastrophic proportions, HERE COMES RELIGION INTO BASE!

I think I'll go do the "Doux without a friggin' rig.

K

Matthew 7:6 NKJV
Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

shoot...you could PLF the 'doux without a rig...all the garbage at the bottom would break your fall.

Kind of like jumping out of a 3rd story window into a dumpster.

Matthew 7:6 NKJV
Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Exactly.
I remember when I was on your team. Knowing the reasons I didnt like the logo, you mocked and scorned at myself and Jesus Christ for my faith in Him. Now you say youre a Christian.
So whats up with superimposing the devil horns then?

I'd prefer not to turn this thread into a Johnny v. Avery drama. Please?

hmm...

..you mocked and scorned at myself and Jesus Christ for my faith in Him. Now you say youre a Christian.
So whats up with superimposing the devil horns then?

looks like it already has[:/]

looks like it already has

Amen. :P
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Dude, your trying to distance yourself from a LOGO??

I can understand if they were actively pursuing Satanic rituals and forcing you to participate but from what you have said that doesn't seem to be the case. Just because a group uses a particular logo doesn't mean that they follow the same path as the people who originally came up with that logo does it?
I remember hearing you preach about this 5 years ago and quite frankly I thought it was stupid then as well as now. It's a meaningless picture to 99.99% of the population. But it seems that with your help, the word of satan will spread because you just can't let it rest. What are you really doing when you post lyrics and websites that are about it???
YOU ARE PROMOTING IT!
I have never seen or heard anyone else on Ill Vision posting things like that, so why are you?
Give it up man and take the religion elsewhere. People will seek it when they want and need it not when someone else feeds it to them, unless of course they are feeble minded which is what most religions are counting on anyway right?

Jason

Avery,

Luv your work mate. You guys keep this up, it draws attention from my rantings, which I always wish I hadn't posted, after the fact. Having gotten a new A this week, I feel great. Again, keep up the good work.

You too Johnny. This is good stuff. The bitch board is BACK! Woo hoo! ;)

Later.

Thanks Tree. Congrats on the new object.
I'd like to send you an ILL VISION T-shirt for Christmas.
The biggest I have are XL, hope that will fit.
PM me with a mailing address,
I'll make sure it gets there in time to be under your TREE. ha ha.
Anybody else need an ILL VISION shirt?
PM me a mailing address by Dec. 17th,
as I'm going to the Post Office on the 18th.
EDITED FOR SIZE: please specify M, L or XL.

Tree,
Nice work on that third sister BTW... Congrats!

-Will

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I don't know either of you but someone's being a dick!

Hey, my new avatar owns!

-A
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE