pope

Video: A bridge is still a BASE jump!

Just because it's a high bridge over water doesn't necessarily make it safe...
Watch the video clip triax-BD04-04.mov and discuss amongst yourselves...

I think the voice in the background sums up my feelings about this jump as succinctly as possible.

pope

edit: by request of original poster ~TA

OMFG :o

did they get out of it alright ?? not too much nylon burns ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Man, I missed that one at BD. That's the 3rd canopy/body strike that I've seen since 1995, either live or on video. I believe Lee Werling's was the worst when he hit near the center of someone's canopy and was completely wrapped in nylon for a second or so. Amazing.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I think the voice in the background sums up my feelings about this jump as succinctly as possible.

Copy that.

Someone had a pocketful of 4-leaf clovers. That's some scary shit. [:/]

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Thanks Chris: I had not seen that one yet. It gives me the shivers and joy to see something so crazy end up on the bright side of day. Glad everyone is all right. I cannot wait to see the final product. With me doing all business and you captain editor I never get to see the juicy stuff. See ya in Moab.

Kenyon

I remember that video... did a double take as I passed by the video booth. Wild and crazy kids... glad everything turned out a-ok. See ya'll in Moab?

I was jumpmastering the ramp on this one and I remember shaking my head as they exited saying to myself "This is going to be a good one" and then afterwords I mentioned to the other jumpmaster (Baxter) same thing happened to Lee (RIP) when he left late.

Please.....remember that the ramp does not give you good seperation unless you jump out and away from each other and stagger your openings. Please dont pitch in you buddies face if you look over and do not see him. If he is not there most likely he left late. Ususally the point on a two way is to geek your buddie. Please remember to look for him/her.

One of the things we try to do at BD is put the high puller on the side he pitches to. This eliminates actually throwing you PC in his flight path.

Again your help at BD is appreciated if you can jump out a little to help clear the span of your buddies canopy and plan your jumps every little bit helps.

Anyway it make for a great opening sequence

Thanks
Mike

I remember that video... did a double take as I passed by the video booth. Wild and crazy kids... glad everything turned out a-ok. See ya'll in Moab?

we should be--I'm supposed to leave in a few hours--but Wx looks kinda sketchy...
Think good thoughts...
pope

The triax-BD04.avi looks like there was a D-bag, anyone know if he was jumping a skydiving container?

edited to add: I am trying to figure out why the PC and the bridle did the whole rotate like a stick in a tube thing.

Kris.

The triax-BD04.avi looks like there was a D-bag, anyone know if he was jumping a skydiving container?

there is already a whole thread on this one...

the 3 .mov movies are quite scary too... Hope this only happens during bridge day, and that their minds cool down a bit on more "intimate" jumps. Guess it has a lot to do with the "demo effect"
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I watched this video again and the thing that really makes it scary is the girl screaming in the background. She is sure that things are going to be as bad as they can get. Congrats on pulling everything out.

Kenyon

Please.....remember that the ramp does not give you good seperation unless you jump out and away from each other and stagger your openings. Please dont pitch in you buddies face if you look over and do not see him. If he is not there most likely he left late. Ususally the point on a two way is to geek your buddie. Please remember to look for him/her.

One of the things we try to do at BD is put the high puller on the side he pitches to. This eliminates actually throwing you PC in his flight path.

Mike

Well, technically, the PC was NOT in the other guys' face, but close enough.
Part of the problem was that the guy that ended up spiraling into the water had his hand on his PC BEFORE he ever left the ramp. If you're going to do 2 or larger ways, it's more than just exiting together--it's planning, sticking to the plan, and being ready to adapt if things were to go awry...
any other comments??
pope

In the .2 movie, the bunny on the right pitches in a stand. Is this normal?

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why