Treejumps

The World Famous Miles D

It sure would suck to be famous for this[:/]

Actually, Dan is famous for many, many things, this is around the bottom of the list.
The shit you just dredged up is almost as bad as anything I've seen on this board. I am not impying you did it on purpose, as you obviously know nothing about some of the reasons this just sucks. Not just for Dan. Seriously 570, it would be very cool of you to just remove the post. Thanks.

>>It sure would suck to be famous for this<<

Dan is a catalyst and spark for many people, and never mind the technical stuff, sometimes, and thankfully so, someone comes along and says "Hey, wake up you guys." And if you can realize that to disparage the death of someone you aren't close to, is like laughing at your own brother's funeral, I'll leave it here.

Each of us effect so many others (Like in, It' s a Wonderful Life).

Merry Christmas, Everyone . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I wasn't referring to Dan, I was referring to Miles.
I did the search on Miles since he was claiming world fame. To my surprise this was the only thing that came up.
I guess what I was trying to say was that it would be unfortunate to claim 'world fame' yet only be famous for being the last person to see an amazing man alive.
Sorry if you misunderstood[:/]

I think I understood the post as it was intended. I didn't take it as disparaging, I took it as highly ironic and very sad. It also made me think of Miles in a different light.

How harsh must it have been to be in Miles' position that night? I don't know if that deserves to be called famous but it sure deserves something.

I sure feel for Miles after reading that account.

[:/]
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

I don't think that most people are too worked up about Miles using the self-appelation of "famous." It's totally in keeping with his (sort of tongue in cheek, very casual) personality. He's a very nice person, and definitely doesn't take himself too seriously.

The underlying issues have nothing to do with sponsorship or self promotion. I wish him all the best in those regards.

My concern is the flaunting of the law at precious legal objects, and the teaching of students with no skydiving experience.

Two very separate issues. One makes me laugh. One makes me cry.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hmmm, it doesn't sound like Miles had any part in the tragedy.

And I would have thought it an honor if someone like Dan Osmon considered me a close friend, and someone who he trusted and wanted to have around when he tried pushing the limits like he often did.
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

It sure would suck to be famous for this[:/]

You know Jason, Mr. BASE570, you can really say some stupid things sometimes. Very insensitive on your part. You basically dredge that up so you could add your torch to the flame fest. Do you even know Miles or are you just a feeble minded poser casting flames at someone you dont even know for something you dont even know about?

I guess what I was trying to say was that it would be unfortunate to claim 'world fame' yet only be famous for being the last person to see an amazing man alive.

Where do you get off thinking that? The article mentions Dan Osman being famous (which he was) not Miles. Miles does have some fame in the world of skydiving, swooping, and BASE, but that is because of his own accomplishments.

I would put it a little different than Nick.
VERY LAME bringing up Dan-Os last jump to disparage Miles.

edit to add: I went and got a new B last weekend...how about you.
Go jump with Leroy.
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

I have no beef with either of you

I find this borderline a personal attack...

you are both welcome to come jump with me.

edit to add: I went and got a new B last weekend...how about you. Go jump with Leroy.

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Day or night, [:/]
---------------
Peter

night, 99% are at night,

feel free not to rile me up, please and thanks...

edit to add: So are we still up for that jump or what?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

The irony of irony is that it is rarely understood to be ironic, particularly when the reader has a vested interest of one sort or another in the object of the ironic statement or situation.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled food fight.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I'm just stoked that this is going to make it to 10,000 hits after all!!!

YEA!!!
---------------
Peter

so by trying to rile me up you think that....? na never mind

so how about that jump... or are you skerd to admit you wana jump with me?
Leroy

I'm just stoked that this is going to make it to 10,000 hits after all!!!

YEA!!!

Just watch ... Tom's going to lock this thread at 9999 :D:D
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

has anythread made it to 10k.... to lazy to look right now
Leroy

But of course. I'm not sure why since it has nothing to do with BASE.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Nope, not on the BASE board. The link goes to "Tit-ee bar(NSFW)", in the bonfire. Pretty funny that this post is as popular to BASE jumpers as tits are to skydivers. And the beauty is that the "World Famous Miles D" didn't even have to post.

BTW, I've heard from reliable sources that RADIX is one of the most incredible videos to date. For $20 at that!

Leroy, I have a 180' tower here that I want to open up, when you come out, we'll jump it together...
---------------
Peter

... yea... um... you are real funny man, don't'cha know...

maybe I will S/L it when I grow up like you

ADDED: agree on the radix video. see other post
Leroy

Just watch ... Tom's going to lock this thread at 9999 :D:D

Hey, it's friday night. Tom's waaaaaay too drunk to be Mr. Moderator Man.

So I guess it's kind of a free fire zone for the next 12 hours or so, until I wake up sober Saturday morning...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You might be right about saying stupid shit sometimes but that's what happens when you get fucked up and get on a computer. Hell, it's beats drunk dialing. But I'm sure, mr. winklekotter, you never make mistakes like this do you?
I was only doing a little research trying to see if Miles was as famous as he says he is. Anyone else who looked up 'world famous miles daisher' would have found the same thing.
The article doesn't put Miles (or Dan) in a bad light and I don't think it's anything he needs to try to hide or be ashamed about. Nor do I believe it should bring him any mental anguish. It sounds like an epic time in his life and he shouldn't look back on it and feel pain. I guess I see death differently than most, I see it as merely a doorway to much greater things, not as the END ALL that most see. There is a time for mourning but after that you should celebrate that persons life rather than get angry or upset everytime people talk or read about it. Sorry if we think differently on this. Get over it, it's only physical death!

B-Team, glad I could help out the cause ;)

Oh, and who hasn't met Miles, he IS world famous you know!

Hey Fukers, bummed I missed all the fun here. I'll try and help get us to 10,000 though.
You guys are retarded. Miles has this thing called a sense of humor. "World Famous"
You idiots took him seriously! Man, he sure did shove some sand up yer vaginas. Hey, I know a great way to easily get us to 10,000! I was missing out on all the attention anyway. What about me?
Here's more sand to whet your vaginas:
1. Death camp was my idea, gonna keep doing it.
2. Love those top rail bails!
3. Waterski jumps, two thumbs up!
4. Dayblazing, awesome! (Especially your objects)
5. I invented the McConkey so I'm world famouser than any of you ass wipes.
6. I'm also sponsored by Red Bull.
7. Tried to kill Miles at Bridge Day.
8. Tom A. yer an asshole.
Can't think of any more but I'm sure you guys can. Remember, 10,000!
Shane McConkey
"The world's greatest base jumper"

10'000 is done, and now thanks to your post this thread can be locked as soon as Tom wakes up...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM