ncjumpjunkie

Man UP!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm finding this interesting enough that I may try to go out and do a couple with toggles in hand this week.

You can see it in the video SOUL FLYERS.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

well i am sorry i wasnt sitting on dz.com all day waiting for the post.

OH HEY, anyone from the dz reading this, I still love you guys and gals. feel free to visit me at Raeford once I start skydiving again

You might need to correct your signature to read Banned From Parkton#2 that would be correct.

who was #1, and what did they do? You can't ban yourself, thats bad form.

also you banning me is like breaking up. So do we get to have goodbye sex?
lol haHA
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

who was #1, and what did they do? You can't ban yourself, thats bad form.

also you banning me is like breaking up. So do we get to have goodbye sex?
lol haHA

Dude your NOT BANNED, but jesus man! How much more do we have to take?

AS entertaining as all this crap is..........

If you are talking about the Roll Over from that bridge in the Soul Flyers Clip (I have not seen the entire video) I am pretty sure, no, I am positive that is no BASE canopy but is in fact a paraglider.
I dont know alot about them but just a point I thought should be presented. Personally I think that is far more ballsy than with a BASE canopy.
I just don;t think I would want to rely on what works wth a very different kind of wing for comparsion with a BASE canopy.
SabreDave

In the video a guy does one out of a cable car well actually 1 guy does it out of a cable car and 2 off the wire. I know the clip your talking about and thats not the clip.

I met a very skilled paraglider up at the potato in August who was doing rollovers with his glider. It was VERY ballsy in my opinion, I actually think a paraglider was where the idea stemmed from. Anyway, the video he showed was a sketchier one because of the way that the paraglider is, there is a huge amount of slack in the lines while you do it, and shit if they have some kind of tailgatelike mechanism to help with issues to follow (if any). It just kind of inflated wrong, it all worked out fine, kind of just sinking him down fast for a while until he got a handle on it and landed it.

Leroy, there is no need for naming sites here>:(. Even if it is burned it's still bad etiquette to name sites... are you ever going to learn?

Parkton crew, some of us that try to stay under the radar here in NC would like to get a heads up next time another tower is burned. The (2) 2000' towers with the elevators were being jumped for a few years before you guys set them on fire and a call or email to let others know they are hot would be nice... don't you think you would want to know if I got busted on a tower you jump?

All this burning, bitching and buffoonery is really making ALL of the jumpers in NC and SC look bad and get bad reputations. Over the last few months I have had to explain myself and how I conduct myself on BASE jumps because people think I'm part of your group when they find out I'm from NC. This is a bunch of bullshit! I have been BASE jumping for over 8 years and have made over 500 jumps all over the world with hundreds of skilled BASE jumpers and have tried to build friendships so that I get to jump the choice sites when I travel and so people won't think I'm going to burn their sites. Now after all those years of work of building relationships worldwide, your lack of ethics and care to preserve sites is threatening that and has given all the other jumpers from NC and SC a black eye. My suggestion is that if you guys ever want to travel outside of your area you need to start to rectify the situation, NOW! I realize that not everyone down your way is 'out of control' but the consensus in the BASE community seems to be that everyone in this area is a loose cannon.

I could continue but I'm not going to... I think you get the picture.

Jason
BASE 570
Ethical, respectful, level headed North Carolina BASE jumper #1:)

Hey Leroy you are temporarily blocked form SonicBeef.com because you posted three USGS topographical pictures of three different antennas on a BASE jumping site with Lat/Long and metric elevation. I remember seeing things like this before but I usually had to capture the guy first.

You have had a thousands hints to stop this shit and it's funny until someones wrongly messes with my bro. You are the reason behind all of this. That's it. The only person that would logically stand behind you in this is someone that never met you or read any of your posts. Got that? You haven't a leg to stand on homes. You have used up all your avenues here, time to go burn someone else's shit.

Yeah Buckley see you at Raeford. Why were you over at John's place again? Because you thought you would fit in more? It would be much easier for you if you had an ounce of common sense here. I just have to say good ridance. Glad to see that you are finally standing up to yourself. Against the wrong people and grabing at straws though but it shows progress.

Hey whats up John,

A friend of mine came through your hood recently and had good things to say about you and your hospitality. That makes you OK in my book, but I do think that the general attitude in SC towards base is at best marginal. The whole sonic beef skydiver thing is cute and all that, but I see a lot of skydiver mentality on the beef web page that does not really mesh to well with BASE ettiquette. I'm not telling you how to do your thing, but there has been a lot of problems in your neck of the woods, and most of it has to do with newbies teaching newbies teaching newbies, and little regard to BASE ethics. Everyone effects everyone else in this sport. If somebody is fucking things up in your hood, you just may have to set things straight.

John, for better or worse (my buddy says for better) you are a lead guy down there. You set the tone for many. If you don't push the idea of being stealth, preserving sites, and the like, others will follow your lead. To start with, a giant "Were loud, obnoxious drunk, boisterous skydiver/ basejumpers" web site isn't really the base way.

We've had similar potential problems around Maryland, and yes, we pretty much threatened people's health, well being, and gear if they were to do somehting really stupid. We are self policing, so if people aren't doing right by you and yours, fix it.

I'd be happy to share a jump with you, if there is anything left to jump down there in the future. :P

Tree

Maybe you're on to something there.

