ncjumpjunkie

Man UP!!!!!!!!

again, nice one!

I am glad I jump in the UK!!! ;)

Michael McHale
BASE#813
[email protected]
+447977567442

PS) LeRoy - take a fucking check of yourself and admit your short comings.............. dont try and defend what is obvious as short commings........... you look a right cunt when you do!!! [:/]

You drunk again Mac? Not basing this on your comments, just use of language.......
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

This whole "i'm trying hard to help people not make the same mistakes as me" so i'll post this highly controversial day blazing video of a 2 way i did where i biffed in on landing" story is a smokescreen.You thought there was Kudos to be had ,so you ploughed in on a WORLDWIDE forum and posted regardless of the sensitivity.

It is not a smokescreen and I was not looking for Kudo's. Simple as that.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I take it Tom's having a long lie-in this morning. Get out of bed and lock this thread!

I wonder if any of the UK's night-vision-impaired jumpers are reading this?

Jules

You drunk again Mac? Not basing this on your comments, just use of language.......

I wish........... sorry just came back from the gym and was buzzing my tits off! - I guess it has the same effect on my posting as beer does!!! :P

I typically give no mercy for those who burn objects, but you guys are just kicking a dead horse. It appears that you've all vented (some of you more foolishly than others - 813), so let things cool down and hopefully everyone will learn. Hopefully the 105 posts in this thread got the point across.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Not for any others that them people this hole tread is about:Leroy John and who ever is pointing fingers in that area.

STOP beeing a bunch of girls!!!
Why dont you guys meet up have a fight whine about that and get over it...

Cant belive a hole tread about pointing fingers.

To me it looks like you fail to comunicate,and as it looks evry one had dirty hands anyway,so why not meet face to face and get over whith.

I guess no one here learns more from this tread than things were done wrong and people blame each others...

Sorry guys but none of you looks good in my light:|

Flame away...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

This is obviously a highly controversial thread, with lots of feelings running high. I'm not going to let it degenerate into name calling.

eb66to77

...if you had an ounce of common sense here.

BASE813

...I think you are a fucking clown.

Please take some time and read the Forum Rules.

In relevant part:

1. No Personal Attacks

I'll give you each 7 days to read and digest them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ref. Bio's thread. Interesting reading given the conversation here...

Le RoyDB
etc, etc,
Who has inspired you in BASE-jumping? 1st that would be my mentor. He has shown me that he has many, many levels and depths to himself that reflect directly to BASE and life itself. He has guided me, shown me the choices, and has allowed me to make decisions in growing in this dangerous sport. He took me in when some wrote me off. For that and the many other lessons I have learned (and continue to), I am forever indebted. #2 I am really proud of Russell.

Describe Le RoyDB in five (+1) words or less: Doesn’t know how to give-up

:):P:P:P

;)

Tom, Does this constitute a personal attack or would it be considered auto-attack given the way this thread went? Surely this is a different guy talking?

This thread rocks!
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

I know that in light of the way this thread has progressed, and how heated these types of discussions become on here even between people who respect and admire each other, it can seem as if everything that we don't agree with will come off as an attack. As some have stated previously, often the only way to get through some thick skulls is to take the paths we'd rather not HAVE to take.

Having said that, and all personal feelings aside, several people posting toward the tail end of this thread have made some valid points that hit home with me. Knowing good BASE ethics, or showing that you can learn them, and actually practicing them are two different things. I mentioned initially on Sonic Beef that I thought that the video was initially posted with the intent to learn. I've since revised my opinion. Perhaps that did play some small part. Here's where it gets tough to try and distinguish between an attack and an observation. Some people need attention and constant affirmation of their life's course and they don't present the image that they care how they get that attention or affirmation. When it becomes so important to be heard/seen that you do things you have previously been advised against, time and time again, and your actions wind up creating problems for more people than just you and your immediate circle of acquaintances, it's time to stop trying to justify what you've done, listen to what the vast majority of people have said to you and humble yourself. And not just for a day, a week, a month.

