truckerbase

Base Death

Erich was always the bright light. Everyone loved Erich. And Erich loved everyone...no exceptions. His kindness and generosity touched every person who met him.
Erich, I will miss your smile and your presence. My next jump will be for you.

My best goes out to Gretchen and Max.

Erich was the type of guy that makes Skydiving such a great sport. His patience and teaching ability was like none other. I am very happy that I got the chance to get to know him. I will always remember Erich for his genuine kindness towards everyone that came in contact with his life. I will always remember you Erich.

My heart goes out to Gretchen and Max in this difficult time.

Ryan

Here is a shot Erich took on the way home from the Royal Gorge last month. For those who didnt have a chance to meet Erich, he is on the right with the green sweatshirt.

That A 2-way we did on the way home was so fun. I will never forget that...and all the other good times we had. You will be sorely missed my friend. :(

Rest in Peace.

~Johnny

anybody got any pics of Erich they can post. It would be nice to see his smiling face again.

Here's a picture of Erich (on the left for those that don't know him) from our March '04 trip to Kuala Lumpur. We were all haning out in a bar celebrating the weekend's jumps.

Rest in peace Erich.

Later,
BASE864

my name is scott, and and i am a close friend of everyone in gretchens family, which erich will always be a part of. its kind of stange to feel so involved in all of this, considering that ive never been involved in jumping, and the few number of fortunate times i got to hang out with erich. i guess he is just that kind of guy. max and gretchen, i love you, and im proud to be a part of your family.

i was at erich and gretchens place about a week and a half ago, and sat up with him for a few hours talking about the website and the buisness, watching jumps, looking at pics, and showing him some photoshop stuff. he started telling me about the website for maybe 2 minutes, and i was sold on doing some photoshop work, animation, video work, or whatever else i could do to help him get it rolling. i still am. if anyone was working closely with him on that specifically, and would still like to do it, i would be more than happy to help in any way possible.

in addition to the website, i am also interested in putting together a dvd. i want to do this, not only for max, gretchen, and erichs family and friends to have something to watch whenever they want, but also to make a kickass jump video and to show anyone interested how great erich was. i have access to erichs video and pics, and would like to use that, as well as any other footage of erich and the crew that anyone else would like to contribute. be it jump footage, or party footage, or random whatever that might work.

if you have some video to send me, hit me up at [email protected], with monkeys or erich or something in the title so i know it isnt some spam crap. good quality digital is better, but even old tapes people have or whatever is cool too. i will work out whatever details involved in how to acquire it, and how to get it back to you if necesary, through the email address listed. tell me how much stuff and what formats you have, and basic contact info - phone, email, whatever.

finally, i want to say it was cool to meet all of you guys at gretchens. eric, sam, johnny, robbie, and everyone else that i cant remember. the turnout for the funeral was incredible, and everyone that spoke, and that came out just reinforced not only how much this sucks, but how great a person erich was.

sorry about the rant, but this whole thing makes me feel like i need to contribute to something somehow.

scott
[email protected]

to check out wagars video he made for the gofast games in colorado go to
www.airsportsnetwork.com to view it just let it load.
Also a few of us went out to the tower sunday and
we drank a few for the admiral he even bummed
afew smokes from us.
miss you tons brother and you will never be forgotten.
DQ
delta