RayLosli

" Radix " Video - Jumping off the Rail

Dex,

We've never met, but from what I've heard (and seen), you're a good guy. So thank you for your response.

However, I still do not think that Ray has ethics when it comes to BASE.

I don't care how long Ray has been jumping, I don't care how many jumps he has, and I don't care how long he lives. DW went in before Ray, but DW has shown more kindness to me than Ray ever will, he has taught me more than Ray ever will, and he has done more for BASE than Ray ever will. So Ray can outlive me and out-jump me, but that doesn't mean $HIT when it comes to BASE and ethics.

There are PLENTY of people out there who don't even know what BASE jumping is, but their ethics are better than Ray's, because they wouldn't jump from the rail, encourage it, or spit in the face of others who respect it, because they know right from wrong.

Dex, you said, "he's forgotten more about BASE than I know"...you're either right in the sense that he's forgotten ethics, or he just never had them.

You also said, "but he does enjoy stirring up some shit once and a while." I hope that's the only thing Ray is doing right now, because I might excuse that (as long as the whuffos don't follow in his footsteps).

Thanks for your reply, Dex...it was worded quite well. Let's make a jump sometime!

I'm not so sure about that. You might want to give a little consideration to who you're talking to. Ray has been jumping far longer than you or me and he's forgotten more about BASE than I know. He's a solid jumper with solid ethics but he does enjoy stirring up some shit once and a while.

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but you might want to stop for a second and think about the possibility that you may be talking to someone who will be around long after you and I go in.

Just a thought.

Ray, call me damnit I want to make a jump tomorrow night.

And who do you think paid for this bridge? Who do you think has more respect for this bridge...me or Ray? Who do you think is LEAST likely to burn it...me or Ray?

Forget about experience...just compare common sense, respect, and the will to keep the bridge open.

Hey Ray,
Staying off the rail is about longevity.
Long after we've made our final flick there,
a fresh batch of BASE jumpers will show up.
Site preservation for future generations is
well worth the inconvenience of climbing over.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I'm not so sure about that. You might want to give a little consideration to who you're talking to. Ray has been jumping far longer than you or me and he's forgotten more about BASE than I know. He's a solid jumper with solid ethics but he does enjoy stirring up some shit once and a while.

Just dont forget that old guys makes mistakes:P

I think Ray did this to get people to think..
the ironic in the forbitten rail jump is that BASE ethichs says there no rules:P

I dont agree in rail jumping off that S,but only in the name of keeping the brigede open for future BASE jumps.

Ray, call me damnit I want to make a jump tomorrow night.;)

damnit>:( i never get any phone calls if i wanna go jump:ph34r::D

Ray call Dex. late july or so(if you can rember his # at that time:P),i wanna hook up aswell:)

OLD farts ALL of you;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

skydvr18 :
I don't care how long Ray has been jumping, I don't care how many jumps he has, and I don't care how long he lives. DW went in before Ray, but DW has shown more kindness to me than Ray ever will, he has taught me more than Ray ever will, and he has done more for BASE than Ray ever will. So Ray can outlive me and out-jump me, but that doesn't mean $HIT when it comes to BASE and ethics.

Hey.... skydivr
I have stepped away from more BASE jumps because thing were not Right
or May have caused some heat on a BASE object.
More times than you have BASE jumps.
If you would come up hear and do a few jumps with us, you would know.

Those of you that know me or jumped with me know. . " I am a.".....
Right-wing, RedNeck, Pro-gun, Nut, that drives a Large 4x4 pick-up truck
like an extention of my Penis. That has no education,& BASE jumper.

** Dexter....coming to the aid of friend and fellow BASE jumper.
Dude you fucking Rock.. Thanks Buddy
PS: I will let you in on a little secret,
"I have not jumped from the Rail for years." and feel that, ( NOT ) jumping
off the Rail is a good idea.

** Dexter - the whole point of this Thread was, that I was sick of reading
another, DZcom. Thread on that damn. ..Bridge Rail.
(also) I was just board and just wanted to hear comments from all the Half-Wits.
who have never meet me or jumped with me.

I really don't get very much BASE information from the DZcom.
I just like reading and trying to match a face to the people Posting.
Most of them I have never meet, so trying to figure them out is tough.
A lot of them are funny and smart, some are not.