Humility is not a trait often found in BASE jumpers, I've noticed. The ones who are humble are rarely heard from in a negative light. People, especially newcomers to this activity like myself, who lack the ability to be humble and accept when we've made mistakes are not going to get very far in this sport...and perhaps that's for the best. Maybe once nobody will jump with you or take you with them or include you in any way, shape or form in their BASE activities, perhaps the lesson begins to germinate in the ol' brainsoil.

There comes a time when people need to listen. Especially when everyone else is telling you you have a problem. Since, based on some posts in this thread, BASE interventions seem to have the potential to get a bit heavy handed, maybe understanding that trying to convince everyone else that THEY are the problem only makes you look even more guilty will help start the process of humility.

I'm new to BASE. I have much to learn and am willing to take as much time as necessary, and then some, to make sure I do things right. If that means eating crow and then shutting my mouth and truly LISTENING while others tell me things I'd rather not hear, then so be it. This community is small enough, even globally, that word gets around fairly quickly. The more people you piss off, the less likely it is you'll have someone on your side when you really need them.

Defending someone who proves on a regular basis, ground-bound or not, that they revel in being a problem child and touting what appears to be a severe lack of social skills, becomes tiresome. It becomes so tiresome that you can no longer defend that person. I'm tired.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Good post McDuck. We BASE newbies have so much to learn, so much to observe and must remember to practice the right BASE ethics which we are taught. I know swoopers are always telling the next breed of swoopers that becoming a bad-ass swooper is a marathon not a sprint. And BASE should be no different.

Now why did Tom have to go and ban a bunch of people for a week (or whatever time frame they were banned). This thread was like "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" soap opera BASE thread. It's going to be boring with all of the principle characters sitting on the side lines. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yo !

This has been a very entertaining thread indeed. Let's keep it going ;)

Meanwhile on a serious note:

515 and 570 have been running a smooth and fun local scene in NC for many years. I am to this day very impressed with their object selection and longevity. It is very sad that certain beginners burn those objects instead of adding the new ones. It is equally unpleasant that these folks give a bad image to "NC crew", and separating the good from the bad will take some time.

Fun BASE life involves a lot of travel. Your image is very important when you visit new places and deal with locals. You may be a nice person but if you build a crappy online image, it will take a lot of effort to change it later on. Specificaly, i doubt that Leroy will be invited on any jumps by those who followed this discussion, and changing such perception is going to be a lot of work.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Where is the hall of shame?

Should be someplace we can look them up before we start guiding people!?

Still bad weather, and starting to become a more internet baser at the time!

See, told you, we had a wicked good time last night. ;) There was one tree involved in the mix, but, no harm, no foul. Unless you count the tree, he took a beating :D. hehe, couldn't have gone much better really though, hope the weather clears for you soon.
cya
Adam

Note there is permission given to post this

It is a possibility that he had this planned, and he misinterpreted Mr J Johnson's post, which was a catalyst that set John Hayes off.

But then again, I just might be an over active attention whore that has been told by many others that I have a problem and that I "revel in being a problem child." Yes people, it really is all my fault

Subject: DZ.com mess
Date: 11/16/2004, 10:22 AM

Hello Leroy,

Below is a copy of an email I sent to John. I am sending it to you to try and make clear I was not trying to get all this junk started.

Hello John,

I am sorry my post caused so much heartache for you. I was not trying to call anyone names, demand that no one jump in SC or anything like that. I included your name because I DID think you are "the man to go to" in the Fayetteville area. I didn't mean to make you think i was accusing you of anything, and I tried not to accuse you or anyone else of anything. My post was a REQUEST, not an accusation, not a demand, not a cursing of anyone. I was JUST ASKING for people not to make it impossible for me to go jump an object that I depend on for my local fix. Thats ALL. I only wanted you to pass the request to anyone you knew of who might not read the internet. Thas the only reason I put your name there. I appoligize for making heartache in your life. From what I was taught, jumping in the wide open daylight can easily shut down an object. I had no idea the property owner would not care about people landing in his crops. So, again, since you said you had permission from him to jump, I admit I was wrong and apoligize for that too.

