truckerbase

Base Death

we never met, RIP
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

My sympathies and prayers go out to Erich's family. If there's anything any of us can do, just pass the word.

I hung out with Erich this year on the KL trip and also at the Go Fast Games, although we knew of each other after spending many years at the Couch Freaks Dollar Daze boogie. I fondly remember discussing fatherhood with Erich over a drink or two in a bar in KL. He was telling me how great fatherhood is and all that I had to look forward too (as my 1st son was born in June). The passion he had when he spoke of his family was great - even greater then his passion for jumping. Eric was known by many and he touched each one's life in some way.

Erich, you will be missed. Blue Skies my friend.

Later,
BASE864

erich or Admiral was a good friend and will always be remebered. his passion for life, skydiving, base jumping,
his friends, and his family and mostly his son max where untouched. He always made everyone around him happier
than he was and if he wasn't happy he still had a smile on his face. you will be missed by many Admiral and never
forgotten. blue skies
David Quist
DQ
Delta Quebec

Here is the Report that came in just so people don’t wonder and start rumors on what happened. Eric will be missed by many he was a great friend.

Man killed in parachute jump from radio tower
Updated: 11/18/2004 10:08:44 AM

TOWNSHIP OF SOMERSET, Wis. (AP) - A Minnesota man has died while
parachuting from a radio tower in western Wisconsin.

St. Croix County Sheriff Dennis Hillstead said Erich Wagar, 32, may not
have known how close he was getting to the ground after jumping because
it was foggy.

Hillstead said the Brooklyn Park man and a friend from Hutchinson were
jumping from a radio tower Wednesday afternoon.

The sheriff said the two jumped from about 940 feet. Wagar's parachute
opened, but not in time to slow his impact into a hill.

Another person jumped shortly after Wagar, but was not injured.

Hillstead said the two men were experienced "free fallers" --
individuals who parachute, not from a plane, but from fixed objects such
as tall buildings, cliffs or towers.

Chris Jensen

edit to remove names by request of local jumpers ~TA

I'm going to miss you Erich.
Life is so precious!
I am so lucky to have you for a friend and you will forever be in my memories and heart. You were a great friend who always was happy, and you sent that good energy to everyone that was around you.
I send my very deepest condolences to your family, Especially your wife and lil' Max man.
See you again some day, until then.
Scooter....
"aka"
Sergeant Sunshine
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

:(

This is a really sad day for all of us at Baldwin, Hutchinson and everywhere else where Eric had shown his smiley face. You can see the tower from my window at home, I am going by later to lay down some flowers. Gretchen and Max, my thoughts are with you. Eric was an excellent Dad, Husband and friend of many.

He was doing something he really had a passion for

Rest in Peace Babe

Debs
xxxx

Wow,
The reaper is swinging like crazy these days. Erich was such a cool person. Always a smile. One time he came to the shop and just kept giving me pictures that he had taken and had printed. A generous soul who will be missed. Marta and I will light a candle and remember great times. Love to his family and friends.
Jimmy P

A sad day. :(

BSBD. My condolances to the friends and family.

take care,
Chris
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

It seemed like he lived life more fully than most of us are capable. Everyone that knew him will miss him... more than these inadequate words can express.

Gretchen, Max... be well.
Mark

Hi folks,
His wife is an online friend of mine, and the mama forum we both belong to is taking up a collection to help the family. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping out.
Thanks. :(

Tragic big bummer.
Erich was one of the good guys.
RIP
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Erich was a super guy - always had a smile for 'ya. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to Max and Gretchen, and all those whose lives he touched. He will be missed. Blue skies, my friend.
CJ
Peace, Love, and Good Happiness Stuff

Erich always looked for edge. It gave him; an intensity in how much he loved his son, a drive to learn so many aspects of the sport; a commitment to the quality of his life. He really was a pleasure to be around and a decent man also. I've a picture he took on my computer as my background/wallpaper, one of my favorites - every jump, regardless of how good or bad it went he treated as magic time. It's quite a loss for so many of us.

Blue Skies

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Here is a copy of the message sent out today by Rose of Skydive Hutchinson with the information on services for Erich.

Greetings, all -

As I'm sure most of you are aware, Erich Wagar passed away on 11/17/04, during a base jump from a tower in Somerset, WI. Friends and family have asked that I send a general e mail to let you all know the memorial arrangements. Please, keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

Services will be held on Sat., 11/20 at: The Cremation Society, 7110 France Ave., Edina, MN. Visitation is at 1 pm, Service at 2 pm, Reception to follow.

The Erich Wagar Memorial Fund has been set up at the Wells Fargo Bank, 8041 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Park, MN 55445. There will also be a box for cards and donations at the service.

Take good care -

Rose

Hello everyone,

I already posted the details over on Blinc about Erich's death. I do have some information about where donations can be sent for his wife Gretchen and his son Max.

Please send donations to:

Erich Wagar Memorial Fund
Wells Fargo
8041 Brooklyn Blvd.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

Tel: (763) 493-1230

Bank contact: Tadi Tafesse

Thank you everyone.

Eric Lunder

From all of us at Skydive Hutchinson,

Erich, you are a free spirit, as only you could be, Envied by those who could not be as free as thee...
You showed us the world as only you could see,
And I will always remember the smiles you had for me..

Thank you for being a part of all of our lives,
Love and Peace Out,
K+M
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

This is a clip from the local news. Nicely done.
http://www.wcco.com/topvideo/
Peace, Love, and Good Happiness Stuff

I knew Eric thru my other friends at the drop zone, he was always out to help any of the newbies getting started, always had his camera ready with an arm full of photos he was giving out to people, just for the hell of it, just for his love of the sport, he was truly an inspirational person and will always be remembered by us all however little we knew him personally he definitely had an impact on the way we view our sport.
blue skies pal.
thumper (the crazy brit)

Wagar was one of the best. He took me on my first base jump. I will never never forget him sitting next to me on the tower like a monkey, giving me all the encouragement I needed. I am so glad I got to jump with him. We're all gonna miss the Admiral.

Wagar --- one of the good guys, my thoughts are with his family, especially Max and Gretchen- and all that new him.
Eric was like none other, and will sorely be missed, What a loss. He had a presence like none other, those that new Wagar and his smile for even a short time would feel like they had known him for ages. I was certainly lucky to know him, and will cherish the laughs we had forever!
My sincere condolences to gretchen and 'max man', Wagar Blue Skies to you, may you fly free. God Bless. xxxx