On this thread : "Radix Video" jumping the rail, most people just let
I slide on by because it was beneath there intelligence and not worth the time.
(but)....................WOOOOO.. HOOOO
There are a few of you that are funny.
Some want to, Tar and Feather Me. Accuse me of being with out BASE ethics.
HELL.....I even got some Post's, Quoting about Laws passed for..." Sodomy"
Then wrote his, " Autobiography on Homosexual Erotica.and Hate "
Putting my name....( In the Place of His.) He is clearly an, Over Educated man
that can not control what comes out of his Brain. ...(basically), To much brain,
(but).. No common sense and has not learned know how to apply it.

**Avery ..... Shame, shame, on you getting in on this dirt. I know you are
smarter than this.

:D (also) : I now have a little more respect for Tom.
I had no idea that he had to deal with this many Idiots out there.

However, I still do not think that Ray has ethics when it comes to BASE.

Go re-read his statement and you'll see hes not advocating rail jumps, he's simply stated some of the history as to why they are not allowed, and how people are not actually thinking for themselves....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

**Avery ..... Shame, shame, on you getting in on this dirt. I know you are smarter than this.

I had no idea that he had to deal with this many Idiots out there.

That's precisely our point. You seem to be saying that the longer you've been in the sport, the less you should have to care about site ethics.

To me and other people, that doesn't make any sense.

Sure, BASE to many people is about "sticking it to the man" and breaking the physical rules that most people have in their heads. But here's one rule that we should all live by: Don't do anything that endangers other people's sites! The jumpers who LIVE in TF don't want people to jump from the rail, so don't do it! Don't do it, and don't argue devils advocate against it - you're doing more harm than good.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

MOTORISTS DRIVING BY CAN EASILY SEE YOU ON THE RAIL - RESULTING IN MORE TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS FOR THE RUBBERNECKERS, OR MORE 911 SUICIDE CALLS.

Traffic accidents are the major problem. Even a minor fender bender on the bridge backs traffic up all the way down Blue Lakes, usually as far as North College (Cafe Ole/La Fiesta) and sometimes as far as Addison.

I am a BASE jumper, and I get pissed when it happens. What do you think the non-jumpers in town think? Any time they hear that the traffic back up was "caused" by a jumper (I know we don't actually cause it, but anything that draws attention out there causes jumpers to slow and potentially collide), folks around here get pissed at jumpers.

Staying off the rail is a good idea. Not because it's illegal (it's not, actually), but because it's considerate to folks like me, who live here and like to be able to get to the store. Blue Lakes is _the_ major thoroughfare through town, and when it gets backed up, it's no fun for us.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

'98, '99 you could SHOOT THE STEEL.

It was illegal then, and it is illegal now. If you are caught on the steel, the cops will arrest you. Jumpers getting arrested would be _very_ bad PR for BASE in Twin.

Please stay off the lower steel. I've even worked out a way to set up rope swings from the sidewalk, so that those of you (you know who you are) who climb out there to do that have no excuse. Drop me a line if you want to see how it's done.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Sorry ...I do not know who, John Vincent is, or his story.

Serious? Dude, I'll show you the video next time you're in town. It's freakin' hilarious.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Maybe we can jump the OTHER legal bridge in the US sometime. Oh, wait, I'm sorry...there's only ONE.

I can think of 6 off the top of my head. Know why I'm not sharing their names here?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

i saw him on Discovery whith his jump off them no longer B´s (:()
I thourght it were a short delay,but i never saw the area anyway:S so i couldnt tell if that were the reasson,how ever people screams ontop of that B were awsome he he

(Mac you rember my first cliff:D:ph34r:even as the family knew what we were about to do,then the kids screamed "he jumped,he fucking jumped":ph34r::D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

BASE ethics are not now, have not ever been, and likely will never be, absolute. They operate on a sliding scale, like most things in life.

Ray has been around a long time, and seen the slides of the scale. So has Avery, and several other folks posting in this thread.

Getting into ethics arguments over absolutes is kind of pointless. We evolve a community standard and stick with it as a community. Ray knows this, and whether he wants to stir things up here or not is relatively unrelated to what he does in the real world.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think KidWicked has some good points here.

BASE ethics aren't really related to legality, 90% of the time. Something can be illegal, but still ethical, same as it can be legal, but unethical.