You said "I would like to talk to who ever it was.... Since I have to defend myself from false alligations."

I really can't see where I made ANY alligations. I didn't say you did anything (or I didn't mean for it to be taken that way). I didn't know WHO was involved, just that the 300 footer was being jumping in daylight. Thats why I put the post in the public forum, not
to single you out or anything like that (and especially not to stir up all the stuff going on - I really thought it had been long enough that I could make a REQUEST and have it taken
as that, not a "calling out". I am actually surprised that anyone replied at all, and expected it to be done on email.)

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off! I just addressed it to anyone from NC who had been
jumping the 300 footer in daylight, and gave my reason for asking them not to. (reason being, though i seem to be wrong, that jumping it that way was against BASE ethics and
would endanger its future use.)

My request was simple "Those of us who are local ask you to stop jumping here in daylight hours. If you want to jump at night, then you are welcome." And I tried to make it clear that I wasn't saying NOT to jump, but to come and be welcome at night.

All of it was just because I don't want to have to stop jumping a tower right close to my house.

I hope this hasn't come across wrong to you, like the DZ.com post came across.

I was just ASKING for a little consideration. If you feel that posting this to the DZ.com will help then you can. I can't because Tom Aiello locked me out.

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

mind if i drink with ya... I am looking for an AA group unless you stop me
Leroy

Seriously, back to us...

Yes, it is fun landing in trees, much easier on the feet when they never touch the ground on landing...

Happy BASE birthday to Rauk, peace and harmony is in our city... :)
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

...give some of us Carolinian's the benefit of the doubt if we come to your neck of the woods.

It's ok, Ganja. We're not from East Carolina (props to peterk), we're from South Carolina -- I'm sure it'll be immediately obvious to the rest of the world that we're from a completely different place.
:P

----------------------------------------
I want to get banned from Parkton, is that in East or West Carolina?

which ever it is I can tell you what to say to get that accomplished, I would have to lease the saying to you though...
Leroy

Make of it what you will... I am tired too.

SONIC BEEF #2 (mat)
SonicBeef Founder Join Date: Oct 2004

Announcement!! Listen Up!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently been booted along with some other Sonic Beefers from DZ.com. It is funny to me but what do I know. Anyway getting to the point, I had blocked a certain persons IP on SonicBeef.com until I had time to talk to him about his recent picture uplaod. I don't think I am gonna turn it back on so there won't be any talking about said person (I wonder who that is?). If you don't know who I am talking about good. All others need to keep it zipped up. Founding members tell me what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt it happened agian last night , he got on here on another ISP address (i dont know how) but he started posting things on here and laughing that we couldnt stop him so I blocked that address and erased the post! (I wonder how I got this?)
"The Beef" (Sonic Beef #1)
"If your gonna be stupid you better be tough"
BASE 708

Let him, it doesn't take much to outsmart him (nope not at all, eh). He knows how to find us.

SONIC BEEF #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC BEEF #2
Let him, it doesn't take much to outsmart him. He knows how to find us.

I think you've made the right decisions. You know I'm on board with everything you come up with...except for that whole "catch the greased naked hermaphrodite" game you forced us to play. In fact, I didn't even KNOW The Brander was a hermie and never had any intentions of finding out.

Seriously, the best form of contempt is total communications (better get a nuke, or an EMP gun) blackout. When you give a rat's ragged one about someone, you continue to talk about them.

I'm all about dairy products.
Sonic Beef #5, Intellectual Beef

McDuck

-----------------------------------
Leroy

huh?

~~~ edit, Yeah I know it's from that website. I see you condensed it to a readable form but I repeat.... huh?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

stuff from there website that was emailed to me
If anyone knows the whole story then this make sense.

Again anyone can PM me for my cell to talk.

(sarcasm)
sure guys it is ALL my fault. everything, it was in my devious little plan to take over the world (holds Pinky to corner of mouth)
(/sarcasm)

... now back to programming web pages and working on my network...
peace out
Leroy

you aint going to make it easy to your self huh??

looks like you want to fight whith mud..:|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

would you let someone bad mouth you? enough said!
Leroy