I understand there are those that will continue to think WTF they want no matter if they hear the truth or not. BUT, again if anyone wants my side? PM me and we can talk.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hey whats up John,

A friend of mine came through your hood recently and had good things to say about you and your hospitality. That makes you OK in my book, but I do think that the general attitude in SC towards base is at best marginal. The whole sonic beef skydiver thing is cute and all that, but I see a lot of skydiver mentality on the beef web page that does not really mesh to well with BASE ettiquette. I'm not telling you how to do your thing, but there has been a lot of problems in your neck of the woods, and most of it has to do with newbies teaching newbies teaching newbies, and little regard to BASE ethics. Everyone effects everyone else in this sport. If somebody is fucking things up in your hood, you just may have to set things straight.

John, for better or worse (my buddy says for better) you are a lead guy down there. You set the tone for many. If you don't push the idea of being stealth, preserving sites, and the like, others will follow your lead. To start with, a giant "Were loud, obnoxious drunk, boisterous skydiver/ basejumpers" web site isn't really the base way.

We've had similar potential problems around Maryland, and yes, we pretty much threatened people's health, well being, and gear if they were to do somehting really stupid. We are self policing, so if people aren't doing right by you and yours, fix it.

I'd be happy to share a jump with you, if there is anything left to jump down there in the future. :P

Tree

Maybe you're on to something there.

If you are ever in my unit again, I will still give you good S1 service!
though you might wana keep the indirect threats to a lull.
Leroy

TO every one out there that know's the truth, and the random guy's and gals:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to PM and call me in support. It is much appreciated.

AGAIN THANK YOU!
Leroy

Well I will stick my neck out here and say I dont know why!

I have seen the way you portray yourself on these boards from when you started BASEing to now and I have to say, I think you are a fucking clown.

I would never want to meet you or jump with you.

You represent all that I dislike in BASE, you have no fucking idea and need to take a check of yourself............ yeah I know I have never met you and I have never jumped with you - so maybe you need to change the way you appear on the forums as when someone like me in the UK thinks so badly of you, you must have to question why that is so.

step back bro............... wonder why you get this shit!

"YOUR UNIT", Funny stuff man. "The Truth", still funny. "Calling and PMing me in support" Now that is the funniest. Its hard to believe that the only reason you haven't been ousted by the entire Sky dwelling community until now in NC is because of guys like us who kept supporting you and then get bit in the end. Whatever made right what you have been doing in your head is beyond rational thinking. The things I hear from you are just mimics and sometimes I wonder who you heard it from in the first place. The sad thing is you don't even have enough sense, even though everyone is telling you, to understand that these blatent disregards for the continuation of the sport are being violated and it is affecting those around you. Nothing is wrong with getting yourself a day blaze unless you use a little sense, see that word again, to not put it on not one, not two, but three websites. Well something's got to give bro. This time it was you. Go hide wherever you want to. I stopped feeling sorry for you a long time ago.

So being from SC, should I just go ahead and sell my rig since there'll be nothing left to jump?

Ganja "Can't we all just get along?" Rodriguez

PS I have not jumped with any of the guys bickering in this thread, so give some of us Carolinian's the benefit of the doubt if we come to your neck of the woods.

You will definately be getting a PM soon from that one. Leroy is not that bad of a dude. He's just, as you stated, a clown in this setting. If you ever get to DE look me up. I'm not BASE jumping much with the baby coming but I know the guys to contact and maybe the Frau would let me get a couple.

#1. I don't need you to feel sorry for me.

Yeah Buckley see you at Raeford.

#2. Kinda hard for you to know, but I jump at both DZ's, Have friends at both DZ's, and will jump at any DZ. I should not and do not feel I should have to jump at any 1 DZ. I like both Raeford and Parkton Equally.

#3. What is really funny is that people are really PM'ing me in support.

Now unless Tom wants to let these personal attacks continue I am done with this, unless people want to call or PM me.
Leroy

it must be great to be as cool as you, sonic beef forever baby

I respectfully retire my beef name...
Leroy

[ I posted that video not to seek attention but to share knowledge. It could save someones life, but whatever, you don’t care about things like that. ]

Doesn't wash. There's very little to be learnt from that video (other than what your antenna looks like in broad daylight.) If anything all it tells us is landings can be hard if you fail to land your canopy correctly, and guess what.....if you'd typed "did a 2way other day, got spooked at the close proximity of other canopy, didn't turn into wind and landed hard", that would have done the trick.

This whole "i'm trying hard to help people not make the same mistakes as me" so i'll post this highly controversial day blazing video of a 2 way i did where i biffed in on landing" story is a smokescreen.You thought there was Kudos to be had ,so you ploughed in on a WORLDWIDE forum and posted regardless of the sensitivity.

You quite clearly make the point that your only mistake was to go public with your video, failing to see that day blazing the object was bad form.

Someone made the point about worldwide credibility. If you ever want to travel and jump other people's objects you will probably need their help. At the moment if you posted looking for jumpers to help you out in other areas you may well come up short. Fortunately you strike me as the kind of person who will never venture beyond your own back yard, so i sympathise with jumpers (both NC and SC) who are stuck with you.

Wake up.

ian richardson #843 from the UK

Apart from the shit canopy control, I thought the 2-way itself sucked as well. Either it was poorly planned or the jumpers in question can't stick to a designated delay (maybe if the lower man went stowed it would've helped?).

IMHO low experience jumpers doing 2-ways from '300 is pretty stupid (let alone poor canopy control, dayblazing and subsequently posting MTV 'I'm so hardkore' videos on the net for 'educational' purposes).

Will
BASE863