And we all, regardless of experience, comprise some part of the BASE community, and our group ethics.

Everyone, just remember, Ray _has_ been around this wheel a few more times than most of us. You see it spin a few times, and your perspective does change a little.

Anyway, why bother going from the rail when we can put a plank out and go from there? It's just as good a launch, and distracts the drivers less.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

We will get signs around the roads here in Norway now! After a huge news paper story about a jumper almost hit a car before landing! They even took a picture of him passing 30 m above the road, landing safe in the fields next to it B| Great early morning story, they was so shocked, but managed to stop and take pics of him passing the road, and landing :D

Kid
Man You just don't get it.
I am a strong advocate for proper training and properly teaching a
Learning BASE jumper proper, Edict in how to treat a BASE object.
And I try to make a practice of using proper, Ethics.

Make this Thread more than just, "My Bad Habit" and entertainment.

Every BASE jumper makes mistakes. I have made a few. Have You ?
EVERY and I, MEAN EVERY, BASE JUMPER at one time or another
has used, Bad Judgment when jumping a object. They have slipped in a
little bit after Dawn, in the light. Walked up to something just a hair to early
just before dark. Or has just done something stupid because He or She,
just wasn't thinking. THINGS that might not be considered., Ethical practice.
It just happens some time to, EVERYONE. You just have not jumped
long enough to even make mistakes ???.

Man I don't dislike you, but...........
You have this, " Thou SO HOLY" Attitude. You need to get out of your
"Anonymous, make-believe, Cyber World" and actually consider joining
BASE jumpers in the real world. (just my opining)... My world may not be Real.
If your going to be antagonistic and, Flip me shit, that is OK, I really Don't Mind.
If you want some respect from me, How about using you Real Name, and
Maybe do some jumps up hear with me. Hey maybe even ask me to come
over to your town and kick me off a one of your objects. That would be cool.

If I did not have any respect for you at all. I would not even take the time to
even respond. .... Who are you ? ... Where you jumping at ? ????????????
You need anything for Christmas ? Other that Santa Claus shitting you a......
Million Dollars ??? :D

I am a strong advocate for proper training and properly teaching a
Learning BASE jumper proper, Edict in how to treat a BASE object.
And I try to make a practice of using proper, Ethics.

If that's true, when why do you call people who disagree with jumping from the rail "Whiney-Ass, Fucking Pussies." ?

Why do you despise the fact that I won't buy a video that shows someone jumping from the rail? I don't think Jimmy's going to have to re-mortgage his house because he needs my $20... so whats your problem?
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

man....it sure is different looking at this stuff from the outside...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

If you had read what I wrote to, Dexter on the earlier, Post You would Know.
and...You are really making me a believer in the last sentence I wrote
I Said......

" ** Dexter - the whole point of this Thread was, that I was sick of reading
(also) I was just board and just wanted to hear comments from all the Half-Wits.
who have never meet me or jumped with me. "

If you had read what I wrote to, Dexter on the earlier, Post You would Know.
and...You are really making me a believer in the last sentence I wrote
I Said......

" ** Dexter - the whole point of this Thread was, that I was sick of reading
who have never meet me or jumped with me. "

You were sick about reading about the rail, so you started another thread about it. Uhm, ok.

434, i cant see the pic:( it would be werry usefull to hook up whith other jumpers,on our way in Norway:PB|

Ray dont you respect me>:(now im gonna kick your ass as we meet,then force you to make a jump whith me,actualy i think ill force you to buy me a beer after the jump,which i will drink as your sitting there whith your disrespect to me..

Now man up and resond to my post or i WILL take actions for your disrespect:P

Kid,you know the word humor? i see what you say but hoonestly Ray already told he posted to stir up things...

Americans....:P:D:ph34r:.....

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Wow....you are persistent, but I am starting to Worry.
You are following we so close, that if, I make any sudden stops.
;) Your "Head" will be up, My..... ASS

memememe
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

*** "I don't think Jimmy's going to have to re-mortgage his house because he needs my $20."

I live in a '93 STARCRAFT conversion van in the parking lot of the DZ. However, I was really hoping to buy a house (maybe up in Twin Falls) with the profits from this vid. So, actually, I do need your